What's new

Pakistani Ambassador to USA Sherry Rehman to be charged with Blasphemy

This law has no place in a civilized society but again Pakistani society is far from civilized. Instead of justifying their violent reactions why not educate them and make them more tolerant? Why not punish these violent reactions? This law only protects Islam, why does it not protect other religions? I've seen how other Muslims abuse certain religions and their gods.
And lol you think Rimsha is protected from this law? She and her family went through hell and currently are living in a undisclosed location to hide from violent and intolerant Muslims. Rimsha would still have a normal life had this barbaric law not have existed and Pakistani society was more tolerant and not extremist.
Nobody is denying that we should educate our people about inter-religion harmony and respect.
But as of west is far more civilized and modern why there people dont stop talk about our Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) and Quran.
If this so called "barbaric law" had not existed then no law could have involved in the situation and people would have decided they fate of rimsha(and you know what the decision would have been). This law was present that's why an inquiry went on which proved rimsha innocent.
Many people say this law has been used by religious parties in the past(I agree) but the reason for that was our courts were not independent at that time but now the situation is not the same,which resulted in an independent inquiry and saved rimsha's life

What about the Mexican land you...I could say the same about the stuff I hear about ISI daily. Frankly I am willing to admit ISI is an issue-will you admit genocide against Japan?
Harping on America's history doesn't help Pakistan's present reality, does it?

I don't understand how your media can paint ISI as the enemy without saying how the CIA has been the real issue in the Afghan-Soviet war which we couldn't hope to win without US support.
The U.S. provided money and materiel that Zia and the ISI directed. Is the bank responsible when the company it loans to has officers who embezzle funds, or is it one of the victims in the affair?

The key decision-makers weren't American but Pakistani. That includes the final push to eliminate the Soviet-sponsored regime after the Russian withdrawal; Zia did that over American objections. But that didn't stop him and his successors from portraying it otherwise, did it?

You do not know me yet. I am one of the biggest critics of Pakistani policy and a lot of Pakistanis hate me for it.
How can you learn history correctly when you have a society and government that deletes textbooks, movies, and news when they fail to make Pakistanis and Pakistan look good? You might think otherwise, but what remains is just a fingernail of the truth.

But I believe refusing to take responsibility for the world they see today, seeing the world as a personal property and believing they are morally entitled to tell the world what it should or should not do are qualities of your nation?
Pakistan asks Americans for "help". Help isn't just money but advice and education. Pakistanis want money but not the rest that goes with it. I'd be perfectly happy to cut off Pakistan entirely and see the Pakistani government start trying to collect taxes instead.

You remind me of these old battery operated power ranger toys I used to have. You turned on the switch and one of them would say "We are the power rangers. We fight all evil".
Thank you.

The thing is no one knows what that pathetic power ranger actually considers evil. Is it anyone who says a word against him? In that case he is a tyrant.
I have emphasized the need for Pakistanis to work on establishing a common set of values that everybody can live with, if only so you guys can stop blowing each other up.

I doubt you will ever learn. Till you have might it will make you right...
That's the Taliban philosophy. You're projecting.

In either case if we have to pay the price with a Taliban government in Afghanistan much more hostile than the one before for our role in murdering them I believe then again the blame will be on you.
Exactly. Pakistanis officials always seek to reach such a conclusion because then they can rob the country blind, blaming the Americans for all ills.

Stop being a child. Me and my family don't own oil businesses like the Wahabi Saudi Sheikhs you bribe. No one should be nuked. But many Americans have an average mindset of a psychopathic murderer. This is why Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuked.
The Pakistani way of writing history is to make assertions and block out, if possible, uncomfortable interpretations and facts. This is a cultural problem even the "liberals" have. Reading B. Bhutto's memoir and comparing it with reality as best as I could discover it, I've concluded that when liberal act this way it can be nearly as destructive as the religious or national extremists doing so.

I remember something from manufacturing dissent I could post here but you are a robot of the US doing whatever you are told.
You're not going to find anybody in the U.S. gov't - or even the media - willing to assert that Pakistan is in violation of international law in N. Wazirstan because it lets terrorists hang out there. I'm the only one doing that. And when I write to congressmen and cabinet members I only receive silence in return; if I was wrong I surely would have received a letter explaining so. That's probably why Pakistan is excluded from the targeting guidelines list: successive Administrations have protected the top ranks of the Pak gov't from embarrassment and prosecution for decades and currently see no reason to change.

There are other examples, of course, but remember: calling somebody a robot doesn't make him one. Pakistanis continually mix up the difference between what something is and what it is called. This only makes your situation worse.

No that was due to clash with Rehman malik, he threatened her... that is why she resigned from ministry.
I think I've been confusing Rehman with Khar. I should get stuff straight before I make such comments again, thanks.

Harping on America's history doesn't help Pakistan's present reality, does it?

Harping on ISI support to mujahideen which was done through your funding and about fundamentalist blasphemy laws won't change anything will it? You have already played a role in polarizing society. A Wahabi mullah would like to kill me just as much as an American thug like you.

