What's new

Pakistan's P-3C vs. India's P-8I :: India, Pakistan and the Naval Balance

su30mki.............We have F16 C/D and BVR and plus JF17 Thunder with its own BVR 4 BLOCK 2 JF17 Thunder not forgeting our stock of 1 Million Stinger Missiles
vikramaditya......Newly imported Anti Aircraft carrier Killers even if you had 500 aircraft carriers same result
tejas...................K-8 armed
arjun...................Khalid 1 was already enough now we have Khalid 2
brahmos.............Have I mentioned our Air De-fences

Bull shit

You do realize that we have So many shoulder held missiles for traditional 4th generation fighters
and make these real cheap locally

Lets not go down to the level of strip searching a lady diplomat but some folks forget that and still pretend

You do realize that we have So many shoulder held missiles for traditional 4th generation fighters
what can u do with shoulder fired SAMs when they cant reach to enemy aircrafts altitrude ;) or range for that matter + all your sams are infra red guidedand that too of ancient standards which can very easily be blineded and confused with latest elektroniks warfare suite , chaffs and flairs on all of indian offensive aircrafts + please care to tell me how will they be able to hunt something like P8i which flies almost twice the flight cieling of your shoulder fired SAMs ;)

Lets not go down to the level of strip searching a lady diplomat but some folks forget that and still pretend
wow what a twist i wonder when you are going to bring more poor than sub saharan africa and dirty toilets & rapes to this discussion ;)

These versus threads:disagree:my dick is bigger than yours when will we southasians ever come out of this mentality. India has more money so naturally they are going with the new advanced version of the plane. Pakistan on the other hand thinks its needs are met with P-3c Orions and does not need to invest more money just for the sake of it. Both are right in their respective choice and if Pakistan had more money, who knows we might too be replacing our Orions with P-8 but for now this is the luxury we cannot afford.

Finally a mature post in this thread...hats off to you sir!

Bla bla bla. A fake superpower got deterred by international pressure? LOL
Kargil? India deterred? Pakistan went all the way in India, killed hundreds, caught India off guard, lost none of it's own territory, while India ran out of it's 155mm shells, got two of it's migs shot down and called it a victory. Nice. Only India can do it.

Yea, the threat of MAD keeps the likes of your in your senses.
This is a joke right?

What kind of revisionist history is this? Kargil was a victory for Pakistan, are you serious? It was a humiliating defeat that achieved NOTHING but the deaths of hundreds of brave men on both sides but at least the Indian soldiers died protecting their nation- your soldiers weren't even claimed as Pakistanis and your leadership was even twisted enough to deny their repatriation.

Anyway back to the topic. The P-8I vs P-3C debate is silly not only is only is one the clear successor to the other but what is the use in only comparing MPAs? If the situation was reversed and the P-8 was in the hand of the PN and the P-3C in the hands of the IN, would the PN suddenly be the superior fighting force? No, of course not. It is about the entire range of capabilities possessed by both navies and the induction of the P-8I is simply a further extension of the IN's superiority over the PN ACROSS THE BOARD.

Something this flimsy article has noticeably omitted is the IN acquiring its own dedicated communication satellite (GSAT-7) now THIS is a real game changer and the P-8I perfectly fits into the IN's new Net Centric Warfare (NCW) doctrine wherein all their assets (airborne, surface, sub-surface and shore-based) are linked in real time passing on information and vital data do the PN have anything like this? We all know the answer.....

P8 is no contest even our F7 can knock it out or heck even a armed K-8
Thanks for stating the obvious there....

You know a 1940s Spitfire could probably do the same job- should I be impressed by them?

How do you think these planes are going to get anywhere a P-8I? Keep fantasizing about the IN letting any PAF plane within 200KM of a P-8I.

We have Tripple Punch vs Enemy
a) OHP frigate 1 , and 3 arriving
b) Anti Submarine Helicopters
c) P3Orions 11-13+
And you think the IN ONLY has P-8Is to deal with their own sub-surface threats? Dream on, for all three the IN has a comparative system and in all 3 cases the system the IN uses is superior. Anyway, as I said- it is pointless comparing system for system, one needs to look at the IN and PN holistically and on every level the IN has the PN beat- this is an irrefutable truth stop trying to break hairs.

P3Orion is used by major Navies of world and its sufficient for Tracking Submarines and its intended use is enough for Pakistan
Don't excuse many navies still using the P-3 for an acceptance that is superior to the P-8, rather very few navies in the world can afford the $200+ million P-8. Most navies (the PN included) would rate the P-8 superior to what they fly and would pick it in a heartbeat- funds not being an issue.

Not true, or maybe i am being naive. The main advantage of P-8s are it's range. Talking from Pakistani perspective, they have smaller coastline to defend, and P-3 Orions can be upgraded with more or less similar sensor suites like P-8s.
Not true at all.

Wow,
Do you know the process of testing and validation an aircraft has to go through to be selected in major Armed forces like USN or IN?
In short- no. He has no idea or simply choses to ignore such facts.

hahaha :lol: :lol:
one more logic...........
su30mki.............jf17 enough
vikramaditya......jf17 enough
tejas...................jf17 enough
arjun...................jf17 enough
brahmos.............jf17 enough
Why not? It's not like they have many other assets to laud.

Last edited:
Wow.... we are really going there are we?

a few points mate

1) India was able to get that diplomat returned to India after this had been initially ruled out by the US authorities- says a lot about the pressure the GoI was able to apply to the USG. Now tell me exactly where is the infamous Mr Rayound Davis? Exactly.

2) What has that incident got to do with anything?

3) Same point as number 2

4) If Pakistan "has" uncle sam, has these superior relations with the US etc where was the two day summit between Obama and Nawaz Sharif after the General Assembly? Hmmm??

5) What have your closer relations with the US vis a vis India got you? Have they got the US to offer Pakistan AESA radars (something the US offered to India)? Have you been able to use all that pull you have with the US to derail a single US military sale to India (something India has been able to do with France and such sales to Pakistan)? Has the US offered to co-delvop cutting edge kit with your industry (something they have offered India)?

Please answer all of the above or don't bother quoting me at all.

Great!!!

Now explain to me exactly how this affects anything? Tell me how a shoulder-fired SAM is going to touch a LRMPA flying at high altitude hundreds of kilometres away from your shores.

You understand what a MPA is and how they are used, correct?

Let us not derail a wonderful thread and lets just focus on P8 vs P3 Orions
Says the guy who has brought in the Khobragade Visa affair and the fact that Pakistan posses shoulder-fired SAMs in large numbers into this discussion?

I would LOVE it if for once you guys kept to a discussion based purely on technical criteria.

Last edited:
I think PN should request more P-3Cs from USN and PN should accept as much P-3Cs as possible from US and other users with US approval.

Well if you have 2 swords one is single edge and other is double edge people forget that you can still fight and kill with single edge sword

su30mki.............We have F16 C/D and BVR and plus JF17 Thunder with its own BVR 4 BLOCK 2 JF17 Thunder not forgeting our stock of 1 Million Stinger Missiles

vikramaditya......Newly imported Anti Aircraft carrier Killers even if you had 500 aircraft carriers same result
tejas...................K-8 armed
arjun...................Khalid 1 was already enough now we have Khalid 2
brahmos.............Have I mentioned our Air De-fences

Bro, the carriers dont run alone, it calls Carrier Battle Groups, And please give me the details of your carrier killer. Please.

Back
Top Bottom