What's new

Pakistani woman arrives in India to marry her distant relative

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
banner img
Shumaila, a resident of Lahore, entered India via Integrated Check Post, Attari along with her relatives where she was received by Jalandhar resident Kamal Kalyan and his family members.

ATTARI: Finally after overcoming cross-border hindrances and bottlenecks, Pakistani national Shumaila arrived in India from to marry her distant relative Kamal Kalyan.
On Wednesday Shumaila, a resident of Lahore, entered India via Integrated Check Post, Attari along with her relatives where she was received by Jalandhar resident Kamal Kalyan and his family members.
Both of them were engaged online in 2018 and were set to marry in 2020 which couldn’t happen due to a coronavirus outbreak.
"I am feeling very good as if I am with my own people and not with strangers, no one is new for me , all are mine," said Shumaila adding she was being welcomed not as "daughter-in-law but as a daughter."

Untitled design (34)
She said her marriage was "arranged" by the family and she simply abided by what she was told to do . "As cousins, I used to talk to Kamal often, we would also have video chats on various occasions", she said.
She said there was party time going on in her friend's circle in Lahore and almost all of her friends had come up to Wagah (Pakistan border) to see her off.
Echoing with Shumaila, Kamal, who has a car bazaar in Jalandhar , said: "I did whatever my father and other family members decided".

Qadian resident Chaudhary Maqbool Ahmad who himself is married in Pakistan claimed that he had helped Shumaila and Kamal to fulfil the travel formalities etc. He urged the Central government to simplify the visa formalities so that the marriages could be solemnised between the families divided across the Radcliffe Line without passing through cumbersome travel formalities.

Shumaila said she had to apply a couple of times before she was given a visa.
"There are a lot of people who want to travel but their spirits are dampened due to cumbersome visa formalities, the governments of both countries should simplify the process," she said.

Hope they have a happy marriage and she coverts the dude to love Pakistan. :enjoy:
Why do you think we hate Pakistani people? We have issues with your govt. and your proxy wars only. It has caused innocent people to die on our side. I don't think common people want to go to war over Kashmir.

Hope they have a happy marriage and she coverts the dude to love Pakistan. :enjoy:
All she would have to do is be herself and her upbringing would do that naturally.

Considering the guy is a Muslim, he might already have a soft spot for Pakistan. I fear he might get lynched by a mob or tagged as a "traitor" for marrying a Pakistani.

Why do you think we hate Pakistani people? We have issues with your govt. and your proxy wars only. It has caused innocent people to die on our side. I don't think common people want to go to war over Kashmir.
Lol, lying comes so naturally to you lot.

Considering the guy is a Muslim, he might already have a soft spot for Pakistan. I fear he might get lynched by a mob or tagged as a "traitor" for marrying a Pakistani.
There are many girls from Pakistan married to muslim boys in Kerala, how many of them lynched? Go get a life.

Isn't this an interfaith marriage too? Shumaila is a Muslim name, Kamal Kalyan is a Hindu name.

Isn't this an interfaith marriage too? Shumaila is a Muslim name, Kamal Kalyan is a Hindu name.
It's arranged and they're family - so probably not

His name can pass of as Muslim though, kamal is used by Muslims too and gotras are used by all across religions , but he is wearing that red bracelet on his hands and mother is wearing red dot on her head- so maybe

don't know, complicated

Some people pre partition did have distant family in different religions but after partition many people to save lives and land converted to dominant religions of their country - like off the top of my head I saw one video of family with Sikh Singh surnames in their forefathers documents but after partition Singh was replaced with massigh as they became Cristians to save thier lands

Both scenarios can fit tbh but we don't know what's going on

I still think he is Muslim but yeah there are some signs that indicates something else

Punjabi first, Hindu/Muslim/Sikh second...too bad this wasn't the case '47, where it was Sikh/Hindu first or be slaughtered.

Back
Top Bottom