What's new

Pakistan ranks fourth in world as IT service provider to overseas clients

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Services Trade Development Council (STDC) during its maiden meeting noted that Pakistan is the fourth largest IT service provider to the overseas clients ranked only behind US, India and Philippines with over 200,000 Pakistani professionals working in this field.
First meeting of the Services Trade Development Council took place in the Ministry of Commerce, which was chaired by the Engr. Khurram Dastgir Khan, Minister for Commerce. The Minister said that Ministry of Commerce would put in place the regulatory framework necessary for enhancing the exports of services from Pakistan. The Council will consult the State Bank of Pakistan to devise a suitable mechanism to facilitate these IT professionals to bring the wages of their work to Pakistan directly.
In order to effectively market the Pakistani Technology industry, the Ministry of Commerce will enhance the participation of Pakistani IT companies in the international trade fares and exhibitions. The Government will also take measures to enhance the capacity of the free lancers working from their homes and small offices providing IT services to foreign clients. The Minister said that the Ministry will train its trade officers abroad to effectively market the Pakistani Technology industry.
The meeting also agreed to take necessary steps to enhance tourism especially religious tourism in the country as Pakistan hosts remains of various ancient civilisations and religions for example Indus Valley Civilisation, Gandhara, pertaining to Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists and other religions. The Council suggested taking measures to enhance intra-SAARC trade of services which is currently very low.
Meeting was also attended by the representative of Ministry of Information Technology and Telecom, Secretary Trade Development Authority of Pakistan, representatives of Pakistan Software Houses Association for Information Technology, Pakistan International Freight Forwarders Association, Travel Agents Association of Pakistan, Insurance Association of Pakistan and Constructors Association of Pakistan.

Pakistan ranks fourth in world as IT service provider to overseas clients

Interestingly only 1 or 2 companies @ CMMI 5 level.. Only 5 CMMI 3 (one of mine).... Farhan Mirza well known in Asia auditor/trainer of CMMI belongs to Pakistan.

What we should do is that we shouldnt provide our Brains to others who are not even appreciative of Pakistan but should build our own IT centers and tech facilities to keep them within our country and work for her betterment only!.

Looks fake to me
More data will be appreciated

Are you talking about netsol?
Yep!

Personally I am not agree with the report regarding 4th largest. In Pakistan, maybe we have more than 200,000 IT professionals but 80 - 85% are jobless. Majority of professional doing freelancing. Another fact about in Pakistan 50% IT professionals are females. Most of the females who have done software engineering sitting in their homes and making rotis after getting master degree. We have very limited numbers of IT firms in Pakistan. More than half of newly establish firms finish their business with in one or two years because of lack of funds for salaries, Tax etc.

I'm also going to launch my firm with the name of XARCTIX www.be.net/xarctix Soon (Development + Graphics) and my wife who has 12 years of experience in IT industry will start her own firm withe the name of BluBizBox let see...

Last edited:
Yep!

Personally I am not agree with the report regarding 4th largest. In Pakistan, maybe we have more than 200,000 IT professionals but 80 - 85% are jobless. Majority of professional doing freelancing. Another fact about in Pakistan 50% IT professionals are females. Most of the females who have done software engineering sitting in their homes and making rotis after getting master degree. We have very limited numbers of IT firms in Pakistan. For example in Islamabad LMKR, Netsolace (Broadpeak), iENGINEERING, Eligzer, TeraData, F3 Technologies, hardly 5 - 8 well known IT firms rest of all are dependent on freelancing projects. More than half of newly establish firms finish their business with in one or two years because of lack of funds for salaries, Tax etc.

I'm also going to launch my firm with the name of XARCTIX www.be.net/xarctix Soon (Development + Graphics) let see...

Best of luck :tup:

hmm I would take nation.pk news with pinch of salt their more of tabloid than a newspaper.

Yep!

Personally I am not agree with the report regarding 4th largest. In Pakistan, maybe we have more than 200,000 IT professionals but 80 - 85% are jobless. Majority of professional doing freelancing. Another fact about in Pakistan 50% IT professionals are females. Most of the females who have done software engineering sitting in their homes and making rotis after getting master degree. We have very limited numbers of IT firms in Pakistan. More than half of newly establish firms finish their business with in one or two years because of lack of funds for salaries, Tax etc.

I'm also going to launch my firm with the name of XARCTIX www.be.net/xarctix Soon (Development + Graphics) and my wife who has 12 years of experience in IT industry will start her own firm withe the name of BluBizBox let see...
best of luck mate.

Apart from the subject of the post, i like your punch line...I think your punchline is so superb..It is applicable for religion in this world....
it means women are non religious? :angel:

Indian IT industry is worth about $100-billion per year. About $70-billion exports and about 30-billion for services to Indian companies. I seriously doubt it Pakistani IT service exports exceed $1-billion mark.

Not being an IT man, I can't say either way for certain, but Pakistan as 4th largest IT service provider to overseas clients in the whole world? I could hardly believe it for Philippines even though 2013 estimate for Philippines export earnings stood at $54-billion and imports at $62-billion; against Pakistan’s export of close to $25-billion and imports about $35-billion.

IT Industry in UK is also quite large; about £65-billion. How much is total Pakistani industry worth? What is its share in the GDP? It is easy to claim anything; I would like it to be supported by some facts & figures.

Back
Top Bottom