What's new

PA's New Haider MBT is the T99A- Type 99 MBT

whats up with you guys nowadays huh!

for the info, the army initially requested a type-99A for which the chinese presented a glorified VT-4. The chaps had high hopes for it but i always suspected the chinese engine would not deliver. not degrading our great chinese friends at all, just that VT-4 was not up to the mark in many capabilities. i am not at liberty to disclose a few things here, just that the autoloader was not as proficient as the one being used in AK series, with bi directional movement and full electric contol. There are other flaws as well with that mbt. it failed on most trials.

the surprising part for me was the failure of Oplot M, i guess the 6TD-2E engine is not up to the mark yet, but other ukrainian engines did pretty well in tamewala/ bahawalpura region so i dont get the engine trouble part.

lastly, the t-99 variant as per my info is not here yet as army chaps dont have fingers crossed for it either. for those who dont know yet, the VT-4 was using more advanced FCS, ECS and thermal imagers, and even BMS system that are yet to be integrated in their t-99 series.

Another thing is that HIT's own AK series has performed better compared to these tanks, raising more confidence among the armored corp for thinking seriously on yet another variant but this is only in discussion, AK-3 does not exist at the moment,
more later.

for the info, the army initially requested a type-99A for which the chinese presented a glorified VT-4. The chaps had high hopes for it but i always suspected the chinese engine would not deliver. not degrading our great chinese friends at all, just that VT-4 was not up to the mark in many capabilities. i am not at liberty to disclose a few things here, just that the autoloader was not as proficient as the one being used in AK series, with bi directional movement and full electric contol. There are other flaws as well with that mbt. it failed on most trials.

the surprising part for me was the failure of Oplot M, i guess the 6TD-2E engine is not up to the mark yet, but other ukrainian engines did pretty well in tamewala/ bahawalpura region so i dont get the engine trouble part.

lastly, the t-99 variant as per my info is not here yet as army chaps dont have fingers crossed for it either. for those who dont know yet, the VT-4 was using more advanced FCS, ECS and thermal imagers, and even BMS system that are yet to be integrated in their t-99 series.

Another thing is that HIT's own AK series has performed better compared to these tanks, raising more confidence among the armored corp for thinking seriously on yet another variant but this is only in discussion, AK-3 does not exist at the moment,
more later.

more later.

more later.

Whatever tank we need, we need it soon. Al-Zarrars will not cut it in the front line. If it is AK that is performing well, then increase the production rate.

AZ is not the main concern, ti is the remaining 59s and 69s that are a headache. with a 125mm smoothbore gun and the DU ROUND< AZ will make a mince meat of any adversary on the battlefield.

@Dazzler can't we replace the 59's and the 69's with our very own AK????? I mean it would create an uniformity in our armored corps without having to introduce another type....interestingly most of us agree that the AK is capable enough to answer every tank that India possesses....then why go for another type?????

@Dazzler can't we replace the 59's and the 69's with our very own AK????? I mean it would create an uniformity in our armored corps without having to introduce another type....interestingly most of us agree that the AK is capable enough to answer every tank that India possesses....then why go for another type?????

not feasible, first, the AK is at least 4-5 million a pop, this is the base version not the AK-1 version. second, despite efforts, we could not churn out the desired numbers which is causing more problems. the best solution is to buy 300-400 third generation mbts from abroad with similar infrastructure and logistics if possible, hence the VT-4 (mbt 2000 derivative), OPLOT (t-80ud linked) and even t-90 was thought for a moment. This is why there is no room for Altays and Abrams and Leo-2xxxs in armored corps.

more later.

more later.
Sorry Sir but AK-3 term is used by a Brigadier who works at HIT as for MBT-99 A 2 that is way advanced Tank as for Oplot M @kaonalpha says Ukraine has promised to resolve then engine problem soon. I hope they do

AZ is not the main concern, ti is the remaining 59s and 69s that are a headache. with a 125mm smoothbore gun and the DU ROUND< AZ will make a mince meat of any adversary on the battlefield.
According to Wajahat S Khan Pakistan plans to use AL ZARRAR for offensive role I mean go in India to carry out strikes as for other option we should try to resolve engine issue of Oplot M and should also test South Korean Tank

Pakistan Army seem to me has left think of just being a defensive force and now working to establish a force which in few days capture most enemy area.

From 1990s we have a doctrine of 'OFFENSIVE DEFENCE' .... & practising it repeatedly from Zarb-e-Momin to Azm-e-Nau series of Exercise ...

Here is what we need from Turkey's Altay project.

* Electronics
* Joint armor development
* RWS
* Optronics
* Communications systems
* Help us upgrade our BMS
* Sell us services from GokTurk-2 SAT.

Bro, The images of Gokturk-1(0,7m) and Gokturk-2(2,5m) can be bought from Turkish sources. Making an official contact will be enough to receive them.

Rest is about Turkey's Leopard2A4 upgrade solution thanks to Altay subsystems.

A similar upgrade for AK will help a lot.

Bro, The images of Gokturk-1(0,7m) and Gokturk-2(2,5m) can be bought from Turkish sources. Making an official contact will be enough to receive them.

Rest is about Turkey's Leopard2A4 upgrade solution thanks to Altay subsystems.

@Zarvan please re-read the post, which i was just trying to tell the weaknesses of the tanks yet tested by Pak Army, and so if those weaknesses in Oplot-M, VT-4/MBT-3000 are removed, and upgraded and PA's specifications are implemented, these tanks might be back in contest. For example Russian T-90 initially failed in Hot Indian conditions, and it heated up, but after later modification, and A/C unit, it was ordered by Indian Army, so, Here is my original reply:

"The Pa's Haider program involves testing various platforms n selecting the most perfect suited to its own conditions. The articles link n details r on the OP, t99A is the ideal tank with Pakistani customisation to make it Pak environmental friendly.

Well, AK-II a separate weight class project which should be going into serial production Spring of 2016.

Norinco VT4 MBT-3000 main battle tank Is still on cards along Oplot-M. Not sure how it came about that VT4 is dropped but the fact remains similar to FM-90 SAM, PA had requested some upgrades in VT4 prior to the evaluations. One of the upgrades PA requested to Mbt3000, vt-4 was to have the ability to fire laser guided shells n better armour.

The only thing which is happening with T-80 in Ukraine is that PA has quietly asked for spare parts from the tanks which are stored and withdrawn from service. T-84 op lot-m is an upgrade toT-80s serving in PA.
"
@Dazzler

He might be on drugs. :coffee:

Drugs and cocaine is ur daily need and ur class of taste.

Were you high drunk when you first said this, ''Plus order from above not to encourage chinese at all. As we are no longer going to take chinses tanks. Because of certain kickback issues.1500 hp" Source: T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

So how come PA is testing Chinese T99A, a new tank again?

Chinese are known to never bribe, infact Ukrainians bribe and give kick backs, which was cleverly concealed.

You are the one who come with fishy news of Ukrainian Oplot-M confirmed tank, later it turned out to be tat it was not selected, and even the tests failed. So keep your idiotic labeling on yourself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom