What's new

Pakistan should acquire Altay Tanks from Turkiye?

Besides,

-Altay will have a weight around 62-65 tonnes...
-Aselsan is developing active protection system called AKKOR at present.
-Serial produced Altay's will be equipped with 1500hp domestic engines...
-STM-Aselsan have developed Tank information transfer system
-Aselsan developed special tank IFF systems.
-Aselsan developed SARP remote controlled turret system for Altay.

I think Pakistan should cooperate Turkey in those specific points instead of purchasing Altay. Pakistan has already developing own tanks called Al-Khalid. No need to pay extra money on other designs having different standarts than eastern tanks to create logictic nighmares in army...

Besides,

-Altay will have a weight around 62-65 tonnes...
-Aselsan is developing active protection system called AKKOR at present.
-Serial produced Altay's will be equipped with 1500hp domestic engines...
-STM-Aselsan have developed Tank information transfer system
-Aselsan developed special tank IFF systems.
-Aselsan developed SARP remote controlled turret system for Altay.

I think Pakistan should cooperate Turkey in those specific points instead of purchasing Altay. Pakistan has already developing own tanks called Al-Khalid. No need to pay extra money on other designs having different standarts than eastern tanks to create logictic nighmares in army...

Yes Pak n Turkey can cooperate on these things...... n HIT can help Aselan develop APS,IFF,remote controlled turret,armour,barrell coz they have designed these for AK.......While they produce 1200 hp engines/haul them in their facilities hence they have experience with it......... not to forget the 1500 hp will benefit our AK II programe aswell....... good for both countries.

Anyways good luck to our Turk brothers!

The basic flaw in this tank v/s tank theory is that this tank battle is most probably a thing of past..Now a days if India has to counter an incoming battalion of Pakistani tanks, it will deploy a squad of LCH armed with anti-tank missile as first line of defence..Same goes for Heli. v/s Heli...

even the AlKhalid can fire laser guided anti tank missiles from the main gun. the russian design made in china 9M119M Refleks missile (NATO designated AT-11 Sniper) can hit low flying targets.

further improvement are to be considered in Ak-II design for sure.

even the AlKhalid can fire laser guided anti tank missiles from the main gun. the russian design made in china 9M119M Refleks missile (NATO designated AT-11 Sniper) can hit low flying targets.

further improvement are to be considered in Ak-II design for sure.

And the modified Kombat with a bigger warhead!

altay won't be here if the korean doesn't intend to sell their K2

besides South korea is thinking about spreading the production cost and one obvious way to do that is to export it

The Altay is not a copy of the K2. If that had been the case, then it would have been licensed production. Now that can't be called 'indigenous'. And they are cosmetically completely different.

Also, the K2 overall is still a very new tank, and advanced. Obviously, the Koreans will induct those themselves first.

From what I have heard, the Koreans contributed the armor technology to the Turks specifically for the Altay.

Pakistan's AK MBT didn't inferior to Altay and equipped with latest technology so....
Why not they should buy AK1 or AK2 from us?
Lets think over it.

Aselsan developed a new generation FCS system to integrate on Altay MBT. Thanks to this development efforts, Aselsan developed a new modernization package for Leopard-2A4's upgraded with Altay's FCS and new Aselsan designed armours and called it like Leopard NG...

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea when AK2 prototype will be developed? Some reports suggesting a few years but within this decade.

both the prototypes of AK-2 are now in the parking space and the program is caped since 2 years now. reasons. (a) shortage of funds or no funds (b) lack of interest in the program....by the concerned ppl.

one thing is for sure if we can join the Altey program in any way or stage, we or AK-2 will be benefited in heaps.

but this is not an easy task. for example why should we share our expertise of tank making with any other country? it only be some interest, so for likewise, here both Turkey and Pakistan have some thing to gain in joining this program. but again it is Turkey who will decide it not us. :pakistan:

I have a question that is Pakistan intrusted in this Tank.
And if Pakistan getting these tanks from Turkey it will be very good if technology transfer.

Altay uses Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System (FCS). With A's FCS, Altay can easily hit targets WHILE MOVING.

The MOST IMPORTANT DEFICIENCY OF GERMAN LEOPARD TANKS IS THAT:
Leopard MBTs MUST STOP while targeting, otherwise Leopard tanks CANNOT HIT targets.
Leopard MBTs CANNOT HIT WHILE MOVING. MUST STOP! i.e. German Leopards are BRAINLESS!
This is true for Leopard 2A1, 2A2, 2A3, 2A4 models.

Turkey has Leopard NG NEXT GENERATION = (Leopard 2A4 + Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System + MANY indigenous systems)
Since German Leopards are brainless, the imported German Leopards are IMMEDIATELY taken to the tank fabrique in Adapazari, Turkey AS SOON AS THEY REACH TURKEY. There, Turkey put brain (Fire Control System) to Leopards!

I do not know further versions of Leopards (i.e. 2A5, 2A6, 2A7) have brains!

But I do not think that "2A5,2A6,2A7" has (if any) Fire Control System as developed as Turkey's Aselsan's FCS:
REASON: South America's Chile SEND their Leopards to Turkey from THOUSANDS of THOUSANDS KILOMETERS AWAY to be updated to Leopard NG, not to Germany!

If (Germany's) Leopard 2A7 had been more developed than (Turkey's) Leopard NG, then actually, Chile must have preferred to take them to Germany to be updated to 2A7!
100 Chile's Leopard update by Turkey's Aselsan: Aselsan
Contract year:2009, Number of tanks to be upgraded:100

Turkey's Leopard 1 .........==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System I
Turkey's Leopard 2 NG ==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System II
Turkey's ALTAY .....................==> Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System III.

ALTAY (TR) > Leopard 2 NG (TR) > Leopard 2 (GER) > Leopard 1 (GER).

I think, "HIT WHILE MOVING" technology of Turkey is much more developed than Germany's "HIT WHILE MOVING" technology.
PROOF: 1: Turkey's Leopard NG > Germany's Leopard 2A7
PROOF: 2: South America's Chile preferred Turkey for upgrading its Leopards instead of Germany!
PROOF: 3: ONLY 2 country were invited for Holland's Short Range MOBILE air defence system: Germany & Turkey (Atılgan and Zıpkın Mobile Stinger Systems of Turkey). Both Germany and Turkey showed performances of their vehicles and systems to Holland. HOLLAND SELECTED TURKEY, NOT GERMANY! Reason: Turkey's Aselsan "HIGH QUALITY(better accuracy and precision)+LOW PRICE+HIGH ADAPTIBILITY". Turkey's Aselsan installed the system over Holland Fennek APC!

Imagine yourself running with a sniper and aiming at a target which is also moving ;)

Also factor in the undulation of the terrain, the distance of target and the climate and you have a load of calculations to do!!

Back
Top Bottom