What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Having 10 erieye and 4 ke03 makes paf aewcs fleet one of the most potent in the world with very high aew density only matched by very few countries

Indeed a good news

What I think paf need is to increase it's number of da20 type platform to around 20 or so to support parallel operations. This is a electronic warfare world . Lastly o think paf needs additional air refulers. May be 4 more to support full fleet of jf17 and modernized mirages .

Having 10 erieye and 4 ke03 makes paf aewcs fleet one of the most potent in the world with very high aew density only matched by very few countries

Indeed a good news

What I think paf need is to increase it's number of da20 type platform to around 20 or so to support parallel operations. This is a electronic warfare world . Lastly o think paf needs additional air refulers. May be 4 more to support full fleet of jf17 and modernized mirages .
We are poor country you forget

Yessir, would put us at 10 orders, i cant remember how many actually operational, i think 8?

There isnt alot of information on Link 17, however yeah we use both standards, i think Link 17 is shared between the JF-17 and the Mirage's and then of course, we have Link 16 on our F-16's which all are able to datalink with the Erieye all fine :)
What about ZkD of PAF, which datalink thay work actually i think link 17 is also work on them additional offcouase no link 16.
What are there basic datalink on which thay work, ?
Di thay support NDL of Pakistan

If i am not wrong we have only 2 D20 for EW which took major role on 27 feb, do Pakistan have plan to increase there numbers too or add some alternative plane is thay dedicated role in future?

agreed but I think you missed the part where the SAAB representative talk about the addition of EW with Erieye ....
View attachment 634912
View attachment 634913

So it officially confirms that Little bump under the belly of PAF Erieye is for Ground Surveillance. Ever since Wajahat S Khan show revealed the Erieye bump and subsequent pics showed the bump as well , it was known unofficially that Repaired SAAB's has been retrofitted with new capability. So we can say now that After the repair, Pakistan went for the incremental upgrades of not only repaired Erieyes but the sole Survived Erieye has also been upgraded. Whether EW element has been added in addition to Ground Surveillance? That remains to be seen.

What about ZkD of PAF, which datalink thay work actually i think link 17 is also work on them additional offcouase no link 16.
What are there basic datalink on which thay work, ?
Di thay support NDL of Pakistan

If i am not wrong we have only 2 D20 for EW which took major role on 27 feb, do Pakistan have plan to increase there numbers too or add some alternative plane is thay dedicated role in future?

Im pretty sure the ZDK's will only support link 17 or whatever Chinese standard there is.

Yeah, we only have 3 D20's, however, the Erieye's do have a potent EW suite so in theory they can be used in a supporting role but we will more than likely see the PAF induct the Havasoj eventually, i see that as being the best option and probably the only option, its more a matter of when however.

Last edited:
So it officially confirms that Little bump under the belly of PAF Erieye is for Ground Surveillance. Ever since Wajahat S Khan show revealed the Erieye bump and subsequent pics showed the bump as well , it was known unofficially that Repaired SAAB's has been retrofitted with new capability. So we can say now that After the repair, Pakistan went for the incremental upgrades of not only repaired Erieyes but the sole Survived Erieye has also been upgraded. Whether EW element has been added in addition to Ground Surveillance? That remains to be seen.
exactly my understanding is same ....

News has made it to mainstream Swedish media now (https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/...bestallning-till-pakistan-eller-saudi-arabien).

"Uppgift: Saabs nya hemliga miljardorder till Pakistan eller Saudiarabien" translation "Latest: Saabs new secret billion (kr) order is from Pakistan or Saudi Arabia"

I hope it is Pakistan. It maybe lessons learnt from the Feb 2019 incident and the need to have a stronger air arm as India will always attempt to escalate via the airforce first and that is where Pakistan needs to have supremacy over the IAF. It also highlights the network centric warefare capabilities of PAF being taken to the next level.

Last edited:
I hope it is Pakistan. It maybe lessons learnt from the Feb 2019 incident and the need to have a stronger air arm as India will always attempt to escalate via the airforce first and that is where Pakistan needs to have supremacy over the IAF. It also highlights the network centric warefare capabilities of PAF being taken to the next level.

Just realised, with 10 planes I think that will make Pakistan a Erieye fleet larger then all other used combined!

Im pretty sure the ZDK's will only support link 17 or whatever Chinese standard there is.

Yeah, we only have two D20's, however, the Erieye's do have a potent EW suite so in theory they can be used in a supporting role but we will more than likely see the PAF induct the Havasoj eventually, i see that as being the best option and probably the only option, its more a matter of when however.
Hi PAF got 3 D20 which been proved by the senior member with their pictures & names
Just a small info hope you will edit that in your nice post
Thank you

Yeah, we only have 3 D20's, however, the Erieye's do have a potent EW suite so in theory they can be used in a supporting role but we will more than likely see the PAF induct the Havasoj eventually, i see that as being the best option and probably the only option, its more a matter of when however.
Havasoj is i think turkish project, how you think Pakistan going to accure it, no news or interest show by Pakistan and i think its still in its testing phase, i think you may have some lead if you r saying so

Hi PAF got 3 D20 which been proved by the senior member with their pictures & names
Just a small info hope you will edit that in your nice post
Thank you
Is 3 D20 are enough for now ?

Does anyone know whether such a statement was realeased by SAAB regarding the 3 Erieye radars we bought in 2016 or 2017???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom