What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

Clear pic. I think the PN selected LY-80N -- probable illumination radar on top of bridge.

corvettes-constructed-for-pak-navy-png.640162
SAM still under finalisation stage.

On track, on time, exceeding requirements

Any info on the indigenous SAM program? Would really lower costs.

Also, rumour has it PN is going for AW-101 helicopters... any truth to this? What are the items Pakistan buying for 900 million from the Italians? Sorry for the many questions.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) Could you reach any info about VLS ? What is the origin of it ? It doesn’t seem a system that has been used by any Navy at present. I have searched Chinese VLS models but They don’t have much similarity with the one to be integrated for Pakistani Milgem. Having any idea ?

That is Chinese VLS hosting HQ-16 missiles for example.

upload_2020-6-12_14-13-34.jpeg

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) Could you reach any info about VLS ? What is the origin of it ? It doesn’t seem a system that has been used by any Navy at present. I have searched Chinese VLS models but They don’t have much similarity with the one to be integrated for Pakistani Milgem. Having any idea ?

View attachment 641100
Big brother. This is a reference for you.

055大驱垂发.jpeg

055大驱垂发2.jpeg

I don't know, but if we look really closely, the silos might look circular.

View attachment 641135

Denel Dynamics uses circular silos in their VLS. But I wouldn't say this is a concrete sign or anything, it can just be difference in perspective/in how each of our eyes see things.

1280px-Umkhonto_5.JPG

Here is Algerian A200 ships mock-up. It has also roundy launchers equipped with Umkhonto missiles. From this angel, Both launchers seems quite similar.

upload_2020-6-12_18-40-24.jpeg

upload_2020-6-12_18-41-2.png

Big brother. This is a reference for you.

View attachment 641169
View attachment 641170

Impressive image. Great capability indeed. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 641100

Me and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) had discussed this. I personally am of the belief its the CAMM/Seaceptor if the graphic is accurate.

"Im fairly certain itll either be the CAMM or the HQ-16, this is based off of two probabilities:

1. the designer of the graphic got lazy and didnt add a common uptake and we did select the HQ-16, which would be reasonable because we already are operating HHQ-16's.

2. The design is accurate, however, there are no VLS systems outside of like Russia that dont make use of a common uptake, there is a possibility of a CCL VLS but we dont know. However, the CAMM would fit the bill as it uses a cold launch system and also has a square VLS tube shape, the MBDA graphic i posted aligns with the graphic of the Jinnah class"

Gents this is a model and seems to me, not to scale. So I would not surmise on the dimensions or the actual finished build.

Me and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) had discussed this. I personally am of the belief its the CAMM/Seaceptor if the graphic is accurate.

"Im fairly certain itll either be the CAMM or the HQ-16, this is based off of two probabilities:

1. the designer of the graphic got lazy and didnt add a common uptake and we did select the HQ-16, which would be reasonable because we already are operating HHQ-16's.

2. The design is accurate, however, there are no VLS systems outside of like Russia that dont make use of a common uptake, there is a possibility of a CCL VLS but we dont know. However, the CAMM would fit the bill as it uses a cold launch system and also has a square VLS tube shape, the MBDA graphic i posted aligns with the graphic of the Jinnah class"
...all said and typed, it's worth noting that, in theory, a ship of this size can carry the Aster 30.

I know it's a stretch, a real stretch, but Qatar's corvettes from Fincantieri (which is very similar to the PN MILGEM in dimensions) will carry 16 Aster 30 Block 1NT. Yes, it's expensive, but the cost is confined to 4 ships (at this time) -- so it isn't prohibitive in absolute terms. Moreover, it can change things in the region a bit if the PN ships carry SAMs with 100+ km range.

IMO this is one of those situations where it depends on (1) the supplying gov't's approval and (2) availability of financing/installments. But it'd be a real stretch, but the PN MILGEM has also been one of those cases where our dreams kept coming true (e.g., VLS).

Last edited:
...all said and typed, it's worth noting that, in theory, a ship of this size can carry the Aster 30.

I know it's a stretch, a real stretch, but Qatar's corvettes from Fincantieri (which is very similar to the PN MILGEM in dimensions) will carry 16 Aster 30 Block 1NT. Yes, it's expensive, but the cost is confined to 4 ships (at this time) -- so it isn't prohibitive in absolute terms. Moreover, it can change things in the region a bit if the PN ships carry SAMs with 100+ km range.

IMO this is one of those situations where it depends on (1) the supplying gov't's approval and (2) availability of financing/installments. But it'd be a real stretch, but the PN MILGEM has also been one of those cases where our dreams kept coming true (e.g., VLS).
If CAMM is a possibility then CAMM-ER is alsona possibility and i think would be far more likely than CAMM or Aster given its what Italy is planning on using and there is said to be a big defense deal with Italy. It is only slightly longer than CAMM and is equally diameter. While its rated at 45km+,we know CAMM is rated for 25km+ and Janes has reported it was tested to ranges of 60km so i think CAMM-ER could range out to 80-100km as well. With that said, thisnis just a graphic and i dont think we can draw any conclusions beyond the confirmation of a VLS. It will most likely be HQ-16 BUT only time will tell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom