What's new

Pakistan's Own hypersonic engine Designed by Dr.Shoaib

Falcon34

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Good development
@arslank03 just an effort by Researchers or actually a government funded program?
These things are expensive so I think it's a fully funded project by Government or directly by Military.

"To conduct this demonstration and experimental investigation Dr. Sohaib Khan along with his university supervisor and team, designed, locally developed & manufactured, and conducted hot static test fires of supersonic combustion jet engines in June 2022.

A total of six hot static test firings were performed, each with a duration of approximately 25 +/- 5 seconds. These tests served to reaffirm the validity of various design and technical parameters."

His profile on LinkedIn:
Screenshot_20230922_081904.jpg

I also like to meet new people over a cup of tea. If you're passionate about "High-Speed Air Breathing Engines, Space Propulsion, and Flight Dynamics Modeling", Feel free to reach out and Inbox me.

Attachments

• Color-The-Dictator-Paramount-Pictures_WEB1.jpg
    Color-The-Dictator-Paramount-Pictures_WEB1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 64
This is a good news. SPD and SUPARCO would be happy.

I just hope this isn't one of those water-powered car inventions. Hopefully some expert here can let us know if this is the real deal.
I've worked on some scramjet projects as a controls engineer (so I'm not a propulsion engineer) but that experience taught me how ridiculously difficult it is to maintain supersonic combustion. It may be that this guy has single handedly done what nations like the USA are struggling with but I would remain skeptical unless I see some details - any details whatsoever. Furthermore, the picture that we see, looks like a flameout - not even a rocket engine.
1695357657478.png

The exhaust plume doesn't even look supersonic (no shock diamonds), which it is even for rocket engines.

This is what a firing scramjet looks like:
1695357534696.jpeg

The picture in the news articles doesn't even look like a successful rocket engine, let alone scramjet.

So I am going to remain skeptical.

EDIT: Also a SCRAMjet by definition requires supersonic flow through it, which usually requires a very special supersonic wind tunnel to even start a SCRAMjet. I see no such wind tunnel here, obviously.

Last edited:
His profile on LinkedIn:
View attachment 955199
I also like to meet new people over a cup of tea. If you're passionate about "High-Speed Air Breathing Engines, Space Propulsion, and Flight Dynamics Modeling", Feel free to reach out and Inbox me.

He should leave the failed state of Faujistan right now. This is a hopeless land.

Is he stupid or something to stay in Pakistan...

So they're essentially saying that this flimsy contraption, installed on a rooftop in the open air, is supposed to be something like a tech demonstrator for a Scramjet?

To start and maintain supersonic combustion, either the scramjet itself has to be moving through the air at hypersonic speeds (roughly around Mach 5+), or air has to be moving through a static scramjet at hypersonic speeds. This is why testing a scramjet engine requires extremely expensive hypersonic test chambers or launch vehicles (for e.g. solid rocket boosters).

Talk about a gradual technology progression - this country hasn't even developed a simple open-cycle liquid-fuelled engine for an average MRBM/IRBM. The knowledge and most importantly, the EXPERIENCE for this sort of work doesn't simply exist in Pakistan. This fact makes this 'breakthrough' increasingly look like farce.

I've worked on some scramjet projects as a controls engineer (so I'm not a propulsion engineer) but that experience taught me how ridiculously difficult it is to maintain supersonic combustion. It may be that this guy has single handedly done what nations like the USA are struggling with but I would remain skeptical unless I see some details - any details whatsoever. Furthermore, the picture that we see, looks like a flameout - not even a rocket engine.
View attachment 955211
The exhaust plume doesn't even look supersonic (no shock diamonds), which it is even for rocket engines.

View attachment 955209
The picture in the news articles doesn't even look like a successful rocket engine, let alone scramjet.

EDIT: Also a SCRAMjet by definition requires supersonic flow through it, which usually requires a very special supersonic wind tunnel to even start a SCRAMjet. I see no such wind tunnel here, obviously.
While other countries have elite academics/scientists/researchers, we have the unfortunate distinction of having the modern-day equivalents of charlatans, witch doctors, and alchemists.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for whatever this is. For all my optimism, I would say there's a very high chance of this being a simple case of bad science that we're all too familiar with in Pakistan.

View attachment 955211

View attachment 955209

My thoughts too.
how does that setup tell you its a "super sonic combustion"?
they dont seem to be measuring any wind velocity relative to the fuel/machine.

Back
Top Bottom