What's new

Pakistan’s First Metro Bus Test Drive in Lahore

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

2.JPG

With so much they have done, i think they could have gone underground Rail at least from Shahdrara to Ichara (1-12), the historic/central areas of Lahore. No doubt the overhead portion is nice but they could have done that in the suburbs instead. It just looks to congested right now, especially in the heart of the city.

526418_602418806439278_583269872_n.jpg

I wish they had planned this. It does cost a little more money but then you pay for life time.
Now that we can't do anything with this existing line, perhaps, what i could hope for is other lines (orange, blue and purple) making sense as shown below.

Lahore+Metro+copy.jpg

SO 2MORROW IS A BIG DAY FOR LAHORI'S.... THEY GONNA ENJOY THE METRO.. :)

If Syed Mustafa Kamal was Mayor of Karachi, Karachities could hope for underground Metro Train system.

Some pics are really georgeous, the project is good but allow me to add that SS should've think for future & made this system all underground. US has built these Metro subways underground long ago, as they know that in future world will become overpopulated & people will need land to live...keep in mind US is one of the low population density country in the world.

If Syed Mustafa Kamal was Mayor of Karachi, Karachities could hope for underground Metro Train system.

Some pics are really georgeous, the project is good but allow me to add that SS should've think for future & made this system all underground. US has built these Metro subways underground long ago, as they know that in future world will become overpopulated & people will need land to live...keep in mind US is one of the low population density country in the world.

yeah that was US with Trillions of dollars economy and here is pakistan dear better appreciate what we have got instead of IFs

Not all the best systems in the world are underground. i.e. London's tube is 60-70% ground. But here is the difference between Lahore and London. The Underground portion in London is in central areas. i.e. in the heart of the city. What makes Underground a benefit is its clean look and it's ability to save space overground. The thing about BRT, which Lahore makes a mistake of is that it's never supposed to be a major line. If you look at Istanbul and Tehran, they have it for suburbs and it's capacity says all. We made a mistake. Our present line was supposed to be underground and it's feasibility was done by SS in the 90s. Not sure what made him to change his mind to implement BRT now.

I agree with you. SS needed to think ahead. The thing about Lahore is that there is no centre. In my view, the centre should be the historic areas. i.e. the Walled city, Anarkali, Gawalmandi, Data Darbar, Mall Road, Mazang, and Ichra. I too wanted underground, but in those areas, in the heart of Lahore. For non-Lahories to understand, i mean stations from 1-12 in the present route map.
Can't do anything now. All i can hope is more new lines to come and see a better way to solve this problem.

Personally if you ask me, Karachi is better planned. As a Lahori i'm actually saying this. You guys don't need to rush. Keep doing feasibility until you all reach at an agreement.

Back
Top Bottom