What's new

Pakistan’s nuke, missile installations, safe from any strike

VisionHawk

Reaction score
Pakistan’s nuke, missile installations, safe from any strike: President

Monday, 25 December 2006
KARACHI, Dec 25 (APP): President General Pervez Musharraf said Sunday evening that Pakistan’s nuclear and missile installations were safe enough to withstand any nuclear strike.“I want to declare that the security and safety of our nuclear and missile power is so much that if God forbid, there is a nuclear attack on Pakistan, this would not be affected”.
He was speaking at PTV show Rahbar-e-Taraqqi-o-Kamal on the occasion of 130th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah at his mausoleum here.

He said Pakistan was a nuclear and missile power.”We have tested the accuracy and capability of every missile,” he added.
Referring to conventional power, the President said Pakistan’s defence was increasing in comparison to the external threat. It will continue to rise, he added.
“I am confident that the country does not face any external threat. Pakistan’s Armed Forces and the Nation were fully capable of facing any such external threat,” the President said.
President Musharraf said: “I am saying with authority that our defence power is increasing in comparison to the external threat to the country. Inshaallah, it will continue to increase”.
However, he said that some internal threats and elements were out to harm the country. “We have to face these internal threats”, he added.
He vowed that Pakistani Armed Forces and the nation will face with full strength those elements whether Al-Qaeda, militant Taliban or any element in Balochistan and defeat them. “No one will be allowed to challenge the writ of the government”, he added.
Referring to the economic revival, the President declared that the singular achievement of his government during the past seven years was the “turn-around of the economy” which was in a very bad shape when he assumed power in 1999.
“Our singular and biggest success during the past seven years is the turn-around of Pakistan’s economy”, he said. During this period Pakistan, which was earlier termed a failed state, instead has proceeded far ahead.
In this respect, he lauded the contribution of Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz who had also served as the finance minister in the government of President Musharraf.
He said the GDP growth, per capita income and exports of Pakistan have doubled during this period. Direct foreign investment, tax collection, remittances and development expenditure have increased manifold, the President said.
President Musharraf said new dams, canals, roads, airports, brick-lining of canals, Gawadar Port have been completed.
He said in the next two years more such mega projects will come to the ground.
“In Karachi alone, one dozen fly-overs and underpasses were under construction and I am going to inaugurate a signal-free thoroughfare, providing non-stop travel from SITE to Karachi Airport next month,” President Musharraf said.
Commenting on the face-lift of the Quaid’s Mausoleum and construction of a beautiful garden, the President said he had pledged to convert this national monument into a splendid place and to beautify its exterior.
President Pervez Musharraf said Pakistan Army has, in a few months time and with a less amount of money, transformed the mausoleum premises into a beautiful garden which is visited by thousands of people to pay homage to the Father of the Nation.
He also lauded Federal Information Minister Senator Muhammad Ali Durrani, Secretary Information Shahid Rafi and Pakistan Television for coming up with such a fine programme today to pay homage to the Father of the Nation.
“Now we should think of how to carry forward the vision and the mission of the Quaid-e-Azam”, he said. His government has tried to carry forward the vision and the mission to make the country stronger and prosperous, the President said.
Paying rich tributes to the Quaid-e-Azam, President General Pervez Musharraf said he and his government were following the guidelines from the vision of Muhammad Ali Jinnah. The most important among them is honesty and integrity, logic and reasoning, clear thinking, steadfastness, no compromise on principles, dignity and honour at all cost, setting personal examples in whatever he did and moderation and enlightenment.
“Every Pakistani should emulate these guidelines”, he added.
The President also talked about the empowerment of people, women, minorities, opposition and parliamentarians, media and judiciary and said this goes to the credit of the present government.
He said the government has prepared a comprehensive programme to promote primary, secondary, higher and technical education to bring about maximum economic benefits.
President Pervez Musharraf said the government was trying to open up and modernise the society and broaden the vision of the people of Pakistan.
Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, First Lady Begum Sehba Musharraf, PML President Chaudhry Shujaat Husain, President Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Raja Zulqarnain, federal ministers including Information Minister Senator Muhammad Ali Durrani, Shipping Minister Babar Khan Ghauri, Sindh Governor Dr. Ishrat-ul- Ebad Khan, Sindh Chief Minister Dr. Arbab Ghulam Rahim, Punjab Governor Lt. Gen.
(Retd) Khalid Maqbool, Punjab Chief Minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Illahi, provincial ministers besides enthusiastic school and college students and people from all walks of life were also present on the occasion.

I wonder what kind of protection do we have against the nuclear strikes, and what kind of defence systems are being used to protect the nuclear installations.

I wonder what kind of protection do we have against the nuclear strikes, and what kind of defence systems are being used to protect the nuclear installations

The protection of pakistani nukes is under the responsibility of Pakistan airdefence batteries which are spread throughout Kashmir and Northern Punjab these batteries maintain several sam(surface to air missle) sites ,these missles are mostly locally produced or,are being acquired from china or usa.These batteries consists of different airdefence units e.g 104 IR Sam Muhammadans,the unit responsible for drowning two indian migs in Kargil.Furthermore PAF also plays a key role in the defence of the nuclear sites.:flag:

Dont think so. Wouldn't work.

Well it would prevent non-nuclear attack. The only other way would be mobile launchers. The best way is for them not to tell anyone where they are and how they are protected......:lol:

Actually the best person to ask would be OoE as he was involved in that stuff (I believe)

Musharraf has been given a reality check about the capability of Indian aircrafts i believe, and that is why now he plans to buy high-altitude SAM systems with transfer of technology!

Musharraf has been given a reality check about the capability of Indian aircrafts i believe, and that is why now he plans to buy high-altitude SAM systems with transfer of technology!

Naaaah I doubt that...(High Altitude and precision don't go arm in arm) I believe that PAK just had weakness in the area that they are addressing.

The article mentioned that the security facilities including major cities are needed to be covered to take out long range aircrafts, ie. Mig-29, Su-30, etc..

True though, that is just an assumption.

The article mentioned that the security facilities including major cities are needed to be covered to take out long range aircrafts, ie. Mig-29, Su-30, etc..

True though, that is just an assumption.

I had a look at most of the available Chinese systems out there but I am curious as to which other ones they are looking at.

Back
Top Bottom