What's new

PEMRA to Start Crackdown Against Netflix and Other Streaming Services

Because of These Bastards Cable Operators We Are deprived From DTH Services While They Happily Sell Illegal Indian DTH Now These Scums Want OTT Gone SOmeone Should.....

Oh What The Heck I've Received Two Warnings Anyway

I find this useful in 1 way only. I see too much LGBTQ narrative in Netflix and many of my students watch those shows although I insist them to watch good documentaries on Netflix that are useful and give knowledge. Netflix has negative impact more than positive. Nowadays each TV series has LGBTQ narrative.

I don't mean disrespect to anyone's opinion but Pakistan is not yet open about this discussion so seeing so many shows like these gives negative impact.

this khalid arian is nothing but an illeterate goon aka cable mafia dawn, spread android tv boxes and kill all these blacmailers the so called cable operators.

you don't have DTH services in Pakistan ? How do you get your TV then, purani cable and set top boxes ? :o

Majority cable operators in small cities did not want to invest money for digitization of cable network.

In past they provided channels from DSTV, but now they have no signals of that package in the country.

They have shitty picture quality, result is ok but only for old Trinitron (Daba Box) 14 inch tv.
but worst picture quality for led tv. Most of people in my city have LED TVs.

I am from small city, there are more than 3 cable operators on urban areas.
but no digital cable.

I had stopped watching Cable TV from 2008.
I used Dish Antena and started watching Free HD channels and then used C Lines from few years ago and started watch Videocon HD for Nat Geo HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, BBC Earth HD, Fox Life HD with Dub Audio. But i do not like it. I am interested in watching our own dth.

I sent nearly 40 times complaint to PEMRA (Media Regulatory), but govt seems not interested to launch Pakistani DTH.

I think upper class have no issue, if they have good internet especially in big cities for IPTV.
I have now stable fibre internet and i tested IPTV few month ago and found it more interesting. Good channels especially European and DSTV movie channels.

so, i recommend if any person has 8 to 10 Mbit internet, he should go for IPTV.

Govt of Pak will fail to stop IPTV, they were failed to stop C Line (Sharing) in Pakistan in Past.

cable providers mafia, i know a lot of people among myself who don't have any cable at their house, my total media consumption is via internet and that's hurting these idiots, previously they were against broadband and they still create a lot of problems for F2H (Fiber to home) providers by deliberately sabotaging and damaging fiber

According to Khalid Arain, Chairman of the Cable Operators Association of Pakistan, the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) is reportedly planning to initiate a crackdown on over-the-top (OTT) platforms like Netflix following the Eidul Azha holiday.
Arain stated that a productive discussion had occurred between cable operators and senior Pemra officials, during which the concerns of the cable operators were conveyed.

He said:

In his statement, he was alluding to the OTT platform, which provides streaming content over the internet.

Arain further emphasized the cable operators’ request for regulatory measures regarding those operators who provide both internet and cable services.

He announced that the regulatory body has responded positively to the cable operators’ demands. A committee within Pemra will be established to address the issue of granting licenses to cable operators and will initiate a crackdown on OTT platforms following the conclusion of Eidul Azha.

Arain advocated for a tax exemption in the cable sector, drawing a parallel to the solar power industry and suggesting that taxes on cable operators should be eased. However, he did not provide a specific explanation or justification for this request.

Furthermore, he highlighted an inequity where the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) collects Local Loop license fees from cable operators in US dollars, while subscribers make payments to cable operators in the local currency.

Arain deemed this situation unfair, citing the existing rupee-dollar exchange rate as a factor.

I cannot even fathom how braindead and stupid you need to be to go ahead with this.

Every single day you hear some news which wants to make you pull your hair out. Pehle hi baal gir rahay hain :P
Crackdown on content I agree. Loads of crap being bombarded on us but somebody tell these morons tha ott platforms don't run or show channels.

According to Khalid Arain, Chairman of the Cable Operators Association of Pakistan, the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) is reportedly planning to initiate a crackdown on over-the-top (OTT) platforms like Netflix following the Eidul Azha holiday.
Arain stated that a productive discussion had occurred between cable operators and senior Pemra officials, during which the concerns of the cable operators were conveyed.

He said:

In his statement, he was alluding to the OTT platform, which provides streaming content over the internet.

Arain further emphasized the cable operators’ request for regulatory measures regarding those operators who provide both internet and cable services.

He announced that the regulatory body has responded positively to the cable operators’ demands. A committee within Pemra will be established to address the issue of granting licenses to cable operators and will initiate a crackdown on OTT platforms following the conclusion of Eidul Azha.

Arain advocated for a tax exemption in the cable sector, drawing a parallel to the solar power industry and suggesting that taxes on cable operators should be eased. However, he did not provide a specific explanation or justification for this request.

Furthermore, he highlighted an inequity where the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) collects Local Loop license fees from cable operators in US dollars, while subscribers make payments to cable operators in the local currency.

Arain deemed this situation unfair, citing the existing rupee-dollar exchange rate as a factor.

I cannot even fathom how braindead and stupid you need to be to go ahead with this.

Every single day you hear some news which wants to make you pull your hair out. Pehle hi baal gir rahay hain :P

Sorry, I didn't get... Crackdown for what reasons?

If related to adult contains, then I believe usually kiss and bed kiss scenes of turkey, Chinese, korean, west and even now indians dramas are - very common in OTT platforms.

Pakistan channels usually cut those scenes and air the show... I believe.

Are they going to remove all those movies and dramas?

I find this useful in 1 way only. I see too much LGBTQ narrative in Netflix and many of my students watch those shows although I insist them to watch good documentaries on Netflix that are useful and give knowledge. Netflix has negative impact more than positive. Nowadays each TV series has LGBTQ narrative.

I don't mean disrespect to anyone's opinion but Pakistan is not yet open about this discussion so seeing so many shows like these gives negative impact.
More than the LGBTQ content, it's the pajeet content that annoys the shit out of me on Netflix and Amazon.

A useless institute , PAMRA , doing useless things

While it itself is the hinderance in roadway to True Democracy and Right of People

Simply - doing something for "Sake" of showing itself as doing something positive in Pakistan to save the jobs of the useless workforce employed by it who do nothing but , censor the voice of Pakistani demanding freedom from this Army based Junta

All the Drama Bazi , to show people some activity but behind the sceen the big political party heads and other head of institutes involved in all sort of Rang Raliyan

When someone gets caught a superficial 5th marrige is performed

He said:

These cable operators in Pakistan are literally fat disgusting 55 year old men.

They are the reason why DTH isn't being allowed in Pakistan. Imagine preventing advancement because you're too stupid to understand.

Screenshot_20230630_184508.jpg

Last edited:
These cable operators in Pakistan are literally fat disgusting 55 year old men.

They are the reason why DTH isn't being allowed in Pakistan. Imagine preventing advancement because you're too stupid to understand.

View attachment 935921

Everything in Pakistan is held hostage by these 50 year old ancient people with no concept of modern technology or upgradation with the times.

Textile, automotive, cable, mail, freight, taxation, you keep listing.

Dunya modern technology ko adopt kar kay apna business model change karti hai, but they provide the best service to the customer.

In Pakistan, these dinosaurs actively lobby for the government to not allow the incoporation of modern technology so that they can keep their ancient ways.

Just listen to Shabbar Zaidi's interview with Kashif Abbasi. I implore everyone to listen to the full interview so you get an idea of how much hostage our governance system is to these people.

Mafias and interest groups reign supreme. They even led to the firing of our finance minister for God's sake, not once, but twice.

Some industries like telecom are free from these archaic people, but then our bureaucracy takes up the slack.

He said:

Is anything left for us to view 🤔

This utterly useless PEMRA will see nothing wrong in Pakistani ads, dramas, and movies, but it has a problem with streaming services.

Would never imagine that Pajeet holidays would get embraced. Turns out 2 nation theory was wrong.
Calm down Mullah sb. Throwing rang is just a celebration. A few months later same people beheaded and devoured the cow god..

Don't worry saar Pakistani school kids are the most vilely homophobic in the world despite growing up with LGTV propaganda.

Unfortunately it has infiitrated even Sesame Street. You will have to not allow kids to use a screen until the age of 12 or something like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom