What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Plz keep in mind Belarus... and guess what we can get through belarus

I loved my original Type 56 so much. The Type 56-II variant being made by us comes nowhere near the Chinese Type 56.

I would love to go anywhere with the original Chinese Type 56.
What are the issues? And why POF is not capable enough to get the technology for such a simple rifle from China?

The metallurgy for making guns is reasonably simple. Even small countries like UAE, Singapore and Israel have been making and exporting their guns for decades.

The main problem is POF is incompetently run. And Pak lacks metallurgists working on guns, and a general weakness in metallurgy.

The key is heat treatment of the guns post manufacture. The steal isn't something high tech. It is the heat treatment that gives the added strength. It takes hours to make a gun but days and sometimes weaks of heat treatment to get the barrels to the highest level of strength.

The reason the Chinese made good guns before in the type 56 and now make rubbish is because that huge extra time in heat treatment is were they took a short cut.

I have to explain these baby issues because understanding of metallurgy is extremely poor in the Muslim world in general.
@PanzerKiel

The metallurgy for making guns is reasonably simple. Even small countries like UAE, Singapore and Israel have been making and exporting their guns for decades.

The main problem is POF is incompetently run. And Pak lacks metallurgists working on guns, and a general weakness in metallurgy.

The key is heat treatment of the guns post manufacture. The steal isn't something high tech. It is the heat treatment that gives the added strength. It takes hours to make a gun but days and sometimes weaks of heat treatment to get the barrels to the highest level of strength.

The reason the Chinese made good guns before in the type 56 and now make rubbish is because that huge extra time in heat treatment is were they took a short cut.

I have to explain these baby issues because understanding of metallurgy is extremely poor in the Muslim world in general.
@PanzerKiel
Amply highlighted dear. Metallurgy is the main problem with POF. One can get an idea from the fact that how many universities in Pakistan teach this very important subject.

Amply highlighted dear. Metallurgy is the main problem with POF. One can get an idea from the fact that how many universities in Pakistan teach this very important subject.

Very true. Not a single Pak university program in metallurgy is recognized abroad. However, AQ Khan is a metallurgist and there are at least two dozen other metallurgists with foreign degrees working with various state institutions... you may want to better utilize them.

University degrees aside, I know the basic formula of how to do heat treatment on guns... I can simply PM them to you. It's not rocket science, has been around for a hundred years or so... you will see really old quality guns even with the PA...

Also, dearest friend, even if you produce a hundred book-learned, rote learned metallurgists it is useless. You need people who actually know their stuff and can do them in the real world, not great memorizers and parrots.

If there are a Programm and interest, the requirement for this then I am available, I would even start now, just need the money, but I guess there is not really any interest for such things.

Last edited:
Sir I know the decision has been made. So when to expect the announcement or Rifle being revealed like VT 4.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom