What's new

Pakistani pilot writes after 46 years to daughter of Indian pilot he shot d

By the way it wasn't an apology. There isn't any need of any apology. He just cleared what was the situation at that time and it was in the line of duty that he shot that aircraft down.

actually this pilot had shot down an indian civil aircraft during 1965 war. that civilian aircraft lost its path and entered into battle field of run of khuch, so was detected by PAKISTANI radars. this young pilot was ordered to handle that target. So he shot it down as they mistaken it a spying aircraft, but in later days it was proved to be a civilian aircraft. 46 years after that even this PAKISTANI pilot got contact of deceased pilot of that aircraft so he apologized to her and clarified to her the situation in which he had to shot down her fathers aircraft.

Well from the conversation it seems that the Pilot , apologizes as the plane according to his visual data was a passenger craft 5-6 seater but during war times , it was possible that it was a plane spying over Pakistani Airspace, and he got instructions from head office to defend airspace. He did recalled that the plane signaled for forgiveness for flying into Pakistan during war time

If the pilot stated his view in email its his personal view , and we can't really say if that plane was indeed a passenger craft of a spy plane

He stated that he does not believe that its ok to commit acts , that are not justifiable every thing is legal in war is not a statement he believes in, and if it for him he would have tried to avoid the circumstances (He also stated he lost contact with his Senior Pilot who was flying at higher altitude) and he only had 1 means to get instructions from ground tower.

But at least he apologized but also clarified that the plane was over Pakistani airspace he had to follow orders but his personal view was to not take action which is why he felt guilty and wrote email because during war time mistakes happen and obviously he has not forgotten that incident 46 years ago

The e-mail, with the subject line “Condolence”, dated Fri, Aug 5, 2011, is copied to Naushad Patel and Jagan Pillarisetti, the Indian contacts who helped Mr Hussain to reach out to the bereaved family, something he had wanted to do for some time.

Jagan Is Webmaster of Bharat-Rakshak (dot) com

Wow if only we had more men like him on both dide of the boders reaky a nice touch hats ofg to him

Good Gesture by Pakistan Air Force Pilot - Though I don't think it is his fault as Pakistan India were at war and he simply followed the orders.The Indian Pilot who shot down Sarfraz Rafiqi also met Muradk (Member here - EX PAF Pilot) in USA and told Muradk that if he had known that Sarfraz Rafiqi sabre's guns were jammed he would have never shot him down.Muradk also met the Indian pilot he shot down over India when he was in Iraq and they got along pretty well.

atleast he had guts to clearify and apologize although he was not on the wrong side unlike many other people who dont have such guts even after they commit blunders

Pilots are human too, they may kill others in line of duty for their country but somewhere in their hearts they always have soft spots for the families . I wish we would have our politicians with such hearts on both side so it would never have been the case and never ever such number of peoples would have been killed on both sides of the border.

Pilots are human too, they may kill others in line of duty for their country but somewhere in their hearts they always have soft spots for the families . I wish we would have our politicians with such hearts on both side so it would never have been the case and never ever such number of peoples would have been killed on both sides of the border.
True - I remember Muradk's post here when he mentioned that after his first combat kill he was quite sad because when he shot down the Indian Fighter he did not see pilot ejecting so he was quite sad that he has killed someone's son/father.

Nonetheless, the unfortunate part in all this is that I had to execute the orders of my controller.“Mrs Singh, I have chosen to go into this detail to tell you that it all happened in the line of duty and it was not governed by the concept that ‘everything is fair in love and war’, the way it has been portrayed by the Indian media due to lack of information. I did not play foul and went by the rules of business but the unfortunate loss of precious lives, no matter how it happens, hurts each human and I am no exception. I feel sorry for you, your family and the other seven families who lost their dearest ones. I feel greatly grieved that you lost your brother Noshir recently.

Very good.... This proves that apart from the soldier, they are human as well... I am glad that the burden he was carrying for the last 46 years has been laid off... he must be feeling very light so he can fly in the air..

Bravo Sir, I salute you.. :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom