What's new

Pakistan’s latest weapon from China — state-of-the-art ‘nuclear-capable’ SH-15 howitzer

I would look unprofessional if i stuck with this in a thread with hardcore seniors so pleaseeee:lol:.I would prefer full details of even calibre.If you can give a link where it is explained it would be cool too.

155 mms is internal diameter of the barrel
52 is the barrel length

Do you understand now?

IMG_20181201_231734.png

need some help from you bro since you are always helpful.I need to understand some complex military language.Can you explain in simple words like: calibre? from what i understand it refers to diameter of bullet but what it means when someone says: 52x155mm? Thanks
calibre of Howitzer & gun/rifle are different.
For howitze 52/155mm means its can fire a shell of 155mm dia, and howitzer barrel length will be 155 multiplied by 52.

Last edited:
calibre of Howitzer & gun/rifle are different.
For howitze 52/155mm means its can fire a shell of 155mm dia, and howitzer barrel length will be 155 multiplied by 39.
it's coming around 614cm 15mmx39 which is far too big bro.Can a barrel length be this big?

it's coming around 614cm 15mmx39 which is far too big bro.Can a barrel length be this big?
For example in How M198 Cal 39 would mean that the barrel length can fit 39 (barrel diameters) in them placed side to side.
It's kinda hard to explain in words....
It's kinda the new standard for measuring arty weapons.
It mean M 198 barrel is roughly 6090 mm and it's calibre is 155mm so 6090/155= 39ish so its a 39 Cal weapon.
https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Calibre_bore_length_gdl.png#mw-jump-to-license

For example in How M198 Cal 39 would mean that the barrel length can fit 39 (barrel diameters) in them placed side to side.
It's kinda hard to explain in words....
It's kinda the new standard for measuring arty weapons.
It mean M 198 barrel is roughly 6090 mm and it's calibre is 155mm so 6090/155= 39ish so its a 39 Cal weapon.
https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Calibre_bore_length_gdl.png#mw-jump-to-license
I appreciate all of your efforts but this is a little hard to explain.

need some help from you bro since you are always helpful.I need to understand some complex military language.Can you explain in simple words like: calibre? from what i understand it refers to diameter of bullet but what it means when someone says: 52x155mm? Thanks
155 mm is bore size. 155X52 is barrel length. I.e around 8 meters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom