What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Old picture, so no need to panic.

Proud Pakistan - Long live the anonymous hero

1620493820229.png

Sorry to say, but this is simply bad tactics, charging downwards on exposed hill. Two heli loads word of SSG troops should try to take the advantage away from the enemy, possibly by calling in airstrikes or artillery fire. Or, they should be armed with enough fire power to light up the enemy like a bonfire. Salute to the braves who laid down their lives and achieved Shahadah, but this is a shame on those who trained them and planned this mission. It is the duty of us, the ones left behind, to not let their sacrifice go in vain. We need to hold the planners accountable.

Sir, for many years, I too was critical of the strategy used in this op. But now, when I think, it was meant to be an adventure by Kashmiri Mujahideen and not Pakistan Army. Thus, at max, machine guns and probably an RPG were to be part of the op. Further, it was Indian territory; calling in airstrikes or artillery would have firstly made it clear that it is Pakistan Army engaging them instead of Mujahideen, and secondly, it would have escalated to a limited or full scale war, which our strategists were probably avoiding from the onset.

So the premise that Kashmiris would be staging an offensive, automatically placed limitations on the resources that could have been deployed.

This is just my own analysis and I could be wrong.

Sir, for many years, I too was critical of the strategy used in this op. But now, when I think, it was meant to be an adventure by Kashmiri Mujahideen and not Pakistan Army. Thus, at max, machine guns and probably an RPG were to be part of the op. Further, it was Indian territory; calling in airstrikes or artillery would have firstly made it clear that it is Pakistan Army engaging them instead of Mujahideen, and secondly, it would have escalated to a limited or full scale war, which our strategists were probably avoiding from the onset.

So the premise that Kashmiris would be staging an offensive, automatically placed limitations on the resources that could have been deployed.

This is just my own analysis and I could be wrong.

Just think over what you have written with a cool mind. On the one hand it was to be a Kashmiri Mujahadeen adventure, on the other hand two heli loads of Pakistani commandos were dropped without much supporting equipment and weaponry. What you are saying is that it is OK to sacrifice SSG operators like sacrificial lambs. And this is insanity. Every single SSG operator represents a huge investment by Pakistan in not just money, but time. His experience is unique and you can't throw it away on absolutely lost causes. Whoever ordered this mission is a cold blooded murderer. He should be court marshalled and tried for conniving with the enemy. The Indians would like nothing better than be able to say that common, pathetic soldiers of regular regiments shot and martyred an SSG operator. Think about this.

Remembering,
Captain Junaid Khan Tamgha-e-Basalat
47 Baloch / 6 Commando "Al-Samsaam" 11 May 2009 Khwazakhela, Swat Valley

1621044836838.png

Captain Najam Riaz Raja Tamgha-e-Basalat
1 Baloch / 6 Commando "Al-Samsaam" 11 May 2009 Khwazakhela, Swat Valley

1621044886246.png

never forgive, never forget. من جانبازم

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom