What's new

Parvez Elahi appointed PTI president

Sal12

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Parvez Elahi was appointed as the president of the PTI on Tuesday, cementing his split with his former party, the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q).

“Chaudhry Parvez Elahi, who has stood firm with Chairman Imran [Khan] and PTI since the regime change, has been appointed as the president of PTI. Notification released!” the party said via its official Twitter account while sharing the notification.

PTI Senior Vice President Fawad Chaudhry met Elahi on Imran’s instructions and presented him with the notification while congratulating him on becoming the party president.

Elahi said he was “grateful” for the trust reposed in him by Imran, adding that he would continue to stand by him and strive to uphold the Constitution and the law.

Elahi’s son Moonis Elahi also thanked the PTI chairman and said: “God willing we will not let you down.”

Parvez had last month announced his joining the PTI along with ten other former PML-Q MPAs.

Parvez had said he had always stood with Imran during “hard and testing times”.

“Parvez Elahi is quitting the PML-Q and is joining the PTI,” Chaudhry had confirmed.

Differences in PML-Q ranks​

Differences in the PML-Q ranks first appeared in March last year around the time of the no-confidence motion against Imran as Parvez and Moonis Elahi entered the PTI camp while Shujaat joined the then-opposition.

The same split was witnessed in July’s Punjab chief minister election saga as Shujaat supported the candidature of PML-N’s Hamza Shehbaz instead of Parvez.

Amid a widening rift between the Chaudhrys of Gujrat, Shujaat had extended an olive branch in August to Parvez, asking him to put an end to differences.

The PML-Q leader had talked in detail about the reasons that led to discord between him and Parvez. He, however, had called for the reunion of the party that split into two camps following the rift over the election of the Punjab CM.

Another big mistake by IK. IK would have become next Quaid had God given him a brain.

Anyone who has a problem with Quad i Tehreek Niazi is free to make his/her own party.

PTI is actually in a weak position politically as all institutions are being controlled by those who oppose them, so alliances like this is expected. Maybe IK will realise the reality of Pak politics better now and he can temper his idealism to move forward. Now I don't know how corrupt these guys are but if they were part of pml then you can expect dirty politics were played before.

However, I understand why he was given the post.
I don't. This is the time when IK least needs any such opportunistic characters on his side. There was no need to make a deal with the devil.

Not a good decision. It should be an Intra party election and decision based on that.
Seriously... what kinda party is PTI which some Lota guy can join and become the president within a month without any intra party elections?

Seriously... what kinda party is PTI which some Lota guy can join and become the president within a month without any intra party elections?
Correction: only 2 weeks.

He joined PTI on 21st Feb and became president on 7th March.

I don't like this. There were more deserving people who should have gotten the position.

However, I understand why he was given the post.
Pervaiz Elahi said he was too much under pressure last few weeks to join PMLN by who .... you know well ... I think Monis Elahi will be next CM candidate for Punjab if PTI wins.... otherwise PDM and mullah Diesel scared to callin general elections.

Pervaiz Elahi said he was too much under pressure last few weeks to join PMLN by who .... you know well ...
So? What's new about that? He didn't stick with IK out of the goodness of his heart. Just give the guy a few seats and that's it.

This shit is embarrassing. First time in last 10 months, patwaris are having a go at us and they are right for once.

Last edited:
So? What's new about that? He didn't stick with IK out of the goodness of his heart. Just give the guy a few seats and that's it.

All about his son. He is almost 80, not much time left to redo his party future when his son asked for new political recognition.

All about his son. He is almost 80, not much time left to redo his party future when his son asked for new political recognition.
Why not give his son some position. That would be a bit more palatable. Pervez Ilahi had been running his mouth against IK too. Insafians were not a big fan of that. Regardless of any backstabbing pervez ilahi may or may not do in the future, the biggest dent to IK is the bad optics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom