What's new

Pakistani and Malaysian economies compared, Why is Malaysia doing better, lol?

I see your point but the Kashmir/Natuna comparison does not really work since Kashmir is the source of all of Pakistans major rivers. As an agricultural economy, whoever controls Kashmir controls Pakistan. Natuna simply does not carry the same weight for Malaysia.

Having said that I agree that the Kashmir issue has severly burdened the Pakistani economy indirectly. It's preeminence in the public psyche meant that the people were willing to tolerate abuses of power by the military establishment. A strong military it was claimed would ensure the long term safety of Pakistan. The uneven distribution of wealth and the generals being given a free hand to do whatever they willed without any accountability has led Pakistan to its current fate.

I dont talk about Natuna Islands only, those region all of them belong to Indonesia, land and sea as it is based on UNCLOS as archipelago country. The areas divide Peninsula Malaysia and Malaysian part of Burneo Island (Sabah and Sarawak).

Land and Sea inside the blue line is Indonesian territory, as archipelago country we are different. That is huge as there are Natuna Islands pretty big, fishing area, oil and gas. One of the reason SCS is highly disputed is also due to its fishing and oil and gas potency.

1698878107008.jpeg

Last edited:
Seriously are you really thinking ? or just rambling :enjoy:

I dont say Pakistan can get more FDI than India, what I said is that Pakistan will get more FDI than what it currently has.

OK, but those two countries did have economic reforms to put them on relatively high economic growth projectory now. I am not suggesting that Pakistan should adopt what were done in those countries to become like them.

What I am arguing economic growth and prosperity are two different things. Economic growth typically leads to degradation.

What the Chinese did was not focus on economic growth but sustainability. That's where their prosperity lies. For economic growth, you need lots of resources to build stuff to sell on the market.

Bharat has no plans to sustain their resources or to deal with industrial pollution.

Malaysia has a small population and lots of spare oil to sell on the market. Like Gulf countries.

The troll who opened this thread has an obsession with economic growth but seems to recognize Bharat for the sh!t show it is. What a contradiction.

Malaysia has a population of 33 million but their economy is $430 billion

Pakistan has a population of 250 million people but our economy is $400 billion or ($340.6 billion
according to wikipedia, lol)

So where are we wrong, and what are they doing right, lol?

Pakistani economy:
View attachment 967371

Malaysian economy:

View attachment 967372
Map of Pakistan:
View attachment 967373

Map of Malaysia:
View attachment 967374

We also have much more land than Malaysia does.

Constructive criticism, please!
@waz
@Areesh
@Dalit
@xyxmt
@PakAlp
@PakFactor
@aziqbal
@Jango

@AsianLion

@kingQamaR
@Daghalodi
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
@air marshal
@Basel
@Windjammer
@El Sidd
@hussain0216
@Abid123
@Asimzranger
@Tamerlane
@SaadH
@alphapak
@Enigma SIG
@HAIDER
@khansaheeb
@khail007
@air marshal

In a decade, even Afghanistan will have a better economy than Pakistan

I dont say Pakistan can get more FDI than India, what I said is that Pakistan will get more FDI than what it currently has.
if we ever go down the FDI route itll most likely be from
Gulf, China.... Europe...................US
In that order

We need political reforms, other than that I see the shift in mentality in Pakistan (common people, voters, military, elite, politicians) which gives me hope
With honesty and hard work things will be better 20 years down the line hopefully

if we ever go down the FDI route itll most likely be from
Gulf, China.... Europe...................US
In that order

We need political reforms, other than that I see the shift in mentality in Pakistan (common people, voters, military, elite, politicians) which gives me hope
With honesty and hard work things will be better 20 years down the line hopefully

Europe, Gulf nations are pretty big market

Even Indonesian company like Bukaka set up manufacturing base in India in order to target European market. Setting a factory in India also means to tap Indian domestic market as well.

If Pakistan has normal relation with India, setting up factory in Pakistan can also serve European, Gulf, Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh market

What I am arguing economic growth and prosperity are two different things. Economic growth typically leads to degradation.

What the Chinese did was not focus on economic growth but sustainability. That's where their prosperity lies. For economic growth, you need lots of resources to build stuff to sell on the market.

Bharat has no plans to sustain their resources or to deal with industrial pollution.

Malaysia has a small population and lots of spare oil to sell on the market. Like Gulf countries.

The troll who opened this thread has an obsession with economic growth but seems to recognize Bharat for the sh!t show it is. What a contradiction.
I never said that shitty India is good. India may have the world's largest population but its economy is shit for its HUGE population, lol.

Not a topic for one thread and for type of intolerant public we have.

I never said that shitty India is good. India may have the world's largest population but its economy is shit for its HUGE population, lol.

When Pakistan had a small population it was prosperous. When Chinese brought their population under control, they achieved prosperity.

New Zealand has a small economy but it's a way better country. Stop with this ignorant desire for economic growth. It'll only destroy Pakistan.

Pakistan needs to bring it's population under control.

Location matters as does political stability and economic freedom

Malaysia while being rich in natural resources is also located in an area which in itself is peaceful and economically prosperous.

Pakistan is located next to Afghanistan

Malaysia is not dependent on middle eastern oil
It is already an important transit hub for shipping unlike Pakistan which has reduced Gwadar to a chinese Navy Refueling and Maintence hub

On word answer Bhutto.

in 1965, after a decade of Ayuban rule, Pakistan was by far the most promising (large) Asian nation outside Japan. So much so that even Koreans sent a delegation to learn from Pak's model, Pak was set to become the first Asian Tiger (long before the term was coined) Then Bhutto led Pak into a war and we all know what happened next.

Regards

China went from making plastic clips to electric cars in 20 years and everyone thought it would take 40years +. High end-low end etc Chinese AI factories will build anything and everything for everyone from solar panels and high end mobile phones to electric vehicles, televisions etc and socks.

Malaysia focuses on economy, basically Malaysia has reason to wage war against Indonesia in Natuna areas. They prefer letting go that and focus on the economy. Pakistan made the opposite decision with the disputed area with India

I think this decision that divide Pakistan and Malaysia fate. Malaysia defense budget is only at 3 billion USD in 2023. Both Malaysia and Pakistan have much bigger neighbour, Indonesia for Malaysia and India for Pakistan. Both made different path as Pakistan keep trying to get the disputed land with bigger India, while Malaysia let it go and focus on the economy with very small defense budget

The focus on military embolden Pakistan military while for Malaysia the focus on the economy embolden their civilian rule

View attachment 967375

Malaysian media

The Claim of Sovereignty over Natuna Islands

As stated earlier, Indonesia formally included Natuna Islands as part of its territory in 1956, a year before Malaysia’s independence and six years before the Indonesian Confrontation with Malaysia erupted.

Malaysia at that time was still known as the Federation of Malaya and has not attained full independence to make its claim on the Natuna Islands. Malaya obtained independence in 1957 and became Malaysia in 1963.

The smooth journey towards the formation of Malaysia was then compromised when the then President of Indonesia, Sukarno, declared confrontation against Malaysia in 1962.
The Confrontation severed the Malaysian-Indonesian ties and may have swayed the focus of the leaders of Malaysia at that time towards ending the conflict with Indonesia rather than pressing claims over the Natuna Islands.

On the other hand, Indonesia needed the Natuna Islands to justify to the world that Indonesia is in fact an archipelagic State as prescribed by the international law of the sea.
Indeed, based on historical facts enunciated earlier, Malaysia has the right to claim sovereignty over the Natuna Islands.

Nevertheless, the claim has never been made and until now, Malaysia recognises Natuna Islands as part of Indonesia. However, can Malaysia make prospective claims over the Natuna Islands?

International law dictates that a State may acquire territory by way of prescription. This method of territorial acquisition refers to ‘actual exercise’ of sovereignty by one country on a particular territory without any clear objections from other countries.

Based on this fact, Malaysia’s claim, if any, over the Natuna Islands may be rebutted on the fact that it has remained silent over Indonesia’s administration on those islands that has taken place for almost 60 years.

Half of Pakistan's problems will be solved the day it stops funding it's corrupt army and makes peace with india. They can enjoy the fruit of development just like Bangladesh, Indonesia, vietnam , phillipines and India are doing right now. The biggest problem for Pakistan is the military dictatorship, they always try to find a way to make themselves relevant to the public and hence pick up unwinnable fights against a much larger and powerful india for which Pakistan dosent have the resources to fight. Pakistan is not blessed with natural resources which automatically rules out development models based on the gulf states. It neither has a well educated workforce to work in IT and financial services sector like india and Phillipines nor does it have the skilled labour to manufacture value added goods like vietnam, india,malaysia, indonesia does

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom