What's new

PEMRA bans TV show ‘Hadsa’, says it ‘tarnishes’ Pakistan’s image

Kingdom come

Reaction score
Country
India
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has banned TV drama ‘Hadsa’, over scenes reminiscent of a notorious gang rape case, saying the series would “tarnish” the nation’s image by depicting it as an “unsafe place for women”.

Regulators said the show would be pulled from airwaves due to parallels to the real-life case of a French-Pakistani mother raped in front of her small children after her car ran out of fuel near the eastern city of Lahore.

“Portrayal of such (a) heinous act will not only trigger the trauma of that unfortunate victim but would also tarnish (the) country’s image,” said the order from the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) released on Wednesday evening.adding that it did not portray a “true picture of Pakistani society”.

Lawyer Muhammad Ahmad Pansota told AFP that he had lodged a complaint against the show with PEMRA on behalf of the rape victim.

“She said to me actually that whenever she watches an episode, or how people react when they watch it, she has to go through the entire trauma again,” he said. “She’s not very comfortable with that.”

Episodes four and five of ‘Hadsa’ show a woman and her son being kidnapped and assaulted by a gang when their car breaks down, later revealing the character was raped.

Before the series was censored, actress Hadiqa Kiani, who plays the woman, said it was not based on real-life events.

“Unfortunately, the horrific act of rape and violence happens far too often in our society,” she wrote on the social media site X.

“‘Hadsa’ is not based on any one person’s story, it is based off of a sickly common part of our reality.”

In the wake of the Lahore incident, backlash over victim-blaming and abysmal conviction rates spurred legal reforms, including the establishment of special courts and chemical castration of serial rapists.

Two men were sentenced to death in 2021 for participating in the rape, but have yet to be executed.

Earlier this year, the website Wikipedia was blocked for hosting “blasphemous content”, while ‘Barbie’ movie and the critically acclaimed transgender romance film ‘Joyland’ also fell foul of censors.

Last edited:
adding that it did not portray a “true picture of Pakistani society”.

Lawyer Muhammad Ahmad Pansota told AFP that he had lodged a complaint against the show with PEMRA on behalf of the rape victim.

“She said to me actually that whenever she watches an episode, or how people react when they watch it, she has to go through the entire trauma again,” he said. “She’s not very comfortable with that.”

Episodes four and five of ‘Hadsa’ show a woman and her son being kidnapped and assaulted by a gang when their car breaks down, later revealing the character was raped.

Before the series was censored, actress Hadiqa Kiani, who plays the woman, said it was not based on real-life events.

“Unfortunately, the horrific act of rape and violence happens far too often in our society,” she wrote on the social media site X.

“‘Hadsa’ is not based on any one person’s story, it is based off of a sickly common part of our reality.”

In the wake of the Lahore incident, backlash over victim-blaming and abysmal conviction rates spurred legal reforms, including the establishment of special courts and chemical castration of serial rapists.

Two men were sentenced to death in 2021 for participating in the rape, but have yet to be executed.

Earlier this year, the website Wikipedia was blocked for hosting “blasphemous content”, while ‘Barbie’ movie and the critically acclaimed transgender romance film ‘Joyland’ also fell foul of censors.

Title Check: Deceptive ❌❌❌

❗❗❗️This radical ⚫🚘 has omitted the fact that the show was banned due to a complaint lodged by the victim of the incident ❗❗❗

adding that it did not portray a “true picture of Pakistani society”.

I think this was not intended:
Then-police chief Umar Sheikh had repeatedly berated the woman – a resident of France – saying she probably “mistook that Pakistani society is just as safe” as her home country.

CCPO Lahore Omar Shaikh blames victim for Motorway rape

But PEMRA suggested on Wednesday that ‘Hadsa’, which began airing last week, would cause overseas viewers to wrongly “perceive Pakistan as (an) unsafe place for women”, adding that it did not portray a “true picture of Pakistani society”.

❗❗❗️This radical ⚫🚘 has omitted the fact that the show was banned due to a complaint lodged by the victim of the incident ❗❗❗
It's the title of the news on brecorder
Exactly as stated
Screenshot_2023-08-31-22-55-45-648_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

What omitted I posted the news fully word for word
@waz @WebMaster
@LeGenD
@SQ8
Is this the wrong title of the news?
This guy has started calling indians (hindus ) black as an insult
Your little crosses mean nothing to me

Last edited:
It's the title of the news on brecorder
Exactly as stated
View attachment 950148
What omitted I posted the news fully word for word
@waz @WebMaster
@LeGenD
Is this the wrong title of the news?
This guy has started calling indians (hindus ) black as an insult
Your little crosses mean nothing to me
Fact Check: False ❌❌❌

I have not used any insults referring to Indians as black.

Let the mods decide if the title is wrong or thier are no insults

Yes yes the black ⚫ and car 🚘 is no insult

Let the mods decide if the title is wrong or thier are no insults
❗❗❗️Fallacy detected: Appeal to authority❗❗❗

Definition given below:
👇👇👇
An argument from authority (argumentum ab auctoritate), also called an appeal to authority, or argumentum ad verecundiam (argument against shame), is a form of fallacy when the opinion of a non-expert on a topic is used as evidence to support an argument or when the authority is used to say that the claim is true, as authorities can be wrong.[1] The argument can be considered sound if the authority is an expert and when all sides of a discussion agree on the reliability of the authority in the given context, and if the argument does not rely on the authority to establish truth.

❗❗❗️Fallacy detected: Appeal to authority❗❗❗

Definition given below:
👇👇👇
An argument from authority (argumentum ab auctoritate), also called an appeal to authority, or argumentum ad verecundiam (argument against shame), is a form of fallacy when the opinion of a non-expert on a topic is used as evidence to support an argument or when the authority is used to say that the claim is true, as authorities can be wrong.[1] The argument can be considered sound if the authority is an expert and when all sides of a discussion agree on the reliability of the authority in the given context, and if the argument does not rely on the authority to establish truth.

Fact Check: Diverting topic of thread ❗❗❗

This radical ⚫🚘

Fact check : Insults ❌❌❌

❗❗❗️This radical ⚫🚘 has omitted the fact that the show was banned due to a complaint lodged by the victim of the incident
Argument from ignorance
This fallacy occurs when you argue that your conclusion must be true, because there is no evidence against it. This fallacy wrongly shifts the burden of proof away from the one making the claim.

@Joe Shearer @VkdIndian

Show me proof this is an insult or retract your claim.
Fact check : Insults ❌❌
Mods is calling hindus black not an insult?

Racism

PDF is not a platform for spreading racism nor do we condone it. Any such threads / posts / materials would lead to heavy penalization.

Other forms of discrimination

Same goes for ethnic or nationalistic discriminatory views, aimed at stereotyping and berating members belonging to a specific area, country, religious, ethnic group

How is the title deceptive
❗❗❗️Evidence requested❗❗❗

Last edited:
❗❗❗️Evidence requested❗❗❗

Please show where I have called Hindus black.
❗❗❗️Evidence provided ❗❗❗

same vile black Shudra

despicable scrawny black 'jeet

black Pajeets look like scrawny little subhumans.

filthy little black hand in her mouth

black Honda spawn starving.

black Honda nigjeets

black Indian man decided to name himself
after the Indian penis God

black-brown gracile Dravidian dasyu

scrawny black Hindu man

Need more?
Need links?

Please show where I have called Hindus black
As I said let mods decide if you are divering the thread and if the title is wrong or not ❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has banned TV drama ‘Hadsa’, over scenes reminiscent of a notorious gang rape case, saying the series would “tarnish” the nation’s image by depicting it as an “unsafe place for women”.

Regulators said the show would be pulled from airwaves due to parallels to the real-life case of a French-Pakistani mother raped in front of her small children after her car ran out of fuel near the eastern city of Lahore.

“Portrayal of such (a) heinous act will not only trigger the trauma of that unfortunate victim but would also tarnish (the) country’s image,” said the order from the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) released on Wednesday evening.adding that it did not portray a “true picture of Pakistani society”.

Oh the image ?
Carry on it is must.

❗❗❗️Evidence provided ❗❗❗

same vile black Shudra

despicable scrawny black 'jeet

black Pajeets look like scrawny little subhumans.

filthy little black hand in her mouth

black Honda spawn starving.

black Honda nigjeets

black Indian man decided to name himself
after the Indian penis God

black-brown gracile Dravidian dasyu

scrawny black Hindu man

Need more?
Need links?
❗❗❗️Evidence still requested❗❗❗

All this "evidence" you've posted is from before I was banned and changed my ways.

Pehlay tu ** hamara bara koi image hey dunya may

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom