What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

blain, the injured comando in the picture you posted looked kind on in bad shape. i saw other pics of comandoes severely injured. do you know if these guys made it, or were the KIA injured operatives who later diceased in hospitals, or were they KIA during the operation.

Blain which photo are they talking about please can you show it to me. Thank you

What is the drop out rate for candidates joining the SSG?

The British SAS has like 95% and US Navy SEALs have like 70%...

heres the pic i was talking about, posted by blain
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7535...30272DFEBE15F0

SMT your link is not working.

Murad sahib, its my post 176 on this thread.

SMT I am not sure about the specifics of which operators died where. I am sure a few made the ultimate sacrifice at the location of the operation, others may have passed away in the hospital.

What is the drop out rate for candidates joining the SSG?

The British SAS has like 95% and US Navy SEALs have like 70%...

Well that is a hard number to peg. I don't want to pull a number out of my rear and make it really high just to make SSG sound more difficult than other SF outfits. I would say that given the tough physical regimen, the drop out rate would be pretty similar to others. The selection criteria is very tough. I do know of cases where PN sent about 100 or so sailors for SSG training (prior to setting up of SSG/N) and SSG sent back every single one of these guys back for various reasons.

Officers are put through the training in batches of 20 or so. In the end about 7-8 or the guys get their SSG wings. I would say the same ratio for non-officers as well. Induction is a tough thing to get through. Certain course have had only 5-6 inducted (at least this was the case with my acquaintances), other courses have had more. It just depends on the intake (pretty much the same deal as other SF units elsewhere in the world). I do know that those US Army officers who have seen the SSG training regimen rate it as very tough. Its been termed as a very "labour intensive" course by the US observers.

A colleague of mine, whose two cousins were in the LM as students, one walked out the first day and the second was captured last day, has revealed that many inside LM were killed by laser pointing guns. He said they would see a laser pointing at a person/militant and the next thing they would see was that person on the ground probably dead
Can any one confirm what range laser guns SSG have? Thanks

A colleague of mine, whose two cousins were in the LM as students, one walked out the first day and the second was captured last day, has revealed that many inside LM were killed by laser pointing guns. He said they would see a laser pointing at a person/militant and the next thing they would see was that person on the ground probably dead
Can any one confirm what range laser guns SSG have? Thanks

There is no laser gun as such, just laser gun sights/pointers for the MP-5s, M-4s etc. The range is usually around 50-150 yards.

how many times a year does the SSG hold their induction process?

the US Navy SEALs hold it 4 times a year while the British SAS twice a year

how many times a year does the SSG hold their induction process?

the US Navy SEALs hold it 4 times a year while the British SAS twice a year

Before the SSG was upgraded to a divisional command, it used to have two inductions per year. However with the formation of Special Operations School and expansion to 2 brigades (and later a 3rd one), I suspect either the number of candidates per course or the number of courses offered within the year would be increased. I am not sure what has been done as of late with regards to this.

well friends i live in peshawar and often goes to para TRG school of SSG. now a days there is a saudi company training here .

SSG (Army) and SSG(Navy) operators off to Turkey for Joint SF exercise "Jinnah V". Turks reciprocate by coming to Pakistan for the "Attaturk" series of exercises.

This is the first time operators from both SSG A & N are going to Turkey. Good example of "Jointedness"!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i123/blain2/20Aug1-2007.jpg

RAWALPINDI, August 20: A contingent comprising troops of Pakistan Army and Navy left here today for Turkey to participate in Pakistan – Turkey Joint Special Services Group Exercise Jinnah-V. The Exercise will begin tomorrow.
The ten days long exercises is aimed at developing a better understanding among participating troops from both side, benefit from each other’s experiences and carryout hands on training under challenging conditions. Participating troops would practice air assault and anti terrorist operations during day and night.
It may be mentioned that Pakistan – Turkey joint exercises are a regular feature which reflects the close relationship between the two brotherly countries and their Armed Forces. Last year exercises were held in Pakistan.
Earlier, Brigadier Muhammad Ibrahim saw off the Pakistan contingent at PAF Base Chaklala.

Does anyone have a picture of Lt. Col Haroon Islam after he got killed ??

There was also a picture of that Takfiri Abdul Rasheed Ghazi,

why not Lt Col Haroon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom