What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

1669393569624.png

1669393591149.png

Turkey Tests MILDAS

I think this will be very relevant to Babur's and more importantly Jinnah class. PN should target MILDAS as the VLS for Jinnahs. They should also plan on replacing the 16 cells of the GWS.35 type CAMM-ER launcher on Baburs with 8-12 cells of the MILDAS VLS as these will allow for quad-packing the CAMM-ER (if italy allows integration which i think should be doable). IF Jinnahs get 16 cells MILDAS you could carry 8 Siper (150km) and 32 CAMM-ER (probable 45-85km) missiles.

Last edited:
Turkey Tests MILDAS

I think this will be very relevant to Babur's and more importantly Jinnah class. PN should target MILDAS as the VLS for Jinnahs. They should also plan on replacing the 16 cells of the GWS.35 type CAMM-ER launcher on Baburs with 8-12 cells of the MILDAS VLS as these will allow for quad-packing the CAMM-ER (if italy allows integration which i think should be doable). IF Jinnahs get 16 cells MILDAS you could carry 8 Siper (150km) and 32 CAMM-ER (probable 45-85km) missiles.
The use of ESSM-B1s as quadpacks was among the main requirements of the Navy in the MIDLAS project. It was also said by a source from the project that the naval version of SIPER could be quadpacked. A few days ago, one of the most reliable defense sources, Mr. Ibrahim Sünnetçi, confirmed this. In other words, the use of HISAR-RF and SIPER missile systems in dual and quad packs, may not in the first block productions, but definetly is among the main objectives of the project. SIPER-ABM to be produced in ABM class may not be included in this group. Because there are different targets in terms of altitude and flight profiles, the folding of the missile's wings may not be sufficient for multi-packing. However, in summary, we can say that MIDLAS is very similar to the MK41 in terms of interface and dimensions.

Defencey Turkey magazine.Jinnah class probably will use MBDA albatros,and its bigger than istif class,not slower than babur class

Attachments

• B5DCDEE7-9FFF-4672-A102-02B338D641F1.jpeg
    B5DCDEE7-9FFF-4672-A102-02B338D641F1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 7A2D99BD-D9AC-4C07-BA5D-6388918DB188.jpeg
    7A2D99BD-D9AC-4C07-BA5D-6388918DB188.jpeg
    674.8 KB · Views: 29
  • C51E0BCB-542E-47BF-A217-2890C6577778.jpeg
    C51E0BCB-542E-47BF-A217-2890C6577778.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 4D34DDEC-06B9-4FB3-B13C-80196AFD1EF1.jpeg
    4D34DDEC-06B9-4FB3-B13C-80196AFD1EF1.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Defencey Turkey magazine.Jinnah class probably will use MBDA albatros,and its bigger than istif class,not slower than babur class
I think the bigger news in this the notion of upgrading F-22p with Albatross...ideally,if they can get albatross integrated to MILDAS an 8 cell MILDAS for F-22P would enable 32 CAMM-ER missiles. The radars and CMS would also need updating. My suspicion is such an upgrade would cost $150-200M/ship.

I think the bigger news in this the notion of upgrading F-22p with Albatross...ideally,if they can get albatross integrated to MILDAS an 8 cell MILDAS for F-22P would enable 32 CAMM-ER missiles. The radars and CMS would also need updating. My suspicion is such an upgrade would cost $150-200M/ship.
It'll cost much less than that per ship. Probably around $75-100 M per ship at most.

It'll cost much less than that per ship. Probably around $75-100 M per ship at most.

I think the VLS option will be only for Jinnah. However, I think for F22Ps, the PN most likely will go for external launcher. (Least expensive / easier integration option).

aspide-1.001-640x360.jpg

I think the VLS option will be only for Jinnah. However, I think for F22Ps, the PN most likely will go for external launcher. (Least expensive / easier integration option).

View attachment 907537

I think you are conflating Albatross and Albatross NG. Albatross is a legacy system based around Aspide 2000 (this is essentially the Sea/ship mounted version of SPADA 2000). The Albatross NG is based on CAMM-ER and is VLS based. I dont think it comes in box launcher form. That said, there is definitely room for an 8 cell VLS for something like MILDAS or a 12 cell GWS.35 where the current FM-90 sits. Some of the cell may need to protude up, but it is doable.

Well, NZ did a similar refit on their Anzacs, with similar systems (though they also did propulsion changes). Their upgrades were originally to cost $440M NZD ($280M usd) but eventually ballooned to $770M ($485M usd) for 2 ships. Without the propulsion changes, Italian/Turkish electronics instead of US, AND Turkish/Pakistani workforce, id imagine PN would still end up with over $150M spent per ship to make this happen

I think you are conflating Albatross and Albatross NG. Albatross is a legacy system based around Aspide 2000 (this is essentially the Sea/ship mounted version of SPADA 2000). The Albatross NG is based on CAMM-ER and is VLS based. I dont think it comes in box launcher form. That said, there is definitely room for an 8 cell VLS for something like MILDAS or a 12 cell GWS.35 where the current FM-90 sits. Some of the cell may need to protude up, but it is doable.

Well, NZ did a similar refit on their Anzacs, with similar systems (though they also did propulsion changes). Their upgrades were originally to cost $440M NZD ($280M usd) but eventually ballooned to $770M ($485M usd) for 2 ships. Without the propulsion changes, Italian/Turkish electronics instead of US, AND Turkish/Pakistani workforce, id imagine PN would still end up with over $150M spent per ship to make this happen
Keep in mind that the way the West typically tracks procurement programs is by accounting for upfront and lifecycle costs. So, yeah, the lifecycle cost of upgrading the F-22P could be around $150M. However, the upfront will not be as high. There are other factors too, e.g., the fall in the value of the Euro vs the USD, lower labour costs in Pakistan, etc. It's an important distinction because in Pakistan, the maintenance and ops cost goes into the annual budget, while the procurement funds come separately. So, if the F-22P's lifecycle cost is about to go up by $150M due to an upgrade, that'll reflect in a bigger annual budget for the PN.

Keep in mind that the way the West typically tracks procurement programs is by accounting for upfront and lifecycle costs. So, yeah, the lifecycle cost of upgrading the F-22P could be around $150M. However, the upfront will not be as high. There are other factors too, e.g., the fall in the value of the Euro vs the USD, lower labour costs in Pakistan, etc. It's an important distinction because in Pakistan, the maintenance and ops cost goes into the annual budget, while the procurement funds come separately. So, if the F-22P's lifecycle cost is about to go up by $150M due to an upgrade, that'll reflect in a bigger annual budget for the PN.
All i know is that i am convinced that you and I have prayed some of these exact upgrades into existence,including CAMM-ER, MILGEM, and the supposed upgrade of F-22P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom