What's new

Pakistan surprised by its inclusion in military alliance

Middle east should give all of their defence budget to Pakistan and we will make sure that not even americans can enter middle east..Arabs(current arabs) are good at getting memberships of night clubs and not in defence.Pakistan with budget of 100 billion dollars can assure their security

That's going a bit too far. The indian race is the eternal enemy of Pakistan. That will be true for the rest of eternity. That is impossible to change. Saudi Arabia is a brother nation. They helped bank roll our nuclear weapons program. Because of which our nation can exist. Problem with Saudi is that they are a brother that expect too much of us.

Guys, just a thought. If Saudi with all their advanced high-tech american weaponary cannot defeat the Houthis, imagine what the Iranians would do to them.

No mate Indians are an ill outside our border whereas saudis are parasites eating us from inside out. Spend a day with saudi and he will show you his hospitality by offering you to clean his toilet.

Hey c'mon..... you will be quite justified in considering Indians as an enemy even, but even Indians may feel somewhat uncomfortable in trying to grind you into the dust. :)

At least indians hate us enough to kill but Saudi want us to clean their toilet. There is no bigger death than humiliation. So I would stick a burning metal rod in them and shake hands with indians.

Pakistan will always stand by Saudi Arabia in its struggle against any rogue elements. ISIS is a menace to the Islamic World and Muslims at large.

to me its a big deal
we are talking out of our arse we are lying.

I can bet Sartaj Aziz will have a different version from teh foreign office.
Ch Nisar will have another
our dear food loving PM will have yet another and the GHQ might have a mix of above or another version.

Meaning?

we say one thing and do other .. and we embarrass our friends. Saudis have not just pulled it off the hat without asking us. they must have had some confirmations from both civilian and military leadership during recent visits.
Sir, some master the art better than others, but diplomacy remains an art. My observation was merely matter of fact, and not intended to be cruel in any way at all. Pakistan has a very difficult balance to achieve here, given its relationship with Saudi Arabia.
I agree.
Might be this could be the outcome of their last visit.I assume that they were pretty unhappy with establishment's denial over military support in Yemen conflict and when they complained,as usual our ''ji huzoori'' politicians could have tried to give them some ''lolypop'' (Pakistan and arab are brotherly nations etc and we will cooperate when needed).
Also,during army chief's last visit,general Raheel Sharif clearly stated that if any attack on Saudi Arab's territory or sovereignty will be take place then Pakistan will be standing with them.Here are two videos,that you must watch:

http://www.zemtv.com/2015/10/31/gen-raheel-sharif-ne-saudia-arab-me-kia-kaha-hai-shahid-masood-tell/

Similarly,other such statements were surely given by politicians which were released in media.However,there are few questions that should be considered:

1-Why Pakistani regime has denied to become a part of this alliance?

i)Either arab regime has mistaken these diplomatic dialogues.
ii)Either they are trying to manipulate in other way around.
iii)Last but not least,might be they have agreed silently,but were not expecting that Arabs will expect some huge support.

Regards

Though the act of self introspection is highly beneficial and recommended, but this must be exercised along with having the bigger picture in mind.

In international relations and diplomacy, very strict protocols dictate engagement, since otherwise through human nature, quickly things start to gravitate towards profanity as is now evident from the melt down of diplomacy between Turkey and Russia.

In my view, Pakistan's statements were inline with general rules of diplomacy and courteous relations. I am not in anyway discounting the negative aspects of Saudi-Pakistani relations, but I am just saying, Pakistan can not come out and say 'screw you'. It is the other side, that has to have the intellect to understand what is being said in a polite manner.

Another aspect of this from Saudi perspective is their being stuck between a hard place and a rock. They have been hand reared and baby sitted by United States since 1930's and now United States is slowly but surely is trying to free itself from Saudi Arabia (and to a lesser extent Israel). Saudi Arabia has a plethora of internal problems, which are hidden from outside observers, chief among them being the issue of the political legitimacy of the ruling family of 5000 princes. Without a super power baby sitting them, it is a harsh world out there. So:

They needed Yemen war and a quick victory there, in order to legitimize themselves, specially after their attempt to dislodge Assad failed. To their horror, a Yemeni victory seems as illusive as ever. Picking up another fight while they are already in the middle of one, is beyond the competency and hard power of Saudi system. Therefore now, with US having been checkmated in Syria and capitulating in its 4 year old demand that "Assad must go", Saudis panicked and started clutching at the straws, announcing an "alliance" against "terror" with nations whose citizens are often themselves terrorized in Saudi Arabia and employed as nannies, laborers and outright slaves with no rights and no hope of ever ending up with Saudi citizenship.

This announcement more than illuminating what is wrong with Pakistan or its relation with Saudis, rather has made Saudis inherent internal weaknesses transparent.

With continuing heinous attacks around the world from Paris to California to Parachinar to Peshawar, in which all these perpetrators subscribe to Takfiri ideology emanating from Saudi Arabia, the Western world and even Islamic world are becoming less sympathetic to Saudis. As situation develops, the Saudi royal family will be under pressure to rein in the Takfiri ideology. And this is what Saudis want to avoid, since the political legitimacy of Saud family is entirely based on a tribal bedouin agreement between Saud family and Takfiri ideologues.

Under this agreement reached inside tents of Najd desert decades ago, before the discovery oil, the Saud family was allowed to claim political and economic ownership of a land named after them along with being allowed the debauchery as long as the Takfiris were allowed to have their way in matters of religious doctrines and its spread. This symbiotic relationship has in turn permitted Saudis to export the social 'entropy' of their backward culture, to other lands often under direct or indirect supervision of United States which used this entropy for its own strategic objectives. But now this entropy has become a menace for the world and Saudi political system has no safety valves whether cultural, bureaucratic, military or political to deal with this entropy.

Saudis tried to convince the West in one "last" attempt that this menace of entropy can be controlled and used against interests of Iran and Russia. That is why they held a conference just last week or so, gathering all these "Syrian" rebels. The idea was to unite them and present them to United States as a viable force in employment of American strategic objectives. That conference failed miserably. It is no longer possible to control this entropy.

Immediately afterwards, Saudis announced this "alliance". A PR move. Clutching at the straws.

A real alliance is not formed this way. A real alliance needs months and even years of diplomacy, an army of lawyers who have to be tasked with critical job of preparing a document to be signed after having researched and taken into account every aspect of local and international laws, and even the previous treaties and international obligations to which the member states are already part of.

This paper alliance will be forgotten eventually. The biggest winner out of this alliance seems to be Egypt which was quick to bill Saudis to the tune of billions of dollars since Saudis used the name of Egypt on their TV.

At least for now, Egypt seems the one who came on top because of this "alliance" announcement.

Pakistan will always stand by Saudi Arabia in its struggle against any rogue elements. ISIS is a menace to the Islamic World and Muslims at large.

Are you the Paksitani FO spokesperson ? :o:
clear.png

Are you the Paksitani FO spokesperson ? :o:
clear.png

if Pakistan don't say statements like these the gulfies will rage and threaten Pakistan like with the yemen situation. OR give a hindu nationalist like modi a platform. KSA have never helped Pakistan fight against terrorism.

if Pakistan don't say statements like these the gulfies will rage and threaten Pakistan like with the yemen situation. OR give a hindu nationalist like modi a platform. KSA have never helped Pakistan fight against terrorism.

Seriously, how is it that the Saudis able to browbeat Paksitan so easily? Pakistan is a powerful state in the Islamic Community, while the Saudis with all their oily money are simply unable to even deal with the tribals of Yemen. The rest of the Gulfies are simply bogged down in decadence, they cannot stand upto anybody else and swing around with the wind; even though they have achieved financial and commercial success. They will never dare to run afoul of Iran (much as they are pawns of KSA), since that is where they have made most of their money from. Pakistan can afford to stand upto these idiotic sectarian conflicts, which are somebody elses.

Seriously, how is it that the Saudis able to browbeat Paksitan so easily? Pakistan is a powerful state in the Islamic Community, while the Saudis with all their oily money are simply unable to even deal with the tribals of Yemen. The rest of the Gulfies are simply bogged down in decadence, they cannot stand upto anybody else and swing around with the wind; even though they have achieved financial and commercial success. They will never dare to run afoul of Iran (much as they are pawns of KSA), since that is where they have made most of their money from. Pakistan can afford to stand upto these idiotic sectarian conflicts, which are somebody elses.
For the first time ever i agree with u. But as u may have noticed, our people lack self confidence.

Out of curiosity;

IF pakistan decides to engage in ME

would you consider moving to Iran as one of out choices ?

Out of curiosity;

Why should he move??.. Pakistani public will Send Nawaz sharif to Jeddah again :D

Pakistan should stay away from ME... we should focus on Business and trade... enough of this war and bullshit.. we are fighting from 47 and now we need rest for 20 years to build our muscles for next level...

Last edited:
Pakistan is just trying to calm down keep berserk Saudis with vague promises. Pakistan will not take part in any conflict in the Middle East.

For the first time ever i agree with u. But as u may have noticed, our people lack self confidence.

HeHeHe, maybe you are too hasty in your thinking ehh...... :D
But is "self-confidence" the only attribute that is lacking?

Out of curiosity;

Im british with pakistani heritage and my family is rich im not directly affected what goes in Pakistan other some relatives. All the families of doctors got the out of Pakistan when given the chance. I don't want to see the country of my parents to fu** for arabs who sell the beliefs since some pakistanis are so insecure of kissing the feet of savage royals. Saudis have brought nothing but their savage toxic ideology to pakistan. Same reason that american shooter goes to KSA meets the local cleric and becomes radicalised.

PS you're not a saudi citizen, you could be shipped back to pakistan at any moments notice yet you wanted pakistani soldiers to die for some saudi family....really boggles the mind. You also said the yemeni war would be over by eid and now it seems saudis can't get out of this quagmire.

there's no definitive answer because it BS coalition aimed for saudi consumption Saudi anti-terror alliance is a paper tiger for domestic consumption | Middle East Eye

Furthermore, Pakistan ambassador to syria continues to meet Assad against Saudi wishes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom