What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

PAF Falco XN UAV at an undisclosed location ready for startup. Falco XN is one of the best UAV in MAME category and know as "Airspace Violator" for its notorious activities inside hostile airspace. The adversary was never able to intercept it despite multiple attempts.
FnWNGtlakAImq-V

Akinci once inducted in PAF, will be the first multirole UCAV in region. Apart from traditional ground strikes, Its will also perform air defence missions with its AESA radar and air to air missile. Turkiye also recently shared the data about its versatile data link capability.
FnobLFDakAEgI-c

Organized under a unified Tactical UAV Wing - The UCAV force of PAF is a force to reckon with. What PAF never had before was extended station time over battlefield. This capability means terrorists will be in deep trouble once unmanned warriors come into action!
Fn-PF7yaMAAGicw

Today first time Pak army used US predator on Lal Masjid. Which is surprise that Pakistan has this world most advance UAV. Anyone has further info about this UAV in Pak army ?how many? and when Pak got these UAV
Wrong info

Organized under a unified Tactical UAV Wing - The UCAV force of PAF is a force to reckon with. What PAF never had before was extended station time over battlefield. This capability means terrorists will be in deep trouble once unmanned warriors come into action!
Fn-PF7yaMAAGicw
I thought Abad (Falco) was 1(UAV)flight, is that now 61sq?
And if I read this image correctly:
62sq Shahpar
63sq Wing Loong
64sq Bayraktar TB2
65sq Bayraktar Akinci (still on order)

I thought Abad (Falco) was 1(UAV)flight, is that now 61sq?
And if I read this image correctly:
62sq Shahpar
63sq Wing Loong
64sq Bayraktar TB2
65sq Bayraktar Akinci (still on order)
* Shahpar 2 not 1. Shahpar 1 is in service with PAA. And Wing loong 2 not 1. Wing loong 1 are operated by MoI or someone.

notable features of the Shahpar system include its autonomous take-off and landing system, a robust autopilot scheme, user friendly & a comprehensive mission planning & management software suite, reliable data links and the capability of integrating various types of EO payloads.
FpUrHwsacAEG8PX

:agree:

Something to think about:
Shahpar-I is powered by a 100hp Rotax 912 according to official specifications:
View attachment 797787
and a look at the aircraft's rear shows the engine taking up all of the space:
View attachment 797788

Now compare this to the rear end of Shahpar-II:
View attachment 797789
Shahpar-II is certainly much bigger, as we've already established, but look at how small the propeller cone looks relative to the airframe. Yes, the propeller disk is larger than Shahpar-I but you can see a lot of empty space in there. Furthermore, the airscoop is pretty large with an exhaust at the back. What I strongly suspect is that CURRENTLY Shahpar-II is being powered by the Rotax 912 from the Shahpar-I and that it has been designed with a larger engine in mind. This is speculation.

Furthermore, based on PAC's MALE's internal view here:
View attachment 797797
there is a section clearly designed for SATCOM but it is currently NOT installed. I believe the same is true for Shahpar-II. It is safe to assume that our SATCOM capability is not online yet. Therefore, Shahpar-II's (speculated) 100 hp engine isn't powering a SATCOM dish - and it probably can't. Yet another reason that I believe that Shahpar-II has been designed with a larger engine in mind.

Now the length and wingspan of this UAV is quite similar to TB-2. Furthermore, TB-2 is also powered by a 100hp engine, so it makes a natural comparison. Some specifications stick out:
Length - Wingspan [m]Engine Power [bhp]Payload [kg]Endurance

[TH]MTOW [kg][/TH]

[TR]
[TD]Shahpar-II[/TD]
[TD]6.2 - 9 to 12[/TD]
[TD]100[/TD]
[TD]120 + 50[/TD]
[TD]14 (unarmed variant for best case)[/TD]
[TD]850[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bayraktar TB2[/TD]
[TD]6.5 - 12[/TD]
[TD]100[/TD]
[TD]150[/TD]
[TD]27 (probably in clean configuration)[/TD]
[TD]650[/TD]
[/TR]

The airframes are similar in size but Shahpar-II is a good 200 kg heavier and has HALF the endurance. You could put this out to very primitive airframe design but I doubt that that is the case here. I know that pretty advanced/contemporary techniques are used for Shahpar-II. What is more likely is that Shahpar-II is currently flying with an undersized (for it) engine.

All of this would explain:
1. Why Shahpar-II has such a low endurance - it has to operate near or at maximum setting throttle, making it fuel inefficient.
2. Why Shahpar-II has a high MTOW - for reason 1 it has to carry more fuel to achieve a half-decent endurance

The fact that 50 kg internal payload is listed for Shahpar-II is also interesting. Part of this might be used for the future SATCOM installation.

So don't be shocked if in a couple of years we see a Shahpar-IIA or Shahpar-III that is a reengined Shahpar-II with an actual SATCOM. This isn't any insider info - just an educated guess on my part :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom