What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

The newest UAV:

Shahpur UAV:
1zoeybm.jpg

u7orH.jpg

463267-app-1352466598-237-640x480.jpg

I think PAF(may be), PAA and PN should get these ones ASAP and in good numbers especially PN should buy about 15 of these and may be some other big ones like 11 Falco's too... So that they can keep 24/7 eye on the coastal belt for intruders without the need of expensive operations of MPAs...

we should cooperate with pakistan , we can improve anka uav together to make it armed and joint produce aswell and export together

TAI_Anka_A_2010_v2.jpg

Anka+UAV.jpg

DSC016051.jpg

072110dn_fia1303_flir_800.jpg

ASELFLIR_300T.jpg

Really if PAC along with NESCOM and KRL had joined in properly to develop this UAV technology along with infrastructure like Satellites than this like UAVs can play a vital role, like for PN they can buy about 21-30 of these machines instead of 10 MPAs along with 7 small ones.

Obviously they will not reveal it untill final validation and approval.

Too bad, I would have really loved to have seen it with weapons installed.

So I checked Google, and it still supposedly under testing. Any idea when it's expected to come into full production

I think PAF(may be), PAA and PN should get these ones ASAP and in good numbers especially PN should buy about 15 of these and may be some other big ones like 11 Falco's too... So that they can keep 24/7 eye on the coastal belt for intruders without the need of expensive operations of MPAs...

Really if PAC along with NESCOM and KRL had joined in properly to develop this UAV technology along with infrastructure like Satellites than this like UAVs can play a vital role, like for PN they can buy about 21-30 of these machines instead of 10 MPAs along with 7 small ones.

As long as we don't give it to the ISI, we all know what happens when intel agencies get their hands on armed drones (I'm looking at you, CIA and Mossad).

Too bad, I would have really loved to have seen it with weapons installed.

So I checked Google, and it still supposedly under testing. Any idea when it's expected to come into full production

As long as we don't give it to the ISI, we all know what happens when intel agencies get their hands on armed drones (I'm looking at you, CIA and Mossad).

CIA means US Military. Although ISI is a part of Pak Military but much better than CIA.

CIA means US Military. Although ISI is a part of Pak Military but much better than CIA.

No, the US military usually has no say in the drone strikes in Pakistan, or even the drone programs conducted even in Afghanistan. While the US military does operate armed drones, they're nowhere nearly as used as much as they are by the CIA.

The ISI is just as bad as the CIA, never trust any intel agency to tell you the truth, or at least the complete truth.

So this is interesting, I got curious and checked wikipedia on Burraq UAV, and it says that the Burraq is currently in service...

Burraq (Urdu: براق ‎) is an advanced unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) developed by a venture of PAF and the NESCOM, a civilian defence research and development organisation.[2] The name Burraq (Arabic: البُراق‎ al-Burāq "lightning") refers to a type of winged steed, described as a creature from the heavens which transported the Islamic Prophet Muhammad.

In May 2009 the Burraq UCAV was reported to be undergoing flight testing and would be armed with a new laser-guided ASM missiles and laser designator, also designed by NESCOM.[2]

As of 2012 the Burraq is believed to be in service.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESCOM_Burraq

No, the US military usually has no say in the drone strikes in Pakistan, or even the drone programs conducted even in Afghanistan. While the US military does operate armed drones, they're nowhere nearly as used as much as they are by the CIA.

The ISI is just as bad as the CIA, never trust any intel agency to tell you the truth, or at least the complete truth.

Buddy, can you explain why? ISI has some problem???

So this is interesting, I got curious and checked wikipedia on Burraq UAV, and it says that the Burraq is currently in service...

Burraq (Urdu: براق ‎) is an advanced unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) developed by a venture of PAF and the NESCOM, a civilian defence research and development organisation.[2] The name Burraq (Arabic: البُراق‎ al-Burāq "lightning") refers to a type of winged steed, described as a creature from the heavens which transported the Islamic Prophet Muhammad.

In May 2009 the Burraq UCAV was reported to be undergoing flight testing and would be armed with a new laser-guided ASM missiles and laser designator, also designed by NESCOM.[2]

As of 2012 the Burraq is believed to be in service.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESCOM_Burraq

I think its in service since 2009 with PAF, PN as well as PA.

Buddy, can you explain why? ISI has some problem???

I just don't trust any intel agency to use them morally. We've all seen what happens when you let intel agencies get a hold of armed drones, they use them for assassination missions.

I think its in service since 2009 with PAF, PN as well as PA.

Not really, it was in development in 2009, but I've searched all over the interwebz, and I can't seem to find a single reference to the Burraq being in service. The closest incident that may indicate that the Burraq was used is the two Feb 2013 air strikes that the CIA says were carried out by the PAF, with at least one of them being a drone strike.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/05/w...trikes-over-pakistan.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The problem is that Pakistan says it did not carry out any attack at all and many people are questioning Pakistan's capability to even have an armed drone. There is also the added problem that the vehicles that carried out the strikes were never named at all.

Sharp Sword

The 001 prototype of Sharp Sword UCAV is shown here taxiing at the Hongdu airfield. It was reported that 601 and Hongdu have been working on a long-range stealth UCAV similar to American X-47B and French Neuron. A scale model was publicized in September 2011 revealing an X-47B style tailless flying wing and a dorsal air intake configuration, in an effort to minimize RCS and reduce IR emission. The UCAV also features a SATCOM datalink antenna located aft the dorsal air intake. Its length is around 10m and wingspan is around 14m. As a UCAV, Sharp Sword is expected to carry at least two GPS/Beidou guided bombs inside an internal bomb bay. The first prototype was built by the end of 2012. First high speed taxiing took place on January 26, 2013, powered likely by an RD-93 turbofan engine without A/B. First flight is expected in spring 2013. However currently the engine nozzle appears to be unshielded, which leaves some room for future improvement.

- Last updated 5/14/13

should interest PAF.

From the photo, a military analyst in China said the drone's engine is apparently the RD-93 imported from Russia. This is the same engine used by JF-17 Xiaolong or Thunder multi-role fighter developed by China in partnership with Pakistan. The drone is larger than the French nEUROn, but smaller than the X-47B developed by the US.
iMbenYU.png

I doubt it is the RD33/93. If it is then they will not add the afterburner section... If uou look at the nozzles then a normal engine would take the room till the painted cockpit area...

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan, which has for much of the past decade has sought to acquire unmanned aerial vehicles (UCAV), a platform used by the US in Pakistan despite numerous protests by the government, has started export of drone parts.
On Monday, officials at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra handed over the first batch of parts created for the Turkish UAV (ANKA) to the Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI) in a ceremony held during the International Defence Exhibition and Fair (IDEF) at Istanbul, Turkey.
After the signing ceremony, President and CEO of TAI Muharrem Dortkasli expressed his satisfaction on the skill and knowledge possessed by PAC, Kamra for undertaking such assignments.
Dortkasli expressed that many more collaborations would be undertaken in the future as well.
Pakistan has been seeking access to drones and has experimented in indigenously constructing drones.

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...r2WDuPo3lQnSX_WMb8A3QSQ&bvm=bv.46471029,d.aWM

What exactly did we produce? plus does this mean we will see ANKA in service?

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan, which has for much of the past decade has sought to acquire unmanned aerial vehicles (UCAV), a platform used by the US in Pakistan despite numerous protests by the government, has started export of drone parts.
On Monday, officials at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Kamra handed over the first batch of parts created for the Turkish UAV (ANKA) to the Turkish Aerospace Industry (TAI) in a ceremony held during the International Defence Exhibition and Fair (IDEF) at Istanbul, Turkey.
After the signing ceremony, President and CEO of TAI Muharrem Dortkasli expressed his satisfaction on the skill and knowledge possessed by PAC, Kamra for undertaking such assignments.
Dortkasli expressed that many more collaborations would be undertaken in the future as well.
Pakistan has been seeking access to drones and has experimented in indigenously constructing drones.

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...r2WDuPo3lQnSX_WMb8A3QSQ&bvm=bv.46471029,d.aWM

What exactly did we produce? plus does this mean we will see ANKA in service?

That's good news for Pakistan, more business means more money and better economy. Plus, this could give Pakistan invaluable experience to build better drones. Is there news about the armed version of the Anka?

From the photo, a military analyst in China said the drone's engine is apparently the RD-93 imported from Russia. This is the same engine used by JF-17 Xiaolong or Thunder multi-role fighter developed by China in partnership with Pakistan. The drone is larger than the French nEUROn, but smaller than the X-47B developed by the US.
iMbenYU.png

I can't say for sure but may be PAC is doing JV on some UCAVs with China.... other than a 5th Generation.....

Back
Top Bottom