What's new

Pakistani scientist set to unveil world’s first eco-friendly aircraft engine

Not the engine, I think they are only working on a device that will be attached to existing engines to resolve contrail problem (if contrails are really a problem, which I believe are not).
Contrails are just condensed water droplets. How can they be an environment concern?
Unless you tend to believe the tinfoil hats about the lizard men putting in chemicals to castrate the population below.

Considering the 1000s of flights everyday, yes.

But, I don’t find this invention interesting at all, what they have done is quite a simple theory, someone decades earlier might already have thought of a similar thing and as well as tested it, concluding it to be impractical at masses.

Pakistani news sites have a bad habit of flying around, fake cheers for simple things “ye dekhen, gaon ke bachay ne aisi remote control car banai jo saboon se chalti hai” “fAkHrE paKiSTaN, is dehati admi ne gas se petrol banaya”

People be like : *waaah waaah* *pakistani mind, best mind, none other like us*

On a serious thought, let’s see what comes of this engine, I wouldn’t give it a second look unless it gets real exposure on international media as well as accreditation by different companies.

Pakistanis must start focusing on using their educations on big and important thing instead of insignificant things which in turn don’t get exposure

@MastanKhan
The website itself is absurd. I could slap one together with better scientific facts in a day.

Alhamdulillah can't build a 90 Kg turbofan engine for our own cruise missile yet there is 'green research' on large aircraft engines.
90kg is still large. I've yet to see someone in Pakistan build smaller jets which are used in RC models like JetCat.

Contrails are just condensed water droplets. How can they be an environment concern?
Unless you tend to believe the tinfoil hats about the lizard men putting in chemicals to castrate the population below.

The website itself is absurd. I could slap one together with better scientific facts in a day.

90kg is still large. I've yet to see someone in Pakistan build smaller jets which are used in RC models like JetCat.
This news has been reported 2-3 weeks ago by various sites, even i was the first to post on pdf if you look back at science and technology sub forum. OP is quite late to post it

No don’t slap facts, use those facts to make engines and other things please...

No don’t slap facts, use those facts to make engines and other things please...

The problem with this specific news is that the title is misleading. They didn't come up with alien tech. They just built a device which is supposed to be added to a turbofan engine to reduce contrails.

Is it like the Car that runs on Water?

Anyways, this is their Link...:

https://aeroenginecraft.com/

I am a bit skeptical of this, but I will keep my skepticism to myself for now. Let's see after a year, how things are going.

It's a family of highly educated scientists. The dad has a number of international engineering patents too. They don't come easy. The mom is one of Pakistan's only experts in molecular quantum mechanics. The daughter (who came up with the idea and is leading things) herself has a masters and a PhD from one of the world's premier aerospace engineering institutions.

Everyone is sceptical thinking they have invented a new generation of jet engines but the only thing IMO is that they have invented some type of catalyst which convert exhaust into less toxic materials.

its nothing more then the addon to the engine to eliminate the contrails

"only thing" and "nothing more" --- LOL.

Do you guys think this is minor? It's like somebody inventing a contraption like this for all gasoline combustion engines in cars --- imagine the impact.

Really love how you're putting down somebody who actually invented something and is patenting it AND that will benefit the planet. I'm sure you have dozens of intl patents and game-changing inventions of your own... right?

It's a family of highly educated scientists. The dad has a number of international engineering patents too. They don't come easy. The mom is one of Pakistan's only experts in molecular quantum mechanics. The daughter (who came up with the idea and is leading things) herself has a masters and a PhD from one of the world's premier aerospace engineering institutions.

Do you guys think this is minor? It's like somebody inventing a contraption like this for all gasoline combustion engines in cars --- imagine the impact.

Really love how you're putting down somebody who actually invented something and is patenting it AND that will benefit the planet. I'm sure you have dozens of intl patents and game-changing inventions of your own... right?
I never downplayed it, I just tried to remove the misconception that they have invented a new engine.

Typical Pakistani way. Turn your nose up at the hard work of someone else. The media might be reporting it inaccurately but it's hardly her fault is it.

It would be a miracle if we can produce an engine which gives off more pollution than anything else in the world let alone a zero emission engine. Boeing aur Airbus tu lagta hai jhak maar rahay hein jo Pakistiniyoon ko hi yeh ideas aatay hein.

Yay wohi BC Water Car wala hisab hai jisko Malaysia ki companies offer kar rahi thein laikin uski mardangi nay Pakistan ko choona lagana behtar samjha.

Pakistanis are not inventors, they are followers. So please cut the crap

this is hilarious, GE and rolls royce couldnt do it with all the resources in the world and this pakistani is going to unveil an eco friendly aircraft engine. LMAO. ROFL

Don't have any issue with her education or family background. What I am concerned about is the financial and structural aspect of the whole project. The promises made on the delivery in the video(2020), the feasibility and the price of the final product, also the way they did the promotional/introduction video, handling equipment with bare hands and a small electronic lab. Sure its in a prototype stage but these things matter. A bit of dust can ruin the findings of the initial tests. I don't know how their lab really looks like, but the video wasn't much assuring about the standards.

Also the airline companies are hell bent on reducing their costs(if it was upto them, they would have made people stand in planes to reduce their costs and have profit), the idea looks neat but will the companies really embed this into their systems if the its too costly. Do they really care about environment(plane companies)? So these were the questions on my mind and time will tell. For now I wish them the best but at the same time I want to have some skepticism, because to me thats fair.

How utterly absurd piece of journalistic make believe. Contrails have never been a problem to start with as they consist of condensed water droplets. Why would you want to add additional scrubbing mechanism to remove a very very very small amount of water droplets,about a glassful of water for a whole journey

Contrails (/ˈkɒntreɪlz/; short for "condensation trails") or vapour trails are line-shaped clouds produced by aircraft engine exhaust or changes in air pressure, typically at aircraft cruising altitudes several miles above the Earth's surface. Contrails are composed primarily of water, in the form of ice crystals.

Need two large airliner engines on the inner wing hardpoints of the JF-17 for increased thrust.

Back
Top Bottom