What's new

Pakistani FM Hina Rabbani avoids Bangladeshi FM Momen’s call to seek apology for 1971 genocide at Colombo

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Pakistani FM Hina Rabbani avoids Bangladeshi FM Momen’s call to seek apology for 1971 genocide at Colombo​

Diplomatic Correspondent
Dhaka
Published: 05 Feb 2023, 07: 55

Bangladesh foreign minister AK Abdul Momen held a meeting with Pakistan state minister for foreign affairs Hina Rabbani in Sri Lanka capital Colombo on Saturday.

Bangladesh foreign minister AK Abdul Momen held a meeting with Pakistan state minister for foreign affairs Hina Rabbani in Sri Lanka capital Colombo on Saturday.Photo collected from Twitter

Bangladesh has urged Pakistan to publicly seek apology for the genocide by its forces during the liberation war in 1971.

Bangladesh foreign minister AK Abdul Momen made the call while meeting Pakistan state minister for foreign affairs Hina Rabbani in the Sri Lankan capital Colombo.

He said, however, that Hina Rabbani didn't respond to this.

While replying to newsmen at state guest house Padma on Sunday afternoon, AK Abdul Momen made the disclosure.

He said, "She told me they want to strengthen ties with us. We have told her to publicly seek apology for the genocide in 1971. She avoided the issue and did not reply."

Momen said, "She said they have certain limitations. I said we have certain limitations here."

The foreign minister said, "Pakistan wants to increase trade relations with us. They want to FOC. I said you have given anti-dumping conditions and she said that was a good point.

That seemed positive to me. They want to improve relations with the entire Indian subcontinent, not just Bangladesh."

The foreign minister visited Sri Lanka on 3-4 February on the occasion of its 75th republic day. On the sideline of the event, Pakistan state minister for foreign affairs Hina Rabbani made a courtesy call with Bangladesh foreign minister on Saturday.

Pakistan must apologise for genocide carried out by Pak army in Bangladesh in 1971.

Pakistan should also accept those stranded Biharis in Bangladesh. Those Muslims need help immediately.

Bangladesh should thank Pakistan for protecting them from Indian hegemony after partition so they could have an identity. If it wasn't for Pakistan, BD would be India right now. I swear to God ask for an apology one more time and this will happen

1675610247083.png

Bangladesh should thank Pakistan for protecting them from Indian hegemony after partition so they could have an identity. If it wasn't for Pakistan, BD would be India right now. I swear to God ask for an apology one more time and this will happen

View attachment 915135

Calm down dude.

Without BD, Pakistan would not have gotten its own state.

Pakistan will eventually be forced to apologise as the economic difference between the two countries becomes massive.

The civilian government apology doesn't matter much if the killings are done by the Army. The military dictator Yahya khan was the chief martial law admin. and president.

So it was an Army action the op. search light, and civilians were kept in the dark on the western side.

People here are just waking up to the reality of the modus operandi of the Mil-Inc. and Establishment working.

And the killings by Mukti Bahni and the Bengali Razakars of non Bengalis, Biharis and govt. servants of ethnicity other than bengalis matches the Army killings.

As per reports Hindu Bengalis who were supporting India incurison were killed mostly, and the Mukti Bahni was all trained, supported and provided arms by India, reading the Agartala Conspiracy reveals it.

Last edited:
Dude, BD has little to gain from Pakistan.

It is the other way round - Imran Khan recognised this and would have formally apologised on behalf of Pakistan if he was not overthrown.
Wrong. Both BD and Pakistan have much to gain from uniting in the face of a increasingly emboldened regional bully that is India. You are already their bitch and from the way things are going, we just might be as well.

Wrong. Both BD and Pakistan have much to gain from uniting in the face of a increasingly emboldened regional bully that is India. You are already their bitch and from the way things are going, we just might be as well.
Yeah but we are the USA bitch, I mean does it really matter lol? At the end of the day the avg citizen of BD is far better off. And they sont have to beg for pennis to keep the lights on.

Yeah but we are the USA bitch, I mean does it really matter lol? At the end of the day the avg citizen of BD is far better off. And they sont have to beg for pennis to keep the lights on.
Everyone is USA's bitch. No choice there. :lol:
But, being India's bitch has got to be a new low. Even from where we stand now.

Is he, the FM of BD Momen an Indian stooge and puppet, as it suits India to keep blabbering about the 1971 genocide, so as to put any breaking the ice in talks are put into the back burner with bad sentiments and creating the hurdles.

India make it a point that BD and Pak relations never improves and India should call the shots, there are dozens of Ministers in BD who tow the India lines and are stooges and moles of India.

Will take some doing to come out of India hegemony.

Is he the FM of BD Momen an Indian stooge and puppet, as it suits India to keep blabbering about the 1971 genocide, so as to put any breaking the ice in talks are put into the back burner with bad sentiments and creating the hurdles.

India make it a point that BD and Pak relations never improves and India should call the shots, there are dozens of Ministers in BD who tow the India lines and are stooges and moles of India.

Will take some doing to come out of India hegemony.
Yeah, bengalis. Good luck with getting that apology.
Pakistani establishment hasn't even apologized to us punjabis. In fact, they still on their ways :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom