What's new

Pakistani Hindus | All Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the political incorrectness, but i suspect the loyalty of pakistani hindus to Pakistan.
For example, before the creation of bangladesh in 1971, hindus comprised about 15% of east Pakistan's population. But the mukti bahini was infested with bengali hindus and they played an important role in the division of Pakistan.

We must learn from history. Otherwise mark my words, if there is a separatist movement in Sindh in future then sindhi hindus would again be at the forefront and they will further try to divide and weaken Pakistan.

Fortunately since the inception of the Modern day concept of a 'Nation-State' such a polarization has been vastly toned down and its potential to galvanize a group of people into 'One Nation' is enormous ! If the Hindus of Pakistan side with the separatists in Sindh, in KP, in Punjab or in Balochistan it would not be because of their disloyalty to Pakistan but because of Pakistan's disloyalty to Jinnah's ideals (Freedom for all and Favours for None !) and our shameful justification for it by actually accusing the victim !

Lets grow out of this...! The Hundus of Pakistan are an integral part of 'Our Pakistan' and as long as they feel unwelcome, insecure and discriminated against in Pakistan...we continue to ebb away at Jinnah's dream till we're left with a Pakistan that no one fought for !

Fortunately since the inception of the Modern day concept of a 'Nation-State' such a polarization has been vastly toned down and its potential to galvanize a group of people into 'One Nation' is enormous ! If the Hindus of Pakistan side with the separatists in Sindh, in KP, in Punjab or in Balochistan it would not be because of their disloyalty to Pakistan but because of Pakistan's disloyalty to Jinnah's ideals (Freedom for all and Favours for None !) and our shameful justification for it by actually accusing the victim !

Lets grow out of this...! The Hundus of Pakistan are an integral part of 'Our Pakistan' and as long as they feel unwelcome, insecure and discriminated against in Pakistan...we continue to ebb away at Jinnah's dream till we're left with a Pakistan that no one fought for !

Agreed
I realize that i was being a bit harsh and the hindus in Pakistan should not be persecuted.
But the animosity between Pakistan and india is really the continuation of a thousand year old conflict between islam and hinduism in sub-continent. However as long as hindus in Pakistan do not do anything to harm Pakistan, and are not collaborating with india then they should be allowed to live in peace

shocking!!!! and then these indians have the audacity to come and speak here.
fake video. even congress has not followed up on it

sad to hear this kind of thing happened both ways! the trains arriving into lahore were completely filled with dead people.

btw did you lose anyone in the attack on golden temple?

tell that to zaid hamid who keeps telling that we will never forget 47, we will never forget 47 like a fricking parrot

If I were in any of these girls position, I will plot and one day I will poison the whole snake pit of a family hopefully on eid when maximum damage can be done. I hope someone can train these girls mentally to do this. B@$t@rd$

Agreed
I realize that i was being a bit harsh and the hindus in Pakistan should not be persecuted.
But the animosity between Pakistan and india is really the continuation of a thousand year old conflict between islam and hinduism in sub-continent.
However as long as hindus in Pakistan do not do anything to harm Pakistan, and are not collaborating with india then they should be allowed to live in peace

It doesn't have to be this way. We were taught to look at history through the Muslims vs Hindu lens and hence we see the India vs Pakistan dispute in the same way... Our education system needs a total re-haul. Its whats taught us to see things along such lines.

Even India has grown out of its suspicion of Muslims so why can't we get out of our hatred and suspicion for Hindus?

Its more than time to treat Pakistani hindus as citizens of Pakistan and give them utmost respect. After all this was what Jinnah wanted.

In any case Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic State — to be ruled by priests with a divine mission. We have many non- Muslims — Hindus, Christians, and Parsis — but they are all Pakistanis. They will enjoy the same rights and privileges as any other citizens and will play their rightful part in the affairs of Pakistan.

Feb 1948. Quaid e Azam Speech in US.

It is really sad that the minorities are not taken care off.

yeah it seems the situation is not good in rural areas & GoP is trying best to support minorities.....

& the most hopefull thing is tht we Pakistanis admit our mistakes unlike indians who always lives in fools paradise.

Thts why i always proud of being Pakistani...:)
no matter a hindu a christain of a jew or muslims a pakistani is a pakistani for majority of pakistanis....

But the animosity between Pakistan and india is really the continuation of a thousand year old conflict between islam and hinduism in sub-continent....
Which doesn't exist if you care to read some history. India is one of those places where such rivalries weren't born because the major exponents of Islam were those to whom practitioners of the two religions regarded with veneration. Rivalries were born between people (kings and princes etc), and a superficial reading of history reveals that any pair of these had in their armies both Hindus and Muslims. As far as I have been able to gather, this began changing once the British were the rulers. And they successfully engineered this change if we took PDF's Indians as a case study - they've learnt to not like not only Pakistanis but Muslims in general just because most Pakistanis happen to be Muslim. C'est dingue!

LAHORE: Amid increasing cases of violence and lack of security against their community, 60 Hindu families from Balochistan and Sindh have decided to migrate to India, Express News reported on Thursday.

Four out of the 60 families left for India during midday via Samjhota Express from Lahore Railway Station. The rest of the families are expected to travel by today.

According to Express News correspondent Aftab Bukhari, five families residing in Aatma Raam Haweli – joint residence – vacated it this morning in order to move out to India.

Bukhari said that the families had complaints that their shops were looted, their houses were raided by unknown men and their women were forcefully converted.

He said that the visas on their passports were not permanent, however, he said that chances of them coming back to Pakistan were very less.

A resident in the locality informed Express News that the families who have vacated their houses had to sell them off at half the prices.

Express News’ correspondent from Lahore, Naeem Qaiser, reported that the families have been planning on leaving since the last 6-8 months.

Qaiser said that the members of the four families who left for India had refused to talk to the media. However, when their relatives were approached by Express News they said that they could not endure the violence and that even moving to another province was not an option.

Persecution forces 60 Hindu families to migrate to India – The Express Tribune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom