What's new

Pathetic Loadshedding - Not a single thread on here

Ali.009

Reaction score
Just restrengthens the fact the no one on these forums actually reside inside Pakistan, sitting in US/UK/Mid-East and copy pasting articles over news websites which don't concern the everyday issues everyone faces in Pakistan, is the usual trend on this website!!

What??!!! I am here in Virginia, USA. I have never experienced "loadshedding" ... My power has gone out due to hurricanes and, once, due to an ice storm. However, for the past 8 years I have had a back-up generator for my house fueled by natural gas and that has saved me from any "loadshedding", whatsoever. So.... Am I an unworthy PDF member because haven't suffered "third world" infrastructure problems???

(P.S., I am an American, not a diaspora desi, does that spare me from your ire???

Loadshedding shuts down peoples computer and a they cant open tnreads with a shut computer.
Simple as that.
When electricity is restored,its so rare that people make the most of it,and cherish the moments.....and dont open threads about loadshedding.
Simple as that :D

Just restrengthens the fact the no one on these forums actually reside inside Pakistan, sitting in US/UK/Mid-East and copy pasting articles over news websites which don't concern the everyday issues everyone faces in Pakistan, is the usual trend on this website!!

You want change? Vote PTI or stop complaining.

There have been few threads on load shedding mate, guess you missed them.

What??!!! I am here in Virginia, USA. I have never experienced "loadshedding" ... My power has gone out due to hurricanes and, once, due to an ice storm. However, for the past 8 years I have had a back-up generator for my house fueled by natural gas and that has saved me from any "loadshedding", whatsoever. So.... Am I an unworthy PDF member because haven't suffered "third world" infrastructure problems???

(P.S., I am an American, not a diaspora desi, does that spare me from your ire???

Why you have generator when grids never fail there?

Too much money? :D

Why you have generator when grids never fail there?

Too much money? :D

No, although I do have a lot of money .... Our grids do fail once or twice per year due to natural events. My own neighborhood has underground utilities for gas, electricity and communications (phone and cable), so we don't have failures in my immediate neighborhood. But my underground "grid" is supplied by overland lines between the distribution centers and my neighborhood grid. These overland lines are disrupted by hurricanes and ice storms, on occasion. However, my natural gas lines are underground all the way from the supply sources. So the natural gas supply is not interrupted even by hurricanes or ice storms. So, my back-up generator, powered by natural gas, takes over if my land-line electrical power grid is disrupted. In the past 8 years I have had this back-up system, I have used it to power my house for about 12 days, total. It cost me $4500 to install, so I am now at about $400/useful day for my investment. On the other hand, my wife has not complained (bitched) about not having power during those 12 days, so I have received other dividends. During a storm that knocks down trees, I still may lose my internet connection, hence, my PDF connection, so that is still a problem I share with you Pakistanis ......

most of the time we hve UPS which backs up even the internet router, and we all need just one fan and one router and one laptop to get our lives going smoothly :D and i wont even complain

No, although I do have a lot of money .... Our grids do fail once or twice per year due to natural events. My own neighborhood has underground utilities for gas, electricity and communications (phone and cable), so we don't have failures in my immediate neighborhood. But my underground "grid" is supplied by overland lines between the distribution centers and my neighborhood grid. These overland lines are disrupted by hurricanes and ice storms, on occasion. However, my natural gas lines are underground all the way from the supply sources. So the natural gas supply is not interrupted even by hurricanes or ice storms. So, my back-up generator, powered by natural gas, takes over if my land-line electrical power grid is disrupted. In the past 8 years I have had this back-up system, I have used it to power my house for about 12 days, total. It cost me $4500 to install, so I am now at about $400/useful day for my investment. On the other hand, my wife has not complained (bitched) about not having power during those 12 days, so I have received other dividends. During a storm that knocks down trees, I still may lose my internet connection, hence, my PDF connection, so that is still a problem I share with you Pakistanis ......

Show off :lol:

Well same is the situation in Pakistan,almost every house has a generator now.
Its another thing that we suffer severe fuel shortage too,and generators are no use without fuel.

Its another thing that we suffer severe fuel shortage too,and generators are no use without fuel.

Yes, at my previous house I had a small gasoline fueled emergency generator, to power my refrigerator and furnace. But, the problem of having enough gasoline on hand, or obtaining it after the "crisis" erupts, overwhelms the value in my situation where it's not a predictable load shedding problem, but, rather, weather emergency outages. So, when I built my present house 8 years ago, I had a natural gas line installed for a generator and that has worked, so far.....

Show off :lol:

Well same is the situation in Pakistan,almost every house has a generator now.

Well, considering the fact that you have Uk stated as location in you'r profile, ill assume that you live there and dsnt have a clue whats going on in this country (like 99.99%) of members here. Everyone has a generator? How did you come up with THAT? The truth is complete opposite so please don't act as if you know whats happening here sitting outside.

You want change? Vote PTI or stop complaining.

Oh and here we have another expat and automatic expert on how-to-fix-Pakistan.

Siatuation in India improved quite a lot in last few years well atleast in two places i lived my whole life ie Ahmedavad and now in mumbai...no power cuts at all..

Back
Top Bottom