What's new

Pay me to fight my war: The News Editorial

Duly agreed sir, but it's ironic that every topic concerning India is adamantly termed by Indian members as BS, inflammatory or even Pakistan initiated propaganda, but all the negativity about Pakistan which without fail oozes from some Indian members should be taken as pennies from heaven. It's a sad situation.

I agree - this applies to them as well, and despite repeated moderation and post deletion some of them refuse to stop engaging in that behavior.

The comments on your and Riaz Haq's threads are definitely indicative of a similar pattern of behaviour on the part of Indians. Comments on threads need to be related to the topic.

But no need to engage in tit for tat - keep your nose clean and leave the rest to the moderators.

It has been deliberately turned into Pakistan's war through Drone attacks and other covert CIA activities (and other agencies working under the US/NATO protection in Afghanistan) that instigated the formation of TTP.

Ideally your point is very good but lacks insight and important historical information that is necessary to evaluate the current scenario. however, Americans do not have a good track record in promoting democratic setups in Pakistan (i'd argue that in the Middle Eastern Muslim world at large).

The only democratic setup they support are those aligned with their interests at the expense of National interests through corrupt political elite.

Well i was talking about an ideal scenario, however if democracy have to be strengthend then people of pakistan have to come forward. I do not know how long will it take to put pakistan army in its rightful place, i.e protecting and only the protecting the soverginty of the countries borders..!!!

No matter how important armys role in the present scenario.. this is the thought that every one should have.. because if politicians are corrupt we can vote them out.. but if a military leader is corrupt or power hungry then it is more dangerious.. so democratically that culture has to develop..!!!

totall peice of BS article .. the persons trying to be a western media sweetheart .. The war has been transfered to our lands too..!

Hi,
I don't understand if Israel can be given aid around 3 billion US dollars annually, the major portion of which goes for the defense & even for some unjust activities like settlement on Palestinian land which is also not liked by the Americans, so why shouldn't America give aid to Pakistan who has suffered some losses in this WOT, If this is Pakistan's war then why America asked Pakistan to " Do More". its pretty obvious that it was not Pakistan's war but it has now become Pakistan's war, Thanks to USA for that, so if USA wants Pakistan to succeed it will have to provide financial as well as material support to Pakistan, and i am sure USA is aware of this very well, however some anti Pakistani elements don't want this to happen so there fore they come up with such preposterous articles or debates to dispel their anxiety :bounce:

Well i was talking about an ideal scenario, however if democracy have to be strengthend then people of pakistan have to come forward. I do not know how long will it take to put pakistan army in its rightful place, i.e protecting and only the protecting the soverginty of the countries borders..!!!

No matter how important armys role in the present scenario.. this is the thought that every one should have.. because if politicians are corrupt we can vote them out.. but if a military leader is corrupt or power hungry then it is more dangerious.. so democratically that culture has to develop..!!!

Question is ,if leadership is corrupt , why Army leadership is supporting them ??????

Har sakh par aloo bheta hai injame gulistan kia hu ga:angry:

Question is ,if leadership is corrupt , why Army leadership is supporting them ??????

Har sakh par aloo bheta hai injame gulistan kia hu ga:angry:

Because in order to say "No" to the US empire and become an obsticle in their nefarious interests, you have to be Politically strong and self-sufficient economically AND military, more of a small power house strong enough to defend itself.

We learn from examples of Iraq and Afghanistan, both of whom opposed the US, look what happened to them.

Look at big countries like India, even despite of being economic power houses but lacking militarily and political strength, they still cave in to the US pressure greatly.

Once we have like 1000 modern fighter jets, ballistic missiles reaching every corner of earth, naval warships and fleets of submarines, and a strong economy (GDP surpasses at least a Trillion USD), we will begin to develop a strong political backbone on the world stage.

I expect this within the next 2 decades, we will see a great paradigm shift in our favours. insha'Allah

It's just like the Meccan life of the Prophet SAW, during which he made great personal sacrifices (was stoned, tortured, etc) ...

The author is right in saying Pakistan is running everywhere asking for money to fight it's own war. Agree that US was involved in creating the mujahideen but not in creation of Taliban it is Pakistan's brain child now Bin Laden was given protection by Taliban hence US got involved there and Pakistan agreed for the money they are getting paid for it but asking other countries to pay for everything is not right. Why other countries should pay for Pakistani establishment failure to create a good economy.

Because in order to say "No" to the US empire and become an obsticle in their nefarious interests, you have to be Politically strong and self-sufficient economically AND military, more of a small power house strong enough to defend itself.

We learn from examples of Iraq and Afghanistan, both of whom opposed the US, look what happened to them.

Look at big countries like India, even despite of being economic power houses but lacking militarily and political strength, they still cave in to the US pressure greatly.

Once we have like 1000 modern fighter jets, ballistic missiles reaching every corner of earth, naval warships and fleets of submarines, and a strong economy (GDP surpasses at least a Trillion USD), we will begin to develop a strong political backbone on the world stage.

I expect this within the next 2 decades, we will see a great paradigm shift in our favours. insha'Allah

It's just like the Meccan life of the Prophet SAW, during which he made great personal sacrifices (was stoned, tortured, etc) ...

According to me, It will take army to clear tribal belts of Taliban another 1 or 2 years more. Till than economic progress will be on slow pace................and even after that army is going to stay their for about 3-4 years for counter-insurgency operations..............economy is going to take toll.
At best Pakistan will be back on economic growth by 2020.
After that Pakistan will have strong government who can run aggressive foreign policies.
But for next 10 years Pakistan cannot afford to buy 1000 fighters etc.
also focus of govt. is going to be on internal security rather than external threat.

You can very well figure it out that Pakistan is more focussing on internal security and not buying heavy warheads as it did in past.
It is buying only those stuffs which is need of the hour..........mostly counter-insurgency stuffs.
But you can take 3 decades from now instead of two......for that kinda situation.............
Hope for the best:cheers:

For all your fancy colored nonsense, what ever the situation in Afghanistan prevailed, before the US invasion of Afghanistan, suicide attacks were unheard of in Pakistan. Pakistan's economy was growing at an healthy 8% and due to this WOT ...

Your cause and effect analysis is totally wrong. The starting point of this drama was several weeks earlier. You should have said " ....before al Qaeda, headquartered in Afghanistan, attacked the USA on September 11, 2001, ...."

We will never, EVER forget:

You are either with THEM, or with us. Your choice.

The author is right in saying Pakistan is running everywhere asking for money to fight it's own war. Agree that US was involved in creating the mujahideen but not in creation of Taliban it is Pakistan's brain child now Bin Laden was given protection by Taliban hence US got involved there and Pakistan agreed for the money they are getting paid for it but asking other countries to pay for everything is not right. Why other countries should pay for Pakistani establishment failure to create a good economy.

once US leaves ( as it said its going to in a year or so).........Pakistan is to be all alone to deal with the monster

You said it all mate. But, even China with all these Trillions of dollars and missiles that can fly to US and Europe have not been successful to mow down the USA. They are innovators unlike us. In the next 20 years, maybe Pakistan will improve a lot, but catching up with US will take another 50 years, and in that time they will be building housing complexes on Mars. Sadly, but this is the truth. Unless we become innovators we can be #2, never #1.

^send this 'NGOist' to the front - he will change his mind in a second - what a waste of time!

You said it all mate. But, even China with all these Trillions of dollars and missiles that can fly to US and Europe have not been successful to mow down the USA. They are innovators unlike us. In the next 20 years, maybe Pakistan will improve a lot, but catching up with US will take another 50 years, and in that time they will be building housing complexes on Mars. Sadly, but this is the truth. Unless we become innovators we can be #2, never #1.

With trillions of dollars in debt unknown in human history, and a collapse of the housing industry, i highly doubt they'll be building any more "big houses", and that too, on mars. Lol, sounds like a good joke. Therefore I disagree with your assertion.

US is on a course of economic and geo-strategic contraction. Innovation is temporarily helping them but alone cannot sustain such expansionary wild wet dreams.

There are still forces to take on American *********, i.e. Look how Russia crushed the cia sponsored Georgians in a few days.

Your cause and effect analysis is totally wrong. The starting point of this drama was several weeks earlier. You should have said " ....before al Qaeda, headquartered in Afghanistan, attacked the USA on September 11, 2001, ...."

We will never, EVER forget:

You are either with THEM, or with us. Your choice.
Not quite as recent as that, i would say the dye was cast in the late 80s, after giving a free ride on the Jihad wings to the Mujahideen, as the Talibans and Al-Qaeda were known then, to humiliate Soviet Russia, the Americans washed their hands and walked away. They say your misdeeds usually catch up on you and sadly the power keg exploded on the 9/11. As for the famous transcript, didn't the author, Richard Armitage or something even back tracked on it.!!!

Back
Top Bottom