What's new

Pakistan-Turkey to start $ 20 billion upgradation project on Islamabad-Istanbul rail

How come Iran is not mentioned lol, most of it goes through Iran.

GREAT NEWS... wow this one slipped under the news ...what a amazing ride it would be .. on train ... from Pakistan to Turkey for visit ...:pop: :)

How come Iran is not mentioned lol, most of it goes through Iran.

Unfortunately it has to run through Iran therefore I am sure Iran would have been included.
A comprehensive presentation was given to the Pakistani and Turkish Presidents on the 6,566 kilometres Rail project from Islamabad to Istanbul, via Tehran, with 1,990 kilometres track situated in Pakistan, 2,570 kilometres in Iran and 2,006 kilometres in Turkey.

Unfair generalization that the GoP doesn't agree with. What do you hope to achieve by making divisive statements?

I am making that statement based on the experience we had from gas pipeline project

nothing but some sort of personal frustration my Friend. Ignore him.

That may be brother. But I was sincere in my question nonetheless. I will assume good faith from him until proven otherwise. If he feels aggrieved by or angry at Iran, I'd like to know why. As I mentioned to somebody else on this forum, I feel that most of our 'differences' are nothing but glorified misunderstandings.

What do you mean unfortunately? Iran is behind the majority of the funding.

Majority of funding for the Islamabad-Tehran-Istanbul rail link? That would be great to learn more about. Do you have a link to a news story you could share?

As for the use of the word "unfortunately"; that was a completely unnecessary and inappropriate term to apply to a project that is going to be very helpful to Pakistan, Iran and Turkey. We need to ramp up co-operation and joint projects. The differences between Iran and Pakistan are nothing other than misunderstandings, and some external players wanting to derail what is a mutually beneficial and excellent relationship.

That may be brother. But I was sincere in my question nonetheless. I will assume good faith from him until proven otherwise. If he feels aggrieved by or angry at Iran, I'd like to know why. As I mentioned to somebody else on this forum, I feel that most of our 'differences' are nothing but glorified misunderstandings.

Agreed. There are no differences... Pakistan's interests are aligned with Iran's. For example, a stable Irani Baluchistan is in our interest and vice-versa. A friendly eastern border for Iran and a friendly south-westerly border for Pakistan has been a fundamental assumption of our mutual defence and strategic thinking for 6 decades. If you know people in the Iranian armed services, some of them might tell you that we tried our best to help you with supplies and to promote peace during the Iran-Iraq war. Just as you helped us in '65.

Anyone that wants to promote negative views about Iran on the Pakistani side, is hurting Pakistan's interests. And the same goes for any Iranians who would criticize Pakistan. At the level of common citizens, we need to understand that the prosperity of one nation is truly the prosperity of the other.

This is a blast from the past, but take a look at the role US military planners thought Iran would play in a future Indo-Pak war. This appeared in the Wall Street Journal as recently as 1998.

If there is a Nuclear War Between Pakistan & India - ContactPakistan.com

I am making that statement based on the experience we had from gas pipeline project

What experience? Yes, there was some back and forth on negotiations, but how is that different to any commercial deal? At the end of the day we are going forward even without India participating. So the entire scenario worked out in Pakistan's favour.

Agreed. There are no differences... Pakistan's interests are aligned with Iran's. For example, a stable Irani Baluchistan is in our interest and vice-versa. A friendly eastern border for Iran and a friendly south-westerly border for Pakistan has been a fundamental assumption of our mutual defence and strategic thinking for 6 decades. If you know people in the Iranian armed services, some of them might tell you that we tried our best to help you with supplies and to promote peace during the Iran-Iraq war. Just as you helped us in '65.

Anyone that wants to promote negative views about Iran on the Pakistani side, is hurting Pakistan's interests. And the same goes for any Iranians who would criticize Pakistan. At the level of common citizens, we need to understand that the prosperity of one nation is truly the prosperity of the other.

This is a blast from the past, but take a look at the role US military planners thought Iran would play in a future Indo-Pak war. This appeared in the Wall Street Journal as recently as 1998.

If there is a Nuclear War Between Pakistan & India - ContactPakistan.com

Well said. And thanks for the link. If both Pakistan and Iran were to sit down and think of their own national interests in the strictest sense, they would instantly come to the conclusion that the stability, prosperity, advancement and security of the other is very much to their own benefit. If, god forbid, Pakistan or Iran would fall into disarray, war or severe hardship, does any thinking person believe the other would not be adversely affected?

To demonstrate the point, look at North America and Europe, the eminent global powers of our time. The countries of those regions all have mutual and interlocking security, trade and diplomatic agreements with one anther. They have no worries of the countries in their own neighbourhood and on their own borders, which allows them to concentrate on us. They care for each other and contribute to the others' well-being. That's why for example, in the Clinton years the US dropped $200 BILLION like pocket change, the moment it seemed like the Mexican economy might go into depression.

That's why I support projects like this one. We need to get more connected and integrated with one another.

Back
Top Bottom