What's new

Pakistan should not accept Indian aid even through UN: Pak media Read more: Pakistan

t_for_talli

Reaction score
Country
India
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan should not accept the Indian aid of $5 million for flood victims, or even have any kind of ties with its neighbour unless India allows the Kashmiri people to determine their own future, an editorial in a Pakistani paper said on Tuesday.

"Until India is willing to give Kashmiris the freedom of deciding their own future, we will not like any sort of ties with India and the $5 million dollar it gave as aid to Pakistan for the flood victims is not acceptable to us and it should be returned forthwith. It (the aid) is not acceptable even if channelled through the UN," the editorial in the Urdu daily Nawa-i-Waqt said.

The editorial claimed that the Indian government had also realised that all their efforts had failed to quench the ardour of the Kashmiris for freedom and the Indian Army chief and even home minister P Chidambaram had admitted that there was no solution to the issue except a political one.

"(Pakistan foreign minister) Shah Mahmood Qureshi should help the Indians and tell them that according to the wishes of the Kashmiri people, a plebiscite be carried out and the Kashmiris be free to decide about the course of their future. Only then will lasting peace be ushered in South Asia," it said.

"Then there will be friendship with India, and trade with India," the editorial said.

Citing Qureshi's interview to a Kashmiri daily in which he had attacked Indian intransigence as the biggest hurdle in the resolution of the Kashmir issue and urged the US and other world powers to break their silence and put pressure on India to stop the killings of innocent Kashmiris, the editorial also "complimented" him.

" Foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has made a statement worthy of a Pakistan foreign minister for the first time after becoming the foreign minister," it said.

Read more: Pakistan should not accept Indian aid even through UN: Pak media - Pakistan - World - The Times of India Pakistan should not accept Indian aid even through UN: Pak media - Pakistan - World - The Times of India

I see no reason why Pakistan should not sue india and Afghanistan in international court for not following international agreements.

I see India Pakistan going at war on water issues.

So the Kashmir other issues are more important for the Pak govt rather than helping affected people.
I mean one should aim to satisfy the needs of the suffered by any means instead of playing political games

So the Kashmir other issues are more important for the Pak govt rather than helping affected people.
I mean one should aim to satisfy the needs of the suffered by any means instead of playing political games

Nop.... top priority should be helping flood effectives but sooner or later some one has to pay for this man made floods.

Thats correct......

India should stop playing political games.....

Some time back I saw an article here about an artificial lake getting created in the KP region and how that could cause havoc in case of heavy rains etc.. Has that been a contributing factor to these floods?

Nop.... top priority should be helping flood effectives but sooner or later some one has to pay for this man made floods.

Please don't insult the power of nature by calling its fury as man-made.

Some time back I saw an article here about an artificial lake getting created in the KP region and how that could cause havoc in case of heavy rains etc.. Has that been a contributing factor to these floods?

^^Do you have any stats. on rain level to backup your claim?
Rains.... alone cannot flood 75% of three provinces of Pakistan.

^^Do you have any stats. on rain level to backup your claim?
Rains.... alone cannot flood 75% of three provinces of Pakistan.

Thats conjectural. Do YOU have any data on which indian water storage facilities hold that much water to indundate that much area? Facts only please, not the usual rants.
The Pakistan Meteorological Department said that over 200 mm (7.88 inches) of rain fell in under 24 hours in the buildup to the current flooding

Its an editorial from a relatively unknown newspaper. Why would TOI dig this hard to get an article that fits their mind frame and then generalize this to "Pak media"? Low quality reporting.

I see no reason why Pakistan should not sue india and Afghanistan in international court for not following international agreements.

I see India Pakistan going at war on water issues.

What on god's great earth does this have to do with aid, or people suffering on anything being discussed on this topic.

Batman you really are starting to loose it.

guys can anyone clarify my doubt that....Did india take any foreign aid in 2004 Tsunamis's...
if it has taken please give me a source..
thank u

Back
Top Bottom