Would harping on ISI help you? Simple question. Or is it going to turn an ally into a potential enemy... something you excel at.

The U.S. provided money and materiel that Zia and the ISI directed. Is the bank responsible when the company it loans to has officers who embezzle funds, or is it one of the victims in the affair?

The bank is indeed responsible if it did not do background checks. You needed a lip service to tell you Zia was an Islamist who had imposed Islamic law and television sets were being smashed in his time? Lollywood too started showing J-ihadi movies. Only a fool could not have known what he was doing.

The question is why the hell did you have no problem with this then and are now against the Khomeini's which have a similar regime in neighbouring Iran. Why do you have an issue with Mullahs all of a sudden. When they were fighting against the Soviets they were assets when they are against the USA they are enemies. Amazing logic.

The key decision-makers weren't American but Pakistani.

You know when people tell me they hate USA I understand why. You do not care. You are trigger-happy murderers proud of your murderous history. The blasphemy law exists only and only because Zia was a child who sat on your lap and sipped milk from your dirty breast.

That includes the final push to eliminate the Soviet-sponsored regime after the Russian withdrawal; Zia did that over American objections. But that didn't stop him and his successors from portraying it otherwise, did it?

Can you give me one good reason for ignoring the Afghans for 20 years while Hekmatyar was launching rockets and Afghanistan was a broken hollow husk, a war-torn nation everyone sought to escape. Somehow you woke up only when your towers were blown.

How can you learn history correctly when you have a society and government that deletes textbooks, movies, and news when they fail to make Pakistanis and Pakistan look good? You might think otherwise, but what remains is just a fingernail of the truth.

How can you when you have fox news and people like you to tell them the rubbish you call history. I wonder if anyone has the courage to make a movie called "the innocence of America"...

I just gave you a source, an American's own words.

Pakistan asks Americans for "help". Help isn't just money but advice and education. Pakistanis want money but not the rest that goes with it. I'd be perfectly happy to cut off Pakistan entirely and see the Pakistani government start trying to collect taxes instead.

Help is education, aid and support. But does it cover the $80 Billion loss in the war on terror? We should be fighting it but your role compounds matters. I don't remember the arrests of people before 9/11 involved in terror incidents sparking bombings and murders that just wouldn't end. So where are our $80 billion in aid. You provided just $10 Billion.

It won't happen if you keep propping up useless governments and supporting dictators.

I have emphasized the need for Pakistanis to work on establishing a common set of values that everybody can live with, if only so you guys can stop blowing each other up.

With the divisions you left in society there was nothing left for the Pakistanis to do . If you didn't notice the Taliban and terrorists that formed them had years to fanaticize the local population. At that time Iranians and Pakistanis were being shoved in containers and suffocated, women were stoned, men were beheaded. You didn't wake up them. I believe you wanted them to be blowing things up. USA is the father of suicide bombing. Congratulations.

That's the Taliban philosophy. You're projecting.

The Taliban is a puny terrorist group. It has no might. It thrives on desperation, hunger, lack of resources and no hope in the future. Put them together and you get the Taliban. When Afghanistan was used as a battlefield and ruined just to see a Soviet defeat the opportunities in Afghanistan and to an extent even Pakistans tribal areas faded. Terrorists you once sponsored filled the vacuum. You didn't wake up then when Afghans were being killed. Remember these guys:

ReaganwithTaliban.jpg

Why are they sitting with your President? So this is what you do? Shift blame to Pakistan eh, a country which can barely defend itself with its pathetic newly born media. Fun times for terror country.

Btw how is secularism Taliban philosophy. Might is right is the philosophy of a nation that has been involved in genocide since its very inception. That is your country.

Exactly. Pakistanis officials always seek to reach such a conclusion because then they can rob the country blind, blaming the Americans for all ills.

You are a baby. I can tell you almost each one of the guys thinks the same. A guy living in US even told me we are afraid of the Americans. I was shocked. I asked why? He was like you can't say anything to them. They won't leave you. I am not afraid of exposing terror country.

Pakistani officials are sitting in your lap out of fear. lol. You are ruling by fear.

The Pakistani way of writing history is to make assertions and block out, if possible, uncomfortable interpretations and facts. This is a cultural problem even the "liberals" have.

Please abandon this self-righteousness. You have no right after the crimes you have committed across the world. The cultural problem is that we are saying a word against your country?

Reading B. Bhutto's memoir and comparing it with reality as best as I could discover it, I've concluded that when liberal act this way it can be nearly as destructive as the religious or national extremists doing so.

Act what way? Is it so strange to hear from a person from the other side of the globe? Why don't you send a predator? :lol:
Or is it that you only want Americans to speak and everyone elses lips to be sewed shut. Basically your support to dictators in Congo, Zia Ul Haq and many others shows this actually proving your commitment to democracy is a cannard.

You're not going to find anybody in the U.S. gov't - or even the media - willing to assert that Pakistan is in violation of international law in N. Wazirstan because it lets terrorists hang out there.

Panetta? Heard of that pathetic warmonger from a jungle... only thing is he has been given a uniform, glasses and looks set.

He said this:
The US is “reaching the limits of our patience” with Pakistan about the havens enjoyed by terrorist groups, said Leon Panetta

Next in line is Neo-con of PDF Solomon.

I'm the only one doing that. And when I write to congressmen and cabinet members I only receive silence in return; if I was wrong I surely would have received a letter explaining so. That's probably why Pakistan is excluded from the targeting guidelines list: successive Administrations have protected the top ranks of the Pak gov't from embarrassment and prosecution for decades and currently see no reason to change.

Stop blaming others for your mistakes. Fazulullah is sitting right on your pathetic American lap in Kunar, Ataullah escaped to Afghanistan, 52% of that nation is controlled by Taliban and you are telling us about North Waziristan? We won't go there. What can you do? Nothing.

The best thing is to say no to an American. Iran said it and it sounded like the best thing to my ears. Our country has always been loyal to you. Even the Taliban terrorists were loyal to you and the mujahideen groups operated with your support. You abandoned them in the end. Every one is to be used and eventually abandoned like a tissue paper.

Be clear that there is no sense in going to N.Waziristan when TTP hasn't been broken yet with its main havens in South Waziristan. Only 1 area Sararogha is under our control. Our target is not the Afghan taliban until we deal with our enemies.

There are other examples, of course, but remember: calling somebody a robot doesn't make him one. Pakistanis continually mix up the difference between what something is and what it is called. This only makes your situation worse.

The situation is made worse by people who have no understanding of the world. If you tried to understand Pakistan, cultivated historic ties with it without mistreating it throughout history this war would have been much, much more easier. But you blew it. It is my sincere hope that I see a day when I don't have to hear your nations name.

A wise man said this.
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
Pope Julius III
Italian pope 1550-1555 (1487 - 1555)

And ruling you are with with 700+ bases worldwide. In almost every nation are American troops. None of the nations want you there or the deals are secret without the public being taken into confidence.

Harping on ISI support to mujahideen which was done through your funding and about fundamentalist blasphemy laws won't change anything will it? You have already played a role in polarizing society. A Wahabi mullah would like to kill me just as much as an American thug like you.
Of course it will help you to choose sides if you can see clearly what happened and why; then you'll better appreciate what's at stake and your best chance to preserve your freedom and survival.

Would harping on ISI help you? Simple question. Or is it going to turn an ally into a potential enemy... something you excel at.
We Americans have learned Pakistan is "the ally from hell". Pakistan as a "potential enemy" might be an improvement!

Why do you have an issue with Mullahs all of a sudden. When they were fighting against the Soviets they were assets -
Man, you gotta get your facts straight, then worry about interpretations. You're destroying your own credibility the more you talk.

No surprises!! Just another lunatic act on just another day in the real Paradise!!

Of course it will help you to choose sides if you can see clearly what happened and why; then you'll better appreciate what's at stake and your best chance to preserve your freedom and survival.

We Americans have learned Pakistan is "the ally from hell". Pakistan as a "potential enemy" might be an improvement!

Man, you gotta get your facts straight, then worry about interpretations. You're destroying your own credibility the more you talk.

Thanks for ignoring 9/10th of the post and the uncomfortable questions posed in the post. I agree. Pakistan should learn too that US has always maltreated Pakistan. Time to quit this relationship once and for all. There are better options out there. Maybe we could dangle some nukes in front of Iran's nose... hmmm what if we ally with them? At least they stand up against US hegemony despite the flaws of their system. America cannot afford to lose Pakistan-at least not now. ;)

Thanks for ignoring 9/10th of the post -
When you can demonstrate that you are actually learned I'll be happy to read further. I do attach some value to my time, you see. So quit writing, apply yourself and return when you can make a better showing and maybe I'll be there, O.K.?

Courts can tell, definitively.

Btw, IF the courts strike down this petition that will set a precedent about openly debating to remove Blasphemy laws, without risk of prosecution.

The real problem is not legal prosecution - but death threats from many sections of Pakistani society - on those who wish to debate and take a stand to remove the Blasphemy laws.

And there is a major major precedent set here - death of Taseer, if a man as big as him can be killed and his killers showered with rose petals - then there is no hope for any ordinary man who wants to say that blasphemy laws need to be removed.

Did we abuse them? have you seen majority of us calling your gods dirty names and portraying them in abusive manner?

Pakistani's abuse other religions and their gods a dime a dozen.

If you believe that this law is necessary, then it should give cover to ALL faiths, not just Islam.

Reading news like this i feel all kinds of religion should be banned for good .

The real problem is not legal prosecution - but death threats from many sections of Pakistani society - on those who wish to debate and take a stand to remove the Blasphemy laws.

And there is a major major precedent set here - death of Taseer, if a man as big as him can be killed and his killers showered with rose petals - then there is no hope for any ordinary man who wants to say that blasphemy laws need to be removed.

He is in jail and standing trial for the crime.

Back
Top Bottom