What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

A NOTAM was given today for the first flight of Bayraktar KIZILELMA
1670442304018.png

Frankly, i think Pakistan is operating too many different types of UCAV.

Burraq (which I will wager is not in production any longer)
Shahpar II
WL-2
TB-2
Akinci

With Shahpar II and WL-2, i really dont see why the PAF bought TB-2. Unless it is dissatisfied with Shahpar and WL-2, in which case, why get them? Especially if TB-2 is going to be locally built. The PAF, PN, and PA should be directed to streamline their acquisitions and the armed forces should try to operate 2 main types of UAV.

For MALE role, either TB-2, shahpar 2 or WL-2. Multiple redundant platforms lead to logistical problems and more cost. If you are going for TB-2, integrate some local weapons like Barq/AR-1.

For HALE, Akinci.

The tech and advancements in manufacturing are turning out pretty much every 3 years some even 100 improvement on previous version. But I agree, standardization is needed. For example. Shahpar or WL or Buraq didn't carry the payload with sensors that was considered ideal for combat. But they were acquired as when they were built, that was the standard.

However, Wing Long II upgrades and TB-II added more munitions (plus TB2 hype) and it was available to naturally the PAF bought it. WL might've become Army's choice not sure.

But from now on, we should use optimal solutions by acquiring Akinci and KizilElma for Sea, Land, Air. These can carry advance AESA, can be used for AEW and CAP as these can fire BVR's so perfect for line 1 of air defense available 24 hours 7 days a week, backed by the J-10C or F-16's or JFT's. These carry SOM's and other munitions, so perfect for naval and land attack roles, for a fraction of the cost of operating fighter jets.

If I was in PAF planning, I'd have standardized: Tier I (Combat duty + AEW + ISR + Maritime) Akinci + KizilElma, and Tier II Land Attack: TB-II and WL-II, Tier III (ISR + Limited Combat for COIN, etc) WL-II / Burraq / Shah Par

The Kizilelma will pose a significant threat to the Indian S400's with their stealth profiles and associated standoff weapons. This particular UCAV will worry the Indians ALOT ... and the turks will be able to perfectly tune the Kizilelma against their own S400's for Pakistan requirements ....

Indian S400's - be afraid - be very afraid !!!!!

UAVs are not primary weapons but force multipliers! If integrated well with main air element, they can wreak havoc. Nagorno-Karabakh War remains an example However, Indians always lacked in their understanding & employment of force multipliers. Feb 2019 remains one such example.
1670873805030.png

Guys, if anyone can download and upload this video.

For private sector, this is just amazing.

Couldn't believe we have such potential in private sector and that also on such low level. If these guys get proper support and resources, they can make very good drones. With such much applications from surveillance to kamikaze drones, not only can give to Pak Army but great export potential.

Guys, if anyone can download and upload this video.

For private sector, this is just amazing.

Couldn't believe we have such potential in private sector and that also on such low level. If these guys get proper support and resources, they can make very good drones. With such much applications from surveillance to kamikaze drones, not only can give to Pak Army but great export potential.

Yea no. Have u seen the IDEAS Images thread, its filled with vtol drones by private sector companies apart from this one.

Yea no. Have u seen the IDEAS Images thread, its filled with vtol drones by private sector companies apart from this one.

How many had drones flying videos or internal factory pics or videos shared ??

Having just models and working mode drone are different things.

My point was that we have a video showing drones in action, their manufacturing process, softwares etc being showcased.

Frankly, i think Pakistan is operating too many different types of UCAV.

Burraq (which I will wager is not in production any longer)
Shahpar II
WL-2
TB-2
Akinci

With Shahpar II and WL-2, i really dont see why the PAF bought TB-2. Unless it is dissatisfied with Shahpar and WL-2, in which case, why get them? Especially if TB-2 is going to be locally built. The PAF, PN, and PA should be directed to streamline their acquisitions and the armed forces should try to operate 2 main types of UAV.

For MALE role, either TB-2, shahpar 2 or WL-2. Multiple redundant platforms lead to logistical problems and more cost. If you are going for TB-2, integrate some local weapons like Barq/AR-1.

For HALE, Akinci.
Different services have different requirements.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom