What's new

Pakistan: the liberals’ dilemma

Afghanistan was supposedly an Islamic state and some even consider it to be an example of what an Islamic state ought to be. But it was only good for a certain sect, hell for all the others.

Trust me it was a hell for everybody, including the ruling sect.

^^^^^^^^^ Hence my point , declare Pak to be a secular state, period.
Lets put our $$$ where put our mouths are. Every thing comes at a price, Liberty aint free.
The whole logic that muxlims wanted a separate muslim state sans Islam is a retarded idea. I dont see why we wont be able to live in /under a prosperous secular country where they , heck....even allow muslim laws.
I think our founding father were totally confused. Just sayin!

PS Someone made a reference of "Specific type of Islam" that resulted in baning Alcohol & gambling.Well that would be Quranic type of Islam actually! But whatever, it is not like we are going to die one day, raised up and questioned.....

Last edited:
Today i went somewhere to meet a friend who came back from AFghanistan. During our stay there were other guest and among them was a welsh white guy who was introduced to us as Karim, they told us that he converted to Islam a few months back. He looked a nice a guy, imagine if the UK was a country with christian law of severe punishment and if somebody had left christianity what his fate whould be? that Karim guy wouldnt have done what he did. Now compare the same thing in my country, if somebody leaves islam, his place will be his grave and his body in several pieces. Leave religion on personal level, taht is the best way forward.

yet to hear if there is a defination of liberal extremists ? wtf is this term lol .. infact how do one diffrentiate btw liberal and liberal extremist , this is utter bakwas & plain non-sense invented by perpatrators to confuse general public

yet to hear if there is a defination of liberal extremists ? wtf is this term lol .. infact how do one diffrentiate btw liberal and liberal extremist , this is utter bakwas & plain non-sense invented by perpatrators to confuse general public

It is like left and far left. In texas we call em liberal fascists( both types)!

It is like left and far left. In texas we call em liberal fascists( both types)!

to be honest, in pakistan, i dont see these so called liberal extremists. although religious extremists are in large numbers.

by the way, i thought you live in brazil?

Today i went somewhere to meet a friend who came back from AFghanistan. During our stay there were other guest and among them was a welsh white guy who was introduced to us as Karim, they told us that he converted to Islam a few months back. He looked a nice a guy, imagine if the UK was a country with christian law of severe punishment and if somebody had left christianity what his fate whould be? that Karim guy wouldnt have done what he did. Now compare the same thing in my country, if somebody leaves islam, his place will be his grave and his body in several pieces. Leave religion on personal level, taht is the best way forward.

sir thats exactly my point , its the height of hipocracy when it comes to pakistan than you support blasphemy laws etc and crush the minorities however the same fundos many of those who are living in western countries cannot imagine such a law in their western country of residence! how would the muslims and other communities feel if similar laws are introduced in their countries ? .... muslims recently demonstrated against home coming troops in uk some where these shameless bigots are no where found when such stupidity is practised in pakistan and minorities are victimised because of it !

to be honest, in pakistan, i dont see these so called liberal extremists. although religious extremists are in large numbers.

by the way, i thought you live in brazil?

I move around a lot................

^^^^^^^^^ Hence my point , declare Pak to be a secular state, period.
Lets put our $$$ where put our mouths are. Every thing comes at a price, Liberty aint free.
The whole logic that muxlims wanted a separate muslim state sans Islam is a retarded idea. I dont see why we wont be able to live in /under a prosperous secular country where they , heck....even allow muslim laws.
I think our founding father were totally confused. Just sayin!

PS Someone made a reference of "Specific type of Islam" that resulted in baning Alcohol & gambling.Well that would be Quranic type of Islam actually! But whatever, it is not like we are going to die one day, raised up and questioned.....

You don't make any sense, you also misread my post.

That specific type of Islam, was a political variation where the concentration was on gaining political and strategic leverage. It had nothing to do with the original concept of Islam. Alcohol and gambling are prohibited in Islam but non Muslim residents can still sell and buy them.

Also the idea of Pakistan was not only religious but also cultural, that is why it was called P (Punjab), A (Aghania), K (Kashmir), Sindh (S), Tan (Balochistan). There is a mush more to it then made out to be, you should read into it.

Here are a few synonyms for liberal extremists: potato, Orientalist (as defined by Edward Said), the 'blame Pakistan first' crowd.

As Imran Khan pointed out, the dialog in Pakistan has been polarized by the liberal extremists on the one side and the religious extremists on the other. You are either "pro-Islam, anti-West", or "pro-West, anti-Islam". The moderates have been sidelined.

Clueless liberal extremists like Paracha, Hoodbhoy et alia believe that anybody in a hijab is a fanatic, and anybody with a beard is a terrorist. They have a formulaic, unreasoned fear of anything Islamic, however moderate. They feel that they must trash Islam and Pakistan at every opportunity to establish their 'progressive' credentials and win accolades from the West and other liberal extremists.

They offer no solutions, only self-righteous blather.

Conrast these liberal extremists with moderate porgressives like Sherry Rahman and Riaz Khokhar who offer compromise and solutions. People who do not find it necessary to bash Pakistan and Islam in order to establish their 'progressive' credentials.

Last edited:
Pakistan today is ruled by mullahs, military and their affiliates in judiciary and media. These so called defendants and warriors of Islam have brought nothing but misforture to Pakistan and Muslims. They are responsible for countless terrorist attacks against innocent human beings and have done everything in their power to impose their own perverted brand of Islam on the people of Pakistan. For all practical purposes, they have hijacked and ruined not only Pakistan but also the very religion they claim to uphold. Here is a very interesting video that exposes mullahs’ perverted, bigoted and extremely narrow approach to Islam. It clearly shows that in order to ensure Pakistan’s very existence, we need to boldly confront extremist mullahs and their mentors and affiliates.

Back
Top Bottom