What's new

PA's New Haider MBT is the T99A- Type 99 MBT

So any updates...

VT-4/T-99A/MBT-3000 is the possible PA's new Haider Next Generation MBT Project for initial local design selection, went through extensive trails in 2015. There were certain shortcoming which was found and NORINCO agreed to address them. The issues are:

Install a much bigger engine radiator. Either the 1,300 HP engine needs an electrical cooling system or the 1,500 HP needs a bigger radiator.

In place of the Chinese 2-Gen thermal imaging Pakistan wants to install French Thales 3-G as well as look into Ukrainian tech.

Also Pakistan wants to heavily locally customise the T-99 into its Haider MBT .....similar to Al Khalid MBT project.

Pakistan was very happy with the new 125mm digital stabilized gun turret. It fires GL-5 gun laser projectiles at a range of 3 miles. The turret mounts electrically remote 12.5 mm gun is very effective against helicopters and low flying aircraft and UAV.

On the other hand, Ukraine is promoting its OPLOT tank along with an upgrade of existing T-84UD.

Pakistan Al_Haider Tank Project is well on its way.

Mr MBT-3000 is not T-99 A2 why are you mixing two totally different Tanks.

Because of the similar shape, design and a lot of features are common between MBT 3000 & T-99. Simply Mbt 3000/VT-4 a scaled down version of t-99 A2. Both have similar design n possible base Haider MBT prototype designs.

I thank you for your such great feelings towards Pakistan but you are totally misinformed regarding Turkish capabilities. They do lack in some areas but also excel in some areas too.

Otokar, Aselsan, Roketsan and Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc. can't be underestimated.
right,true they have some good stuffs,they do lacking in not some,but many areas.they still have a long way to go.but pakistan has nukes,have the capabilitiy to build a jet fighter themself,that is much more awesome than any other muslim country.

what pak needs is hard cash, i think the T-99 is great but the army needs like 500 of them,

Improved Version of VT-4 MBT / MBT-3000

It appears a few design changes have been made to:
1) Headlights
2) Side skirts
3) Turret add-on armor now resembles that of Type-99
4) Grenade dispensers have been relocated
5) New Commander sight from Type-99A2
6) No remote weapons station on this version
7) Added a milli-wave ballistic radar for Active Self Defence System.
8) an Addition of some sort of (optical) sensor assembly atop the turret between the hatches
9) Re-designed undercarriage structure
10) Additional sensors assemblies can be seen in each turret frontal corner (Possibly cameras and/or milli-wave radars for Active self-defense system?)
11) an Unknown sensor on the turret (highlighted with green box).

These are the differences I can spot. If you see more, please point them out.

Improved Version of VT-4 MBT / MBT-3000 Photos
MBT-3000 1.jpg

MBT-3000 2.jpg

MBT-3000 3.jpg

sir jee can anyone tell me has type 99 been selected as mbt haider ? Or the decision is still pending ?

Improved Version of VT-4 MBT / MBT-3000

It appears a few design changes have been made to:
1) Headlights
2) Side skirts
3) Turret add-on armor now resembles that of Type-99
4) Grenade dispensers have been relocated
5) New Commander sight from Type-99A2
6) No remote weapons station on this version
7) Added a milli-wave ballistic radar for Active Self Defence System.
8) an Addition of some sort of (optical) sensor assembly atop the turret between the hatches
9) Re-designed undercarriage structure
10) Additional sensors assemblies can be seen in each turret frontal corner (Possibly cameras and/or milli-wave radars for Active self-defense system?)
11) an Unknown sensor on the turret (highlighted with green box).

These are the differences I can spot. If you see more, please point them out.

Improved Version of VT-4 MBT / MBT-3000 Photos
View attachment 299329
View attachment 299330
View attachment 299331
Well great but I don't think Pakistan will go for it.

Well great but I don't think Pakistan will go for it.
May be Round 2 for Tank Trials...................

VT4 is about to return after overcoming the shortcomings.
T84 will do the same.
No idea about T99A2 and TXYZ....................

tag relevant people ................... who can give valid information.

Last edited:
Condition of VT4 under Trails in Pakistan last year.
No Smoke grenades, No 12.5mm Gun, Many other subsystems missing

MBT 2000 in trails in Pakistan.jpg

Blue: Common in both models
Red: Missing in First Prototype
Green: New Addition in new model

MBT 3000 prototype display.jpg

Latest news just came in i guess we know which tank will be Al Haider mbt

Go to janes and look at the article

This is my humble guess that ukraine will win this war atleast against chinese tank.

/article/60525/ukraine-markets-mbt-powerpack

Its the new 1500 hp diesel engine

Guys comments and latest news

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom