What's new

Pakistani-American Convicted For Exporting Computer Hardware to Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission

Heroic acts in violation of US Law....? Since which law permits or rectify espionage ?
one country's convicted criminal is other country's hero. I can give quite a few examples, starting from US :D

As I said at the beginning of this thread, let Pakistan celebrate him and his heroic acts in violation of US law, and as long they are cognizant of the potential fallout, there is no problem but for Pakistan's already battered image. A reasonable trade-off, it seems.
American justice system is a joke. Just ask Assange or Snowden.

Of course. Syed Sahib will be laughing at that joke for a few years, I am sure. :D

As I said at the beginning of this thread, let Pakistan celebrate him and his heroic acts in violation of US law, and as long they are cognizant of the potential fallout, there is no problem but for Pakistan's already battered image. A reasonable trade-off, it seems.
You are just repeating your words and saying nothing new...you are dreading us from the potential fall out as if US has never stolen anything from Pakistan or if she has never spied on Pak.:bunny:

Of course. Syed Sahib will be laughing at that joke for a few years, I am sure. :D

Guess what? We don't give a damn............. 8-) ...........:azn:

You are just repeating your words and saying nothing new...you are dreading us from the potential fall out as if US has never stolen anything from Pakistan or if she has never spied on Pak.:bunny:

I guess you are right, in that Pakistan's record for non-proliferation is already tarnished thanks to another national hero, so this episode is nothing new on top of that.
Guess what? We don't give a damn.

Guess what? Syed Sahib had to give a damn by pleading guilty. It is easy not to give a damn about others, obviously. :D

Last edited:
I guess you are right, in that Pakistan's record for non-proliferation is already tarnished thanks to another national hero, so this episode is nothing new on top of that.
You are still harping on the same string...That National Hero remained national hero until he sold things to Iran...I wonder how you co-relate the two.

Pakistani-American Convicted For Exporting Computer Hardware to Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission

cloud-computer-illustration-e1615276483112.jpg

A Pakistani-American man has pleaded guilty to criminal charges in the District Court for the Northern District of Illinois after he confessed to illegally exporting sensitive computer hardware from the US to a top Pakistani nuclear research organization.

He pleaded guilty to conspiring to export goods from the US without obtaining a license from the Department of Commerce and to submit false export information. The conviction is punishable by a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison and a maximum fine of $250,000.

According to details, 66-year old Obaidullah Syed, resident of Northbrook, supplied high-performance computing platforms and servers to Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) between 2006 and 2015.
He also lied to the US manufacturers that the computer hardware being exported from the US was only intended for Pakistani educational institutions. However, in reality, he knew that the end-user of the hardware would be either the PAEC or a research institute that trained its scientists and engineers.
Since Obaidullah misinformed them, the US manufacturers submitted export documents to the Commerce Department which showed false end-users for the US-made goods.
Obaidullah had owned two companies: Pakistan-based Business System International Pvt. Ltd. and Chicago-based Business System International USA.

He conspired with his employees in Pakistan to first export computer hardware from the US without the permission of the Department of Commerce in violation of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act and then supply it to the PAEC.
For the unaware, PAEC is a government agency responsible for research and development of nuclear power, promotion of nuclear science, energy conservation, and the peaceful usage of nuclear technology.
Long before Obaidullah exported hardware and software to the PAEC, the US had already designated it as an entity that may pose an unusual or extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, or economy of the country.

What do we expected from America endia & israel they always false reporting & self created propoganda against Muslim world & Pakistan & they always called Muslims terrorist But they are real terrorists in whole world...

You are still harping on the same string...That National Hero remained national hero until he sold things to Iran...I wonder how you co-relate the two.

Let's see, for both: Hero for the atomic program. Stole banned technology. Transferred to Pakistan. Benefited financially. Paid the price. No correlation? Absolutely not! :D

(Spots of the leopard and all that, you know.)

Hero for the atomic program. Stole banned technology. Transferred to Pakistan. Benefited financially. Paid the price.
no correlation with AQ khan at all. if that tech was not meant for him, he shouldnt have been employed by urenco. transferred to Pakistan? yes. that is how tech transfer works. benefitted financially? no, he left lucrative job and career for pakistan. paid the price? yes. even if he was involved in proliferation, since pakistan isnt a signatory of npt, it was perfectly legal. also, there is no way he did it all alone.

you are nothing more than a troll, overly inspired by the west, and may eb even suffering from inferiority complex, so anyone who the west thinks is bad, automatically becomes bad for you as well.

The issue does not seems to be with Computer Parts but rather a case of not obtaining a license. By the way, how easily those parts are available in US Market so not much of a case of threat.

no correlation with AQ khan at all. if that tech was not meant for him, he shouldnt have been employed by urenco. transferred to Pakistan? yes. that is how tech transfer works. benefitted financially? no, he left lucrative job and career for pakistan. paid the price? yes. even if he was involved in proliferation, since pakistan isnt a signatory of npt, it was perfectly legal. also, there is no way he did it all alone.

If it was perfectly legal, why did the national hero end up in house arrest? And if he did not do it alone, obviously there are other abettors who were let off scot free. As you say, that is how it works. That is fine, as long as we remain aware that how this works also has its own price to pay. No wonder Indians are able to capitalize on such matters to damage Pakistan's reputation where it counts.

And there is no trolling in saying the blunt truth, as above.
The issue does not seems to be with Computer Parts but rather a case of not obtaining a license. By the way, how easily those parts are available in US Market so not much of a case of threat.

That is probably correct. Paperwork is important, and his lapses landed him in trouble. That is all.

Let's see, for both: Hero for the atomic program. Stole banned technology. Transferred to Pakistan. Benefited financially. Paid the price. No correlation? Absolutely not! :D

(Spots of the leopard and all that, you know.)
Countless US individuals break laws EVERY DAY & EVERYWHERE in the world on behalf of US government. Nobody in the US from their president downwards cares about any law anywhere in the world. They treat everybody else's laws like shit, including those of international bodies like UN etc. So kindly stop your bak bak about bloody "US LAWS".

Also, this is small time stuff so also kindly stop your "non-proliferation fallout" non-sense. There was nothing remotely realted to nuclear being proliferated here. It was simple computer hardware, nothing sensitive.

Last edited:
Countless US individuals break laws EVERY DAY & EVERYWHERE in the world on behalf of US government. Nobody in the US from their president downwards cares about any law anywhere in the world. So kindly stop your bak bak about bloody "US LAWS".

What a pity, then, that Syed Sahib himself did not give your speech to the judge, but chose to plead guilty to the charges instead. Maybe he knows something you and I do not?

What a pity, then, that Syed Sahib himself did not give your speech to the judge, but chose to plead guilty to the charges instead. Maybe he knows something you and I do not?
No i think he only knew what I also know. That it is useless to consider laws and justice when you are dealing with US. They and their courts do not believe in such things. Only thing you can do is avoid getting caught. Laws don't matter in the US.

And don't use words like "you and I" don't know. I do know, only YOU don't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom