What's new

Pakistanis suck up to Middle Easterners

Status
Not open for further replies.

M8R

Reaction score
Given the situation of middle class Pakistanis in Arab countries where they are often underpaid, not even paid for months, abused, subject to false accusations and racism this important question arises once again: Why are Pakistanis so vigorously pro-Arab and pro-Middle Eastern?

The answer lies in a discomforting fact: Religion. Few are willing to face this fact. Because the last Prophet in Islam happened to be an Arab, many Pan-Islamist Pakistanis, particularly Wahhabbists simply worship Arabs.
This goes against Islamic teachings which openly s
tress Arabs and non-Arabs are equal in the eyes of the creator.

A fact to note is that Arabs identify themselves as Arabs, Turks as Turks, Persians as Persians (I'm not counting Iran's non-Persian populations as I am not certain on their political viewpoints). It's only the Pan-Islamist Pakistanis who see themselves as Muslims and identify themselves only as such.

These ignorant Pakistanis don't see the outright racism of Arabs against their people, nor do they realize Arabs would never want to include themselves with Pakistanis in their political movements.

You can often spot Pakistanis in pro-Palestinian demonstrations weather in Arab or western countries. At times you can see many of them, they're not difficult to spot at a pro-Arab demo.
But never have I seen or heard of Arabs or any other Middle Eastern national at pro-Kashmiri/Pakistani demonstrations.

While Pakistani pilots volunteered and risked their lives in Arab-Israeli wars, no Arab pilot was given permission by his government to engage in direct combat against Indian pilots in the Indo-Pakistani wars.

It just doesn't end there with the Arabs. During the Iran-Iraq war right after the Shia Islamist regime in Iran took over, a lot of Arab and western countries supported Iraq (Syria sided with Iran I believe), while North Korea and Pakistan were the only known countries to lend military support to Iran.

Yet today many ignorant Iranians, especially Shia hardliners ignore this fact and falsely boast that Iran "fought alone" in the war without outside support.
Pakistani scientist Dr Abdul Quadeer Khan even risked his life by sharing nuclear technology with Iran, another fact ignored by many Iranians.
Instead, the current Iranian regime maintains excellent relations with India, sponsors protests against the treatment of Shias in Pakistan, when they have never protested against the oppression of their fellow Kashmiri Muslims by India or when Iran is known for it's discriminatory treatment of it's Sunni population. Iran has even lend India airbases within it's borders.

Imagine the reaction by the Arab and the Iranian regimes if Pakistan opened full diplomatic relations with Israel and allowed it to use Pakistani airbases. It's hypocrisy.
Yet all over the internet and public protests Pakistanis can be found everywhere, staunchly defending Iran in enriching it's nuclear program.

Another common phenomenon amongst Pakistanis is to claim Arab, Persian or Turkish ancestry. Some go as far as to claim direct descent from the Prophet Muhammad.
As I explained in this post, there was minor mixing with Arabs, Turko-Mongols (not the ones from Anatolia) and Persians. However, the majority still remain the same.

As the haplogroup maps below show, the distribution of the Semitic Haplogroup J1 is very insignificant in Pakistan:

Even the Mughals, who were mostly Mongoloid belonged to Haplogroup Q and it's subclades, invalidating Pakistani claims of Mughal ancestry.
Sadly enough, there are even movements in Pakistan to make Arabic or Farsi the national language because some Pakistanis have decided to make Undri the scapegoat for all the linguistic tensions in the country and to "bring Pakistanis closer to their Muslim 'brothers'", which I decried and refuted such bias against Undri.

Having good relations with countries in our region is important for political and economic benefits. But this unconditional love and sacrifice for Middle Eastern people will take us Pakistanis nowhere. It will gain us nothing and will only bring us losses.
As an example, Pakistan supported the Arabs during the Arab-Israeli wars and sold Iran missiles to aim at Israel.

Israel has been (probably in retaliation) selling India sophisticated weapons technology and actively been training Indian troops in Kashmir. Had Pakistan stayed out of other peoples conflicts, Israel might not have sided with India
Even in 2005-2006, Pakistan's government gave three million dollars to the Palestinian authority when there are millions of Pakistanis sitting on the streets starving and living in worse conditions then many Palestinians.

This money could have gone to improve living conditions for Pakistanis at home or even gone to Pakistani workers in Gulf countries who go unpaid for months and rely on bank loans to survive. Some even commit suicide to escape the unbearable slave-like conditions created by their greedy Arab employees.

Somewhere this inferiority complex towards Middle Eastern people has to stop if Pakistan is to progress as a nation.

Pak Independent: Pakistanis suck up to Middle Easterners
-
Could not agree more with author - Pakistan and India combined have a rich culture and history but Pakistanis don't recognize that culture except for a bunch of people who invaded India and Indian blood was used by these invaders (Pakistanis too as Pakistanis were Indians back then).Instead of disliking the invaders Pakistanis think they were so some sort of hero.Pakistanis have no respect for their culture.They believe Arabian culture is their culture where as the Indic Pak Culture is far more beautiful and rich.

☪☪☪☪;962154 said:
Given the situation of middle class Pakistanis in Arab countries where they are often underpaid, not even paid for months, abused, subject to false accusations and racism this important question arises once again: Why are Pakistanis so vigorously pro-Arab and pro-Middle Eastern?

The answer lies in a discomforting fact: Religion. Few are willing to face this fact. Because the last Prophet in Islam happened to be an Arab, many Pan-Islamist Pakistanis, particularly Wahhabbists simply worship Arabs.

A fact to note is that Arabs identify themselves as Arabs, Turks as Turks, Persians as Persians (I'm not counting Iran's non-Persian populations as I am not certain on their political viewpoints). It's only the Pan-Islamist Pakistanis who see themselves as Muslims and identify themselves only as such.

These ignorant Pakistanis don't see the outright racism of Arabs against their people, nor do they realize Arabs would never want to include themselves with Pakistanis in their political movements.

You can often spot Pakistanis in pro-Palestinian demonstrations weather in Arab or western countries. At times you can see many of them, they're not difficult to spot at a pro-Arab demo.
But never have I seen or heard of Arabs or any other Middle Eastern national at pro-Kashmiri/Pakistani demonstrations.

While Pakistani pilots volunteered and risked their lives in Arab-Israeli wars, no Arab pilot was given permission by his government to engage in direct combat against Indian pilots in the Indo-Pakistani wars.

It just doesn't end there with the Arabs. During the Iran-Iraq war right after the Shia Islamist regime in Iran took over, a lot of Arab and western countries supported Iraq (Syria sided with Iran I believe), while North Korea and Pakistan were the only known countries to lend military support to Iran.

Yet today many ignorant Iranians, especially Shia hardliners ignore this fact and falsely boast that Iran "fought alone" in the war without outside support.
Pakistani scientist Dr Abdul Quadeer Khan even risked his life by sharing nuclear technology with Iran, another fact ignored by many Iranians.
Instead, the current Iranian regime maintains excellent relations with India, sponsors protests against the treatment of Shias in Pakistan, when they have never protested against the oppression of their fellow Kashmiri Muslims by India or when Iran is known for it's discriminatory treatment of it's Sunni population. Iran has even lend India airbases within it's borders.

Imagine the reaction by the Arab and the Iranian regimes if Pakistan opened full diplomatic relations with Israel and allowed it to use Pakistani airbases. It's hypocrisy.
Yet all over the internet and public protests Pakistanis can be found everywhere, staunchly defending Iran in enriching it's nuclear program.

Another common phenomenon amongst Pakistanis is to claim Arab, Persian or Turkish ancestry. Some go as far as to claim direct descent from the Prophet Muhammad.
As I explained in this post, there was minor mixing with Arabs, Turko-Mongols (not the ones from Anatolia) and Persians. However, the majority still remain the same.

As the haplogroup maps below show, the distribution of the Semitic Haplogroup J1 is very insignificant in Pakistan:

Even the Mughals, who were mostly Mongoloid belonged to Haplogroup Q and it's subclades, invalidating Pakistani claims of Mughal ancestry.
Sadly enough, there are even movements in Pakistan to make Arabic or Farsi the national language because some Pakistanis have decided to make Undri the scapegoat for all the linguistic tensions in the country and to "bring Pakistanis closer to their Muslim 'brothers'", which I decried and refuted such bias against Undri.

Having good relations with countries in our region is important for political and economic benefits. But this unconditional love and sacrifice for Middle Eastern people will take us Pakistanis nowhere. It will gain us nothing and will only bring us losses.
As an example, Pakistan supported the Arabs during the Arab-Israeli wars and sold Iran missiles to aim at Israel.

Israel has been (probably in retaliation) selling India sophisticated weapons technology and actively been training Indian troops in Kashmir. Had Pakistan stayed out of other peoples conflicts, Israel might not have sided with India
Even in 2005-2006, Pakistan's government gave three million dollars to the Palestinian authority when there are millions of Pakistanis sitting on the streets starving and living in worse conditions then many Palestinians.

This money could have gone to improve living conditions for Pakistanis at home or even gone to Pakistani workers in Gulf countries who go unpaid for months and rely on bank loans to survive. Some even commit suicide to escape the unbearable slave-like conditions created by their greedy Arab employees.

Somewhere this inferiority complex towards Middle Eastern people has to stop if Pakistan is to progress as a nation.

-
Could not agree more with author - Pakistan and India combined have a rich culture and history but Pakistanis don't recognize that culture except for a bunch of people who invaded India and Indian blood was used by these invaders (Pakistanis too as Pakistanis were Indians back then).Instead of disliking the invaders Pakistanis think they were so some sort of hero.Pakistanis have no respect for their culture.They believe Arabian culture is their culture where as the Indic Pak Culture is far more beautiful and rich.

Well I hate to say this but it is a fact. I agree with your post with respect to arabs. Yeah don't agree with regards to India or Indians.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
well aren't you a hypocrite!
You're fascinated with Iran and obsessed with hating Iran! You're the same as the Pakistani that likes to suck up "to the Middle Easterners." lol

Obsession is the same. Take your own advice, focus on your own country.

I really don't understand this never-ending struggle to be accepted as one of the Arabs...I me...what has Arabs achieved .....all they have is crude....and all they do is spend the money they make form the crude.....

What was the last great invention done by an Arab brain.....

I really don't understand this never-ending struggle to be accepted as one of the Arabs...I me...what has Arabs achieved .....all they have is crude....and all they do is spend the money they make form the crude.....

What was the last great invention done by an Arab brain.....

Jābir ibn Hayyān (Geber), the "father of chemistry", invented the alembic still and many chemicals, including distilled alcohol, and established the perfume industry.

Muhammad ibn Zakariya ar-Razi (Rhazes) isolated many chemical substances, produced many medications, and described many laboratory apparatus.

Inventions in medieval Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: opz
Again.....the glorious past...... oh so glorious past...

Tell me whats recent.....Imported Infra....imported cars...imported values.......imported police....imported ...well almost everything other than importing wives........whats their own.....

☪☪☪☪;962154 said:

-

Good article

☪☪☪☪;962154 said:

i don't agree with the above statement having lived in middle east for most of my life we as Pakistanis living in this part of the world have not adopted to Arab culture and are still proud of our own culture and are following it. I really don't know how u came to this conclusion. if ur referring to like few people wearing Arab dress to as adopting to their culture than we are also wearing jeans will that also come under the category of adopting western culture?.

Tell me whats recent.....Imported Infra....imported cars...imported values.......imported police....imported ...well almost everything other than importing wives........whats their own.....

A same case is and can be made against every one even the mighty USA. So whats your point, you past in a way defines your present. And what the Arabs are facing today is because of the fact that they didn't exploit the gains of their past, and rather chose to become what they had become. But the reality is that modern science owes its existence in a large part to the exploits of those Muslims scientists, majority of whom were based in Baghdad, and around. And also Europe owes its enlightenment to the Andalusian s. And if you hate the lazy Arabs so much why does your own gov sucks up to them so much, and why so many indian chose to live there. For the money that is send back to india and that in a way helps your economy. So its better to be rather careful when choosing ones words, blind criticism in not always good.

Last edited:

just for ur info the Arabs have imported a lot of wives from Hyderabad India :cheesy:

i guess the inventions in past means nothing to you?? from where all these new inventions were born .....
:wave:

We Pakistanis are a mixture of different ethnicities , races , language groups and sects (ignoring minorities for a minute) of Islam . While the area along our eastern border has cultural,linguistic and ethnic similarity with India our western frontier is very different and shares these features with our western neighbours . Given our short history it was/is very imporatant to have Islam as a binding force , Urdu (which has words from Arabic /turkish/persian like other Pakistani native languages) as a national language and not Punjabi or any other native language , Also M A Jinnah as a leader who himself migrated and so he wasn't punjabi/pathan or sindhi/Balochi himself . If you take out Islam from Pakistan then what do a Pathan and Sindhi share in common...nothing so Islam is the skeleton of Pakistan ... wether an individual likes it or not ...and because Islam is so important to Pakistan speaking for poor palestinians naturally strikes the cord in the Pakistani populace .
Also please don't forget if alot of Pakistanis are suffering in oil rich Arab states alot of Pakistanis are very prosperous as well , its may also be down to individual's circumstances . Also please don't forget Saudi money was used in building our nuclear infrastructure as well , we could never do it alone . I have been abroad and I have seen respect that a few arabian friends gave me ... 'They see and believe because Pakistan has nuclear weapons we can face Israel' ... while it may be a few individuals wish but that is the general perception and many of them criticised especially Saudi Arabia for their lavish spendings while Palestinians suffer.

I don't know what hatred the thread starter has for Arabs ... may be one article should have been about those who are mad trying to suck up to the west. I have many friends and relatives who have been to arab countries and they all are really happy. Atleast Arabs don't ask us to get nude on the airports for security reasons.

☪☪☪☪;962154 said:

Today's Pakistan in the Indus region once hosted one of the oldest civilization in the world. Our language is an Indo-European language in contrast to Semitic Arabs. To my view , Arab language and culture was forcefully imposed upon us as the British invaders did. Today , we even lost our indigenous alphabet.

Each to their own, we have those who want to be close to and emulate the Arabs, then we have those who want to emulate the west, in the middle of this farce it is the average Pakistani who stands puzzled.

What i don't understand is, why don't Asian's want to emulate Asians? I mean there are brilliant examples right next door and further eastward! In my personal opinion i think certain segments of Pakistan are a bit like post war Japan.

Still searching for their own identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom