What's new

Pakistan's Automotive industry produces int’l brands

Some where in 80's Japan introduced the concept of aseembling cars in Pakistan , the Pakistani 50% owners simply got the cut in PROFITS by Japanese who said use our engineering and our research and development

Instead of hiring Pakistani Engineers, and Artist and designers , all good quality engineering jobs were not created in Pakistan
Instead what we got was , low quality assembly jobs , where private workers were hired.

Pakistan need to mobalize its local Auto Industry with 95% parts made in Pakistan

Some where in 80's Japan introduced the concept of aseembling cars in Pakistan , the Pakistani 50% owners simply got the cut in PROFITS by Japanese who said use our engineering and our research and development

Instead of hiring Pakistani Engineers, and Artist and designers , all good quality engineering jobs were not created in Pakistan
Instead what we got was , low quality assembly jobs , where private workers were hired.

Pakistan need to mobalize its local Auto Industry with 95% parts made in Pakistan
Well first of all does Pakistan has a company that can compete with the japs and koreans. Did Pakistan govt ever let Pakistani companies grow?? If not how you expect that to happen. Pakistan needs its indegineous companies to achieve what you say.

India invited japs in 1970, buy along with that govt supported India companies and today TATA and Mahindra etc. Today Indian companies go around buying companies in Japan, Korea and US on our terms. AUDI, Toyota, GM all have their research and development centres in India.

Pakistan will never be able to achieve this because how far a company can a country go with idiots leading on the top jobs. Learn from Iran and India, how both developed their car industries who can now compete and destroy foreign companies.

We need to overhaul these "ASSEMBLY plants" and MAKE THEM HIRE .. Pakistani Engineers who end up working for BMW , MERCEDEZ etc

Need Pakistani Brand and Cheap brand , with quality and design

180 Million customers in Pakistan

We need to overhaul these "ASSEMBLY plants" and MAKE THEM HIRE .. Pakistani Engineers who end up working for BMW , MERCEDEZ etc
Need Pakistani Brand and Cheap brand , with quality and design
180 Million customers in Pakistan
180 million is total population of Pakistan. You want all people to have one ? Can all afford one ? Ever heard of Market Potential ?

We had that in Adam motors, but our corrupt mafia government would not support them and they went under.

Pakistani auto industry is run by a mafia that keeps competition away which is why a 30 year old piece of junk is the most popular car there.

The other is the fact that no one feels pride in buying something that is 'local'. This is the honest response i can give. Seriously i love the China model of copying as it at least helps grow their industry and keeps the market competitive. To worse things on our side, thank Musharraf for making a call to import cars worth $5 billion annually

The other is the fact that no one feels pride in buying something that is 'local'. This is the honest response i can give. Seriously i love the China model of copying as it at least helps grow their industry and keeps the market competitive. To worse things on our side, thank Musharraf for making a call to import cars worth $5 billion annually

I don't blame them.
True story, I absolutly love Yan Yans
17240-meiji-yan-yan-choco-dip-lg.jpg

I went to a bakery in Pakistan and they had Yan Yans made in Pakistan and ones made in Singapore (same company, same everything, only diff was where they were made), the ones made in Pakistan tasted like someone took 2 year old cookies and covered them in black paint.

Point being that if Pakistani industry actually produced good quality, people would buy them.
Instead they are trying their best to reach the bottom of the quality ladder.

the only firm in pakistan that manufacture on their own is heavy industry taxila
and HIT never produce commercial use car etc :D

Even if someone started building cars again in Pakistan, most of us wouldn't even think of buying a local car. All of us burger-log want imported items from cars to underwear.

Heck, we got rid of our traditional bun-kababs for McDonald's.
Bun-kababs are now something of a novelty to remind us of the good days.

--
@AZADPAKISTAN2009 is right. We need to turn Assembly plants into manufacturing ones even if it's just licensed ones.
Let us learn to walk first and then run.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are just Assembly plants of foreign automotive companies. Only Pakistani car company was/is Adam Motors which was not supported by govt.
adam-revo-03.jpg

472668d1143374280-adam-zabardast-quite-similar-nissan-jonga-adam_zabardast_2005_006_hkvo_t1j_pakwheels-com-.jpg

Adam Revo could give tough time to it's competitor Mehran.

Pakistan can actually do a lot better.

Our automobile policy need to be revamped. This industry is a backbone of engineering industry in the country so it must be fully gear towards production and export. There is no point in having a few assemblers assembling vehicles and falling behind on targets they committed with the government.

Just wanted to know do you have any tyre companies in Pakistan for these trucks and tractors or you import them.

Even if someone started building cars again in Pakistan, most of us wouldn't even think of buying a local car. All of us burger-log want imported items from cars to underwear.

Heck, we got rid of our traditional bun-kababs for McDonald's.
Bun-kababs are now something of a novelty to remind us of the good days.

--
@AZADPAKISTAN2009 is right. We need to turn Assembly plants into manufacturing ones even if it's just licensed ones.
Let us learn to walk first and then run.

Gotta agree... where are the bun kabab's going. I like them so much but haven't had them for months! A new trend here in Karachi is Pizza. Every other new pizza store is opening up

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta agree... where are the bun kabab's going. I like them so much but haven't had them for months! A new trend here in Karachi is Pizza. Every other new pizza store is opening up

We've focused on the little things like food and clothes but forgot to learn about the important things like innovation and entrepreneurship. We rely on importing even those basic things which we can develop ourselves. Cars are just one example in a long list.

-----

Bun kababs... hmmm. If you happen to go to North Karachi, visit Nagan. There's a good stall near Bobby Paan Shop, inside from the main street on Qureshi Kababs corner.

Btw, "Pizza Wings" isn't bad you know. Rs.900 for a regular.

Good to hear that... I recently bought a motorcycle :D

1 litre main 80 kilometer chalay :rofl:

but don't think it would give me even 50 km per litre?

Ghar main pehle 2 motorcycles kharay thay but both of them weren't working so... :D

Back
Top Bottom