What's new

Pakistanis should leave Pakistan.PM Gilani

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Skip to 4:40

A video showing the true colours of the Pakistani leadership is being passed around on the web. This time it’s our Prime Minister, Yousaf Raza Gilani, who has shown the world why Pakistan is in such a sorry state.

For the initial five minutes of this video, our prime minister makes the usual excuses that have become the trademark of the Pakistan government. In the last 15 seconds, interviewer Becky Anderson tells Gilani about poll results that reveal that about a third of Pakistanis want to leave the country. This is when the video gets really interesting.

Following this remark come two statements that, to most Pakistanis, are perhaps the biggest indication of how the Pakistani leadership views us. Mr Gilani says casually and pointedly,

And why don’t they leave then?

When the camera shows Becky Anderson’s face after this statement, one can read volumes into the international community’s perception of Pakistan just by her stunned expression. Her face shows genuine worry tinged with disgust. Her eyes ask the question “Is this some kind of joke?”. The same Becky Anderson who, throughout the interview, was never short of responses and questions for the PM, even interrupting him at times, seems at an utter loss for words.

She too, like all Pakistanis watching the video for the first time, pauses in the desperate hope that the PM can recover and do some damage control; that he will say something intelligent and save the image of his country that he lost two seconds ago. Alas! Our PM, as if to add insult to injury, just smiles – yes, he actually smiles – and says,

Who is stopping them?

This renders Anderson speechless, yet again. The PM’s smile turns into an embarrassed grin, and Pakistanis world over watch in horror.

One doesn’t usually judge the state of an entire nation based on just 15 seconds, however, these 15 seconds aptly depict the state of Pakistan. These 15 seconds are a slap on the face of the entire nation; these 15 seconds leave no doubt that Pakistan is a nation in dire need of help. 15 seconds of a conversation that the majority of the Pakistani population is actually unaware of as they don’t understand English. The question is, will this clip change anything?

At this point, Pakistan is in shambles. Never has the country been in a worse position than it is in now. Poverty, loadshedding, corruption, pollution, food shortage, floods, violence, terrorism, street crime, extortion, gang wars, poor health care and education, inflation, extremism, discrimination and many more problems haunt the average Pakistani every single day.

If there’s anything that Pakistan needs right now, it is better representation on an international level. In the two and a half years I have been studying abroad, I find myself trying as hard as I can to defend Pakistan from criticism. This doesn’t mean I’m disillusioned. I do not deny our problems. But I try to emphasize on the circumstances that put Pakistan in this position. People are the same, wherever they are, it’s circumstances that determine their personality.

Despite all their problems, the people of Pakistan are a patriotic bunch. For some mysterious reason, their hope doesn’t die. If only the prime minister knew this, he would have an appropriate answer to his question.

When anchors fire questions aimed at demeaning our country, I want our prime minister to rip them apart with cutting, sincere responses. If he is told that a third of Pakistanis want to leave the country, he should say:

My vision for Pakistan is that, in as little as five years, instead of a third of Pakistanis saying that they want to leave the country, those who have left will say they want to come back.

I am simply an employee who is accountable to the entire Pakistani population. My life is dedicated to ensuring that I fulfill my responsibility, and help change this country into something they can be proud of!

Please prime minister, show us a Pakistan that makes us proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
PM looked a bit confused too on a couple of questions... Shame on you PM JUST resign...

At 4:40, the reporter said something, while this baboon answered something else. You either get democracy or dictatorship. SO democracy means no governance.

BTW, when he said about his disqualification, just want so say, that when you get disqualified, you do not resign voluntarily, you are kicked out forcibly. This guy cannot even understand the question most of the times. And in this case, the Speaker and ECP have no choice, since the court has already answered the question (if it is raised to the speaker in the detailed order)

Shame, it is sad of our own leaders viewing us as donkey people.

LOL. That was really a pathetic attitude to be a Prime Minister.

Gilani:Why don't they leave then? Who is stopping them?

Interviewer: (WTF?!!) :blink:

This current lot is probably the worse govt we have ever had. A shame.

At 4:40, the reporter said something, while this baboon answered something else. You either get democracy or dictatorship. SO democracy means no governance.

BTW, when he said about his disqualification, just want so say, that when you get disqualified, you do not resign voluntarily, you are kicked out forcibly. This guy cannot even understand the question most of the times. And in this case, the Speaker and ECP have no choice, since the court has already answered the question (if it is raised to the speaker in the detailed order)

CNN interview: PM Gilani’s political faux pas

While political faux pas are not unusual in Pakistan, the country’s prime minister’s recent comments take the cake – and were, funnily enough, reminiscent of the phrase “let them eat cake” made popular by French monarch Marie Antoinette.

In an interview during his five-day visit to London, Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani left CNN’s Becky Anderson literally at a loss for words.

When asked about the latest Gallup poll which suggests that one-fifth of Pakistanis want to leave the country, the premier didn’t hesitate to respond: “Why don’t they just leave then”.

The matter-of-fact response was followed by, “Who’s stopping them?”

While his comments were followed by an apparent awkward silence between the interviewer and interviewee, the CNN interview clip has gone viral on the internet by fervent tweeters and bloggers.

The rest of the interview was less improvised, with the premier defending his contempt conviction and his country’s stance on drone strikes being counter-productive.

When asked, twice, if he would resign, Prime Minister Gilani said: “If
I am disqualified and notified by the [National Assembly] speaker, then yes, I will have to.”

When asked how he feels about US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton’s remarks that Pakistan needed to do more to fight terrorism, the premier stated: “It’s now time for them to do more”.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 12th, 2012.

He doesn't..........:disagree:

I hate Musharaf but at-least he has some sense what to say on media.

These kind of m****** F**** are responsible of the moment when peoples celebrates marshal law. f******g democrazy is not for Pakistan :angry:

The Pakistani leaders & government are an embarrassment to every leader & government that ever existed. All Pakistanis should feel ashamed after watching this video. I don't even defend Pakistan anymore against any criticism, it's no longer worth it.

There is one good thing that came out of this video; it showed the entire world what out government is truly like. At least this moron prime minister didn't lie or attempt to hide his views while answering the question.

At this point in time we require a leader like Ataturk. If not that then a bloody revolution is needed along with the decapitation of every corrupt person in our country.

I hate Musharaf but at-least he has some sense what to say on media.

These kind of m****** F**** are responsible of the moment when peoples celebrates marshal law. f******g democrazy is not for Pakistan :angry:

No no Americans pressured Mushy remember they wanted us to have democracy

Back
Top Bottom