What's new

PA's New Haider MBT is the T99A- Type 99 MBT

At ideas 2018 they introduced ak1 and provided update on ak2 so not sure where is this t-90 coming from?

Haris Khan PDF pakistan in talks with Russia for 400 T90S tanks and 15 Mi35 Helicopter no oplot P according to him maybe to current T84 tanks upgraded to oplot standards. So T90S would be our new tanks Ak1and Ak2 probably going to shelf.
I been following Haris for 18yrs usually he corrects if circumstances not changed. Looks like we going big with Russian hardware.
Commonilty of weapons between pak India he believes won't make big difference alot of equipment which both countries use like Mig21 F7 or Harpoons over p3 or P8.
He's not always correct, has been wrong a few times also. Isn't he the one who was stating not too long ago that PN would turn into a coastal navy soon as it wasn't getting any new surface vessels etc. etc. Can we say that is the case today?

Regarding T-90 there have been reports about it for some time now so this is not the first we are hearing of it, only time will tell if it happens or not. And it's a no brainer that that would not be good news for Al Khalid.

He's not always correct, has been wrong a few times also. Isn't he the one who was stating not too long ago that PN would turn into a coastal navy soon as it wasn't getting any new surface vessels etc. etc. Can we say that is the case today?

Regarding T-90 there have been reports about it for some time now so this is not the first we are hearing of it, only time will tell if it happens or not. And it's a no brainer that that would not be good news for Al Khalid.

i cant believe going for T-90S. these are not as good at AK or even new AH.

Remember few things this is only TIT Bit things changes plus many factors like economics force to abandon the ideas.
Usman shabir and him r pretty accurate.
This PDF I am following since it begans this one is more colorful.
His criticism on PN is very real PN needs more surface ships and more money to fill the gaps. I read when said about it.
I am old timer on these forums.

Like I said, some times correct but not always. However in this case his accuracy or not does not matter because reports about T-90 for PA have come from other sources before. So like I said only time will tell if it will happen or not.

Yeah I know criticism of PN was real, it just wasn't fully justified because PN doesn't control the economy and because although there maybe some issues, he painted a bleaker picture than real.

Not to be a devils advocate, but i do think that keeping current circumstances in mind, there are more chances of IBO's, ambushes, cross border raids etc happening rather than an armored assault by India, so the funds for new MBT should be diverted towards more transport aviation assets and MRAP's for COIN war. If this WOT ever ends, these MRAP's can be diverted to Paramilitary and Police forces while the military still keeps the transport aviation fleet to introduce more air-mobile light-infantry formations for air assault Ops.
Unless ofcourse the new MBT or any other COIN-modernised MBT takes part in the WOT with troops in Baluchistan. In any case, AK-II is an ongoing project so PA won't be deprived of a new MBT in coming decades.

Like I said, some times correct but not always. However in this case his accuracy or not does not matter because reports about T-90 for PA have come from other sources before. So like I said only time will tell if it will happen or not.

Yeah I know criticism of PN was real, it just wasn't fully justified because PN doesn't control the economy and because although there maybe some issues, he painted a bleaker picture than real.
There is nothing wrong I respect ur opinion. T90S is a Cool tank plus Mi35 we looking some serious money here.
According to him Russia also offering Ak103 with RPG 27 for local production.
If this news is correct then next logical step is Su 35.
My take is current yr trip of IK to US is also very important we may I said may see some serious purchase from US as well if they offer financing which should be no issue. Plus good news is India kicked out from Afghanistan.
My heart says legend F16 will back.

Last edited:
If anybody shelves AK then i can assure u that it will be a big scandal, given that PA has failed to even export a single AK like PAC/PAF exports JF17s and generates money and puts into project........

HIT's end will begin if they destroyed this project and so ill be the start of Armed Forces end of control of Defence Industry specially Army's over HIT/HMC

Haris Khan PDF pakistan in talks with Russia for 400 T90S tanks and 15 Mi35 Helicopter no oplot P according to him maybe to current T84 tanks upgraded to oplot standards. So T90S would be our new tanks Ak1and Ak2 probably going to shelf.
I been following Haris for 18yrs usually he corrects if circumstances not changed. Looks like we going big with Russian hardware.
Commonilty of weapons between pak India he believes won't make big difference alot of equipment which both countries use like Mig21 F7 or Harpoons over p3 or P8.

I posted this yesterday in the thread started by Rafi. So interestingly according to H Khan, VT-4 offered by China is nothing more than advanced AK-1 but with the same issues, and hence Pak not interested and AK-1 project being shelved. It is a pity that after so many years, no progress has been made. And I am very surprised that no funding was given to the tank project.

I posted this yesterday in the thread started by Rafi. So interestingly according to H Khan, VT-4 offered by China is nothing more than advanced AK-1 but with the same issues, and hence Pak not interested and AK-1 project being shelved. It is a pity that after so many years, no progress has been made. And I am very surprised that no funding was given to the tank project.
I believe he is misreading the situation about the AK program which is not going to be shelved or put on hold or suspended, pace of progress may vary depending on many factor.

Al-Haider category tanks would not be a simple off the shelve acquisition but will also pave the way for our new partner in armoured program for this plz recall the interview of Pakistani Ambassador Athar Abbas to Ukraine in which he clarify that we are not only looking for tanks but want to acquire technologies which we lacks in tank manufacturing, relevant part is quoted below (Link for the complete interview)

DS The first contracts in the military-technical sphere between Pakistan and Ukraine were signed back in 1996, in particular, a tank contract. Does cooperation with Ukraine continue now?

A.A. The defense sector was one of the main areas of cooperation between Pakistan and Ukraine. This involved the purchase of heavy equipment and its maintenance (in particular, the tanks "Al Khalid"). Recently, mutual visits of the defense ministers of Pakistan and Ukraine were held. A few months ago, an agreement was signed on the joint production of engines for the Al-Khalid tank and military helicopters. All production will be carried out on the Pakistani territory. Today at the final stage of testing and evaluation is an agreement on the purchase of the Ukrainian battle tank "Oplot". And in case of its signing, Pakistan will purchase more than one hundred units of this equipment at the Kharkov plant "Malyshev Plant".

I believe he is misreading the situation about the AK program which is not going to be shelved or put on hold or suspended, pace of progress may vary depending on many factor.

Al-Haider category tanks would not be a simple off the shelve acquisition but will also pave the way for our new partner in armoured program for this plz recall the interview of Pakistani Ambassador Athar Abbas to Ukraine in which he clarify that we are not only looking for tanks but want to acquire technologies which we lacks in tank manufacturing, relevant part is quoted below (Link for the complete interview)

Thanks HRK. I hope you are right, and something good eventuates between Pak-Ukraine.

I also hope HRK is correct but it is also possible that agreements with ukraine hit some problems with changing situation. One hopes for the best.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom