What's new

Pakistanis, please stop refering to 1947 as a "Partition" !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyPakistan1947

Reaction score
There was no "partition" in 1947. We PAKISTANIS, have to stop refering to Independence of Pakistan as a "partition".

Otherwise this gives indians a chance to say "Pakistan was always apart of india, they got seperated from us in 1947". "Pakistan and india were one nation living peacfully untill the British divided us", ect, ect... you know with the usual BS & lies :tdown:

You guys (Pakistanis) know where i'm coming from.... So plz Pakistanis stop refering to 1947 as a "partition".

We should refer to 1947 as it was; "Pakistan got independence from British-india on 14th August 1947. Republic of india got independence from British-india on 15th august 1947.. Pakistan was never apart of modern-day Republic of india. Both Pakistan and india were created in 1947. Pakistan was created a day before india"

It's my request to you all.

Thank You.

There was no "partition" in 1947. We PAKISTANIS, have to stop refering to Independence of Pakistan as a "partition".

We should refer to 1947 as it was; "Pakistan got independence from British-india on 14th August 1947.

Thank You.

You just contradicted yourself. Try as much as you want, juggle with words in any way possible, YOU CANNOT change facts, YOU CANNOT change history!

That's all :)

Thanks.

well it doesn't make sense to me and i don't know why it is hard to digest for some of my Pakistani fellows to accept the reality that we are the peoples living in India subcontinent. We were always part of the ancient India... although the Modern India has nothing to do with us.

Lets not try to change the history if we both Modern India and Pakistan cannot live peacefully

Like Quaid-e-Azam said in this speech

Hindu India & Muslim India must be seperated because the two nations are entirely distinct and different and in some matters an animosity to each other. We differ in our History, Culture, Language, Architecture, Music, Laws, Jurisprudence, Calendar and our entire social fabric and Code of Life.

Quaid-e-Azam (extracted from the video)

Last edited by a moderator:
You just contradicted yourself. Try as much as you want, juggle with words in any way possible, YOU CANNOT change facts, YOU CANNOT change history!

That's all :)

Thanks.

Change history and facts? I think you are talking about yourself?

WHO DAMN CARES !

lol very right

forget whatever the past is - today's reality is that we are two separate nations and animosity to each other

I don't understand at one place we claim our thousands of years heritage coming through the chain of ancient India... and other place we completely reject the theory that we were ever part of this subcontinent?

well it doesn't make sense to me and i don't know why it is hard to digest for some of my Pakistani fellows to accept the reality that we are the peoples living in India subcontinent. We were always part of the ancient India... although the Modern India has nothing to do with us.

Lets not try to change the history if we both Modern India and Pakistan cannot live peacefully

Like Quaid-e-Azam said in this speech

OMG yes! People are finding new and more ridiculous ways to satisfy their ego.

Just dont bother with this thread. Its going to be an Internet brawl soon.

AUz is right.... Who cares...

lol very right

forget whatever the past is - today's reality is that we are two separate nations and animosity to each other

I don't understand at one place we claim our thousands of years heritage coming through the chain of ancient India... and other place we completely reject the theory that we were ever part of this subcontinent?

um....whatever floats "their" boat!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

Stop trying to twist my words Zaki.

I'm saying we were never apart of modern-day republic of india. Modern-day republic india was created on 15th August 1947. There was NO partition in 1947. indians have to stop spreading these lies about Pakistanis getting independence from india. We got independence from British-india. And modern-day Pakistan was created a day before Republic of india.

If the Pakistani people would prefer to call it "independence", rather than "partition", I would certainly respect that.

Politics is all subjective anyway.

Look at how Chinese people in the PRC refer to the CPC victory in the civil war, as the "liberation of the mainland", while the Chinese people in Taiwan refer to it as the "fall of the mainland". Depends on your perspective.

(I tend to prefer the CPC viewpoint, given that I am from Hong Kong).

I agree with original poster and this is not "changing facts" but the actual facts for people who dont want to be lazy about history. Nobody is saying that Pakistan is not part of the subcontinent.

The phrase 'partition of India' is factually incorrect.

British Indian Empire was dissolved ('partitioned'), and strictly speaking only Punjab was partitioned in 1947 (Bengal was partitioned way earlier). The remaining 600 states, provinces and regions of the empire made the decision to unite and create two new separate countries. Following this India and Pakistan gained independence together from the British in 1947, days apart from each other.

Partition of India implies that Pakistan was carved out and gained independence from India, and that India as a nation existed before 1947, which is not correct. It also ignores the main events of 1947 which include the actual independence and the formation of two countries from 600 provinces and territories of the former British empire.

I do not think it is even an issue. Partition Independence Batwara teksim what ever .......

^^^

It's an issue for me.

I don't understand why these indians always lie and spread this propoganda about Pakistan getting independence from india? After all both Pakistan and india were created in 1947. So why not Pakistanis say "india ganied independence from Pakistan in 1947"? Why the constant lies, propoganda and denial from indians?

Whatever. Being Pakistani is better than being a shaboo bhartee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom