What's new

Pakistan: Trapped In The US Game

US spying on Kahuta since 2003 | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

US spying on Kahuta since 2003
By: Shahid Rao | Published: October 23, 2009

ISLAMABAD – Despite the fact that Americans have been permanently housed near Pakistani nuclear installations at Kahuta since 2003 in the guise of imparting training at the Police College Sihala, neither the military nor the PPP regime has dared to dislodge them.

According to reliable sources, the PPP government paid no attention at all to the hue and cry raised by senior police officials against the dubious movements and installation of the American trainers.
It has been learnt that some senior police officials have been continuously raising questions on the quality of training courses being offered by the Americans to the senior police recruits. The officials at the same time claimed that Pakistani police officials could impart much better training courses than that the Americans were providing at present.

But the government turned a deaf ear to all these concerns of senior police officials and made no efforts to close the American training base allegedly involved in monitoring Pakistani nuclear activities.
Police officials, on condition of anonymity asked that even if this training by Americans was necessary at all, why had this very sensitive area been chosen and why this training has continued, risking the secrecy and sensitivity of nuclear installations of the country. They were of the view that Americans had no interest in the area except the intention to monitor the activities at the Kahuta nuclear sites.

Therefore, the sources observed that the government should immediately review this policy of allowing effectively an American base inside the Sihala Police College just nine kilometres away from the sensitive installations of Kahuta.

At present, the Americans are present at the Sihala Police College under two programmes. One is International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Programme (ICITA) a programme of America’s Justice Department and the other one is Anti-Terrorism Assistance Programme (ATAP).

According to the sources, the American base was on a four to five kanal area within the college compound covered with high rising walls and no one even from the senior college management was allowed to enter the so-called American enclave. The Americans have also placed containers as makeshift facility inside the said compound within the college boundaries.

Some police officials also made a revelation that a large size signboard prohibiting the foreigners to enter the areas was installed near Kak Bridge at the beginning of the Kahuta road. But, they added that the same board was replaced from this place just to give permission to the Americans to house themselves near the Kahuta nuclear site located closeby, during the former dictator Musharraf’s regime, in 2003. “Now this sign board prohibiting the foreigners to enter the area has been installed on the road towards Kahuta where premises of the Police College end,” Police officials pointed out to TheNation.

The sources, quoting senior officials, have proposed that the American training programmes could continue at some alternative place.

The Nation

New curbs on mily aid
Published: October 23, 2009

IF anyone in Pakistan had any doubts about the hostile US intent towards this country, especially its defence institutions and capabilities, the move in the US Congress to impose new restrictions on US military aid to Pakistan should set them straight. The Indian hand in this move is clear because one of the rationales is to ensure that this aid does not “upset the balance in the region”. This is certainly absurd, coming from the Americans who have deliberately sought to upset the strategic nuclear balance as well as the conventional one between Pakistan and India by providing India with nuclear assistance, missile defence systems and a range of conventional state of the art weapon systems through its defence agreements post Clinton’s Vision document.

Ironically, the military assistance to Pakistan, meagre as it is, is purely tactical and serves little purpose against a conventional enemy. After all, night vision devices, a few cobra helicopters and such like are hardly a balance for Indian armour, artillery, planes and missile defence systems. So this aid, such as it is, is intended to help the Pakistan army fight where the US had failed, in its so-called “war on terror”. For this puny amount of aid Pakistan has been totally destabilised and rent asunder. In addition, our leadership, both past and present, have subjugated the country to US diktat against the wishes of the whole nation.

Ironically, this new move in the US Congress against Pakistan’s military comes in the immediate aftermath of the Zardari government’s decision to accept the conditionalities of the Kerry Lugar Act despite an obvious national consensus to reject the same. Therefore, there is also a suspicion that the present political leadership is using the US to weaken the institution of the military as well as to undermine Pakistan’s defence, especially nuclear capability. Why else would it accept unacceptable conditions on the military and allow the US free access across the country, including in the vicinities of sensitive nuclear facilities?

While our military, thankfully, has over the decades ended its reliance on US military systems, there is one area in which one has a terrible sense of déjà vu. This is the F-16 order which we have once again placed - commercially as before - which may be a source of blackmail by the US. Since we allowed the US to stop our deliveries and paid a vast amount for nothing, we have set a bad precedence. It is time to set the record straight with the US and before our military gets bogged down in SWA, it needs to take the lead in giving a fitting response to this latest Congressional move, before it is concretised.

WarProfessor

“”I can't say I completely agree if you blame Pakistan even if you are a Pakistani””

I don’t blame my country Pakistan, but our coward and greedy leadership.

With its growing prosperity, financial clout and the future Military potential China is a emerging as potential target for a “Colored” revolution. US and the West are keeping their mouths shut because they need your continued investment in US Treasury bills. At the right time though they will unleash the full fury of the Human Rights, Democracy mantra.

Georgia was a turning point. The drunk bear did the right thing after all.

"The drunk bear did the right thing after all." -- Excellent.
I post something in youtube like this after it:"The russians finally got their own rythm back, and I expect them to do very well from now on."
On a side note, after they see russian tanks rolled in Georgia and the "shriek like a hawk, fight like a chicken" Sakashivilli start chewing on his own tie, that group of cronies in the whole southeast Asia finally got their senses back: they can flirt with Americans, Russians, but we will always own their *****. :lol:
(Again on a side note, if there is a slight chance Americans believe that they can somehow crank up those southeastern monkeys and india in a hope to "replace" China, it's naive. First, it's not going to work, second, it's over when Chinese say it's over. :cheesy:
thirdly, they need china, don't they tried it once, the end result is USSR is gone, I hope they won't try to pull this stupid stunt a third time.)
(Again on a side note, sane minds in China should believe China needs US more than any country (Pak is forever be a friend of ours, don't misinterpret), trust me, not all of them are dizzy and feeling hallucinated.)

However, without input from War Professor Emeritus, I boldly predict basically the game is over. US will get her G2 together with Russians as an observer. Russians hedge is Iran. US will make up with Pakistan with a hedge of the Lugar bill on China(yes it's Pak, but actually its on China) about the G2(I don't believe US has issues with Pak, Iraq is the start, Iran is the finish, Afhanistan is a prep, at least according to the plan I perceive, and trust me, Eagle has been feeling very bad and been drinking everyday, they got so crazy and turned to Pak to test China's bottom line (Pak is not an official target, that's why Bush admin is "shocked" for Mushraf's compliance, the message is they don't understand why China would give a green light, the reason I posted somewhere I believe when China ambassordar said no US marines on Pak soil).

There is always a lag from what's happenning and what WILL DEFINATELY happen. All signs are indicating its over.
Japs are crazy since they believe American nuclear umbrella won't be that safe, or they got so freaking scared that China was obviously determined to have a nuclear showdown with US, after all this, Japan will just have to find her own way: it seems they will just act as a country in the world within the UN, basically a normal country. Frenchman finally got a taste of fire from the dragon, and start looking ways out for her own survival, mostly political status as well as economics. Germans will silently be trying to get a big share of international status they I think rightly deserves. Israel is not going anywhere. Arabs can live with it too. Britain, you know its Americans 51th state, don't you?

Oh my God, did I just miss the very important country in the world? :lol: They will continue foolishly believe US didn't dump them and US will try everything she can muster to fake it.

US will engage peacefully with Pak, so Pak will be fine from now on.

Well, as those always say, I could be wrong. But I don't think I want to be wrong on the Pak part.

Everything seems settled, the world can expect an Obama with a broad smile Beijing.

it is gud that these dayz atleast we can discuss the things
every1 is agreed that U.S policies is not in the interest of Pakistan then y our leaders and top most people are alwayz after american policy makers, aid, just to provide cover to there seats.............................

and 4 our internel issues our whole leadership is waiting 4 external instructions shame on our choice.

The whole system is crupt we need patriots to come up and serve the nation in its own interest.

The policy makers r puppets and controlled from west.

But inshallah PAKISTAN will survive and we as a nation to the whole world will prove that nobody/superpower can destabilize Pakistan.

it is gud that these dayz atleast we can discuss the things
every1 is agreed that U.S policies is not in the interest of Pakistan then y our leaders and top most people are alwayz after american policy makers, aid, just to provide cover to there seats.............................

and 4 our internel issues our whole leadership is waiting 4 external instructions shame on our choice.

The whole system is crupt we need patriots to come up and serve the nation in its own interest.

The policy makers r puppets and controlled from west.

But inshallah PAKISTAN will survive and we as a nation to the whole world will prove that nobody/superpower can destabilize Pakistan.

Pakistan does not need external intervention for destablization. Its own people are enough which are continuosly fed with the theories of external agents. The past 60 years are the witness for the same. People continue to live away from realities and arbitrarily look upon others for the problems in their home without doing any introspection. When you yourself are not able to find the problem how will you find the solution. For the political parties external agents and threats has always been a easy food for people of Pakistan to bring them in their favour their power agendas. IF they dont do so no one is going to ever support them and fingers would be pointed towards them. So before the fingers are raised they start raising fingers to others.

Pakistan does not need external intervention for destablization. Its own people are enough which are continuosly fed with the theories of external agents. The past 60 years are the witness for the same. People continue to live away from realities and arbitrarily look upon others for the problems in their home without doing any introspection. When you yourself are not able to find the problem how will you find the solution. For the political parties external agents and threats has always been a easy food for people of Pakistan to bring them in their favour their power agendas. IF they dont do so no one is going to ever support them and fingers would be pointed towards them. So before the fingers are raised they start raising fingers to others.

I would say it is other-way around... now people who were rejecting the theories of external agents should start accepting what is been said from last 60 years was actually true.. the theories that Agencies are after pakistan, should be accepted would any delay by now.. Even the political parties which you are talking about came on the agreement between external parties & internal parties, which also shows the external threats are manipulating the internal higher authorities.. People who are denying these threats are helping internal parties to full fill the agenda of external agents..

Edit: So it could be two reasons for your denial i.e. 1 you are with them, or 2 you are to much ignorant!!

I would say it is other-way around... now people who were rejecting the theories of external agents should start accepting what is been said from last 60 years was actually true.. the theories that Agencies are after pakistan, should be accepted would any delay by now.. Even the political parties which you are talking about came on the agreement between external parties & internal parties, which also shows the external threats are manipulating the internal higher authorities.. People who are denying these threats are helping internal parties to full fill the agenda of external agents..

Edit: So it could be two reasons for your denial i.e. 1 you are with them, or 2 you are to much ignorant!!

Yes that is being said by the consipiracy theorist where people continue to give baseless theories without any proof. And people falling for such theories would add up spice to the already deteriorated situation. They is no hard evidence for pointing fingers and the people continue to be in denial mode for their land being involved for terrorism based on the theories of consipary theorists whom only people of Pakistan believe and no else. And the reason being it invokes the sense of fake pride and nationalism within the people. Being away from the problem always increases the problem

Yes that is being said by the consipiracy theorist where people continue to give baseless theories without any proof. And people falling for such theories would add up spice to the already deteriorated situation. They is no hard evidence for pointing fingers and the people continue to be in denial mode for their land being involved for terrorism based on the theories of consipary theorists whom only people of Pakistan believe and no else. And the reason being it invokes the sense of fake pride and nationalism within the people. Being away from the problem always increases the problem

And the denial of the truth will say same as above. as i mention because of two reasons,

1. Their benefit
2. Their Ignorant

And the denial of the truth will say same as above. as i mention because of two reasons,

1. Their benefit
2. Their Ignorant

I think asking for proof is not being Ignorant but definetly based some nut heads interpretation believing things is definetly being ignorant.

What conspiracy theories....?

1-Presence of US private security firms with illegal weapons?
2-Presence of missing 87,000 US weapons produced and delivered for Afghanistan in hands of TTP?
3-Dispute between ISI and CIA over who will be targeted in SWA with drones?
4-Us desire against Pakistani nukes? (Actually it is more to do with strong Israeli lobby in USA)
5- Indian lobby doing all kind of propaganda against Pakistani interests in USA (although I never mind that as it is your right) which will lead US to a more disastrous situation in Afghanistan and more mistrust will be created between Pak and US.

Only problem is your typical mentality of Indian leadership towards Pakistan. We do have problems like illiteracy and poverty two key factors behind driving locals against state. Now go on and keep trolling as much as you can....:argh::argh::argh:

What conspiracy theories....?

1-Presence of US private security firms with illegal weapons?
2-Presence of missing 87,000 US weapons produced and delivered for Afghanistan in hands of TTP?
3-Dispute between ISI and CIA over who will be targeted in SWA with drones?
4-Us desire against Pakistani nukes? (Actually it is more to do with strong Israeli lobby in USA)
5- Indian lobby doing all kind of propaganda against Pakistani interests in USA (although I never mind that as it is your right) which will lead US to a more disastrous situation in Afghanistan and more mistrust will be created between Pak and US.

Only problem is your typical mentality of Indian leadership towards Pakistan. We do have problems like illiteracy and poverty two key factors behind driving locals against state. Now go on and keep trolling as much as you can....:argh::argh::argh:

Is there any official statement or proof given for your above statements by GOP or anyone. It is the news channels which are airing the programs nothing more than that.

I think asking for proof is not being Ignorant but definetly based some nut heads interpretation believing things is definetly being ignorant.

Where exactly you asked for proof? you already termed it Conspiracy theory.. Which shows you already knew what we going to post...

Is there any official statement or proof given for your above statements by GOP or anyone. It is the news channels which are airing the programs nothing more than that.

Read my 1st reply about conspiracy theories... !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom