What's new

Philippines signs pact with India for Brahmos missiles

Yes I agree but its just a suggestion. Better safe than sorry type of thing.
So, are you insinuating that the quality test teams of the armed forces of Phillipines, Vietnam etc are incompetent and they will probably miss any deficiencies in the products they are buying?

If they need quality weapon systems, they will go to Americans, Russians, or Europeans. The only reason they accept India weapons is the price.
you had the grand chance to test how inferior our weapon's were for 10 months.... if you know they are really not good quality then you should have taken a much bigger chance and liberated Arunachal and Sikkim and Ladakh.... why did you not?

India has been talking about the possible sales of Brahmos to Vietnam from 2010.
why do you listen to everything that we say, look other way

Yes, potential. That is the word I often see in India's statement.
you will see both potential and reality a lot in coming days

Nuts. This is a 90tech missile that flies fast but high and straight. Easily can be shot down. There is a reason why Russia won’t even induct Brahmos. As it’s a piece of sh*t.
Most everyone knows Russia did not induct due to range limitations, due to MTCR restrictions at the time on India (which the US helped overcome). 70% of your military missiles and inventory are from the 80s and 90s. BUT going by your logic_ would your Chinese airforce not inducting JF-17 be for the same reasons? :meeting:

Philippine would need at east 5 battery to cover strategic chokepoints.
Brahmos%2BCoverage%2Bat%2B290km%2BRange%2BWM.png

Philippine would need at east 5 battery to cover strategic chokepoints.
Brahmos%2BCoverage%2Bat%2B290km%2BRange%2BWM.png
And these strategic points can easily be neutralize by China's air launched supersonic/subsonic cruise missiles, Philippine has no credible defense system (SAM/Air Force) to protect these strategic points

And these strategic points can easily be neutralize by China's air launched supersonic/subsonic cruise missiles, Philippine has no credible defense system (SAM/Air Force) to protect these strategic points
attacking the Philippines will put into effect US security assurance for the Philippines, so please do it. The US is finding a way to position their long range hypersonic missile in the 1st and 2nd island chain.

Philippines signs pact with India for world's fastest supersonic missiles Brahmos
PHILIPPINES
  • Wednesday, 03 Mar 2021
    12:41 PM MYT

MANILA (Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN): The Philippines and India have signed an agreement for a potential supply of BrahMos cruise missiles, a product of collaboration by India and Russia, which the Philippine government hopes would boost coastal defence.
Philippine Defence Undersecretary Raymund Elefante and Indian Ambassador Shambu Kumaran signed an implementing agreement on Tuesday (March 2) at Camp Aguinaldo, headquarters of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, according to the Philippine Department of National Defence on Facebook.

The agreement involved the procurement of defence material and equipment by the Philippines from India, an emerging superpower rival of China in Asia.
"We are buying the BrahMos missiles," said Philippine Defence Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, who witnessed the signing ceremony.

He did not provide details of the procurement plan yet.
BrahMos are medium-range supersonic (faster than the speed of sound) missiles that can be launched from submarines, ships, planes or land. It is considered to be the fastest supersonic missile in the world.
Lorenzana said the agreement served as guide for the Philippines and India on "policies and procedures in the defence procurement".
It also served as a "legal framework for the procurement under the government-to-government modality", Lorenzana added.
The missile system, which can be used for coastal defence and ground attack, would boost Philippine military firepower in the face of threats to its maritime territory, coming mainly from Chinese aggression in the South China Sea.
Plans to procure the system stalled last year due to budgetary constraints caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Hindustan Times reported last year that India has offered a US$100 million line of credit to the Philippines for the weapons system purchase, but a government source privy to the deal said it could be more.
In separate occasions in January this year, Ambassador Kumaran and BrahMos Aerospace chief executive and managing director Sudhir Mishra visited the Philippine Army and Philippine Marines, the potential users of the BrahMos missiles. - Philippine Daily Inquirer/Asia News Network

great going

attacking the Philippines will put into effect US security assurance for the Philippines, so please do it. The US is finding a way to position their long range hypersonic missile in the 1st and 2nd island chain.
I say IF war will happen in southeast Asia, these point will be easy targets for PLAAF and China is the most peaceful country on the world unlike west, and you're slave of the west
great going
Fastest Cruise Missiles on the Planet:lol::lol:

Ofcourse. It is joint Indo-Russian collaboration. What is the question really?

Without the Russians, it was not possible to have this Mach 3.8 missile whose components are still imported from Russia and whose design is based on Yakhont - a Russian supersonic missile.

Once in the Philippine's armed forces, the missile would be enslaved to a non Indian GPS system - Indian GPS would be of no help to it, because it has a regional reach (limitations) with a 1500 KM radius.

And finally, Russians must approve the intended export of BrahMos to any third country.

Remember how the moon lander crashed?
Because the Russians were not on board to share this technology with India.

Internationally India has a lower status as for as the technology prowess goes. Not like the US, Russia & China who are ahead of India.

You should have known the handicaps that India faces without asking me such an inconsequential and an immaterial question - unless you think India is a superpower as your government thinks and brainwashes its own Indians on such inane stuff.

Without the Russians, it was not possible to have this Mach 3.8 missile whose components are still imported from Russia and whose design is based on Yakhont - a Russian supersonic missile.

Once in the Philippine's armed forces, the missile would be enslaved to a non Indian GPS system - Indian GPS would be of no help to it, because it has a regional reach (limitations) with a 1500 KM radius.
I do not have the technical details. Clearly you have done more research on this topic. Can the missile not work on US GPS or Russian GPS ?
May be India would look to increase the range of its GPS in the future. Who knows.

And finally, Russians must approve the intended export of BrahMos to any third country.
What makes you believe that Russia is likely to object? It stands to earn too on this deal. And SE Asia has no enmity with Russia.

Remember how the moon lander crashed?
It was the very first attempt by India. It may succeed in another attempt or the one after that. Only those who attempt may fail at times and succeed later. No shame in trying and failing. Its only then that you learn.

Because the Russians were not on board to share this technology with India.
Blessing in disguise. It allows India to develop indigenous tech. It may take longer but will be cheaper, will have more control, will give more prestige.

Internationally India has a lower status as for as the technology prowess goes. Not like the US, Russia & China who are ahead of India.
Agreed. And hence we are working hard to come up to speed. Meanwhile, we are collaborating with US, Russia, Europe, Japan, Israel etc to learn from them.

You should have known the handicaps that India faces without asking me such an inconsequential and an immaterial question - unless you think India is a superpower as your government thinks and brainwashes its own Indians on such inane stuff.
India is not claiming that it is superpower today, but obviously dreams to be someday. You can only acheive something if you dream about it and plan accordingly.

I do not have the technical details. Clearly you have done more research on this topic. Can the missile not work on US GPS or Russian GPS ?
May be India would look to increase the range of its GPS in the future. Who knows.

What makes you believe that Russia is likely to object? It stands to earn too on this deal. And SE Asia has no enmity with Russia.

It was the very first attempt by India. It may succeed in another attempt or the one after that. Only those who attempt may fail at times and succeed later. No shame in trying and failing. Its only then that you learn.

Blessing in disguise. It allows India to develop indigenous tech. It may take longer but will be cheaper, will have more control, will give more prestige.

Agreed. And hence we are working hard to come up to speed. Meanwhile, we are collaborating with US, Russia, Europe, Japan, Israel etc to learn from them.

India is not claiming that it is superpower today, but obviously dreams to be someday. You can only acheive something if you dream about it and plan accordingly.

I do not have the technical details

This way you only nailed your own coffin on this - with a Titanium nail.
Hence my subsequent and a follow up question to you; Why undress your woman if you cant do it?

What makes you believe that Russia is likely to object?

I never said they will.
But they can. Since they maintain the right on this being an equal partner.
Why put words into other's mouth - for you to look good?

1615307373024.png

Why the same aforementioned intention is missing on SU-30MKI, BrahMos, Israeli, US and French imported weaponry among others - Turkey and UAE included?

India still imports whopping 65% of its arms as I write.
Indigenous?

1615307821229.png

And the political reality emanating from Indian government should be trashed.

What is the mathematical probability of India being a superpower on economic ladder which is the crucial part part of being a superpower along with a big territory and technological prowess?

A tiny Switzerland is much wealthier than bigger India, yet it cant dream to become a superpower because it cant. Why?

Because its a tiny nation.

Any probable superpower must have 3 crucial components for it to become a superpower viz; Bigger territory, bigger economy and a cluster of core technologies.

The US alone nets nearly 130 billion dollars from patent fees, royalties, licenced production, trademarks yearly (service trade) something that is the GDP of oil rich nation, namely; Kuwait.

Year 2060:
India would be a 3rd laggard nation after the US & China economically according to a Japanese government projection.

Henceforth, from here onwards to 40 more years journey - India has no practical chance of becoming a superpower - unless these two nations (US & China) vaporize into thin air.

Depending on your age being an Indian you probably wont survive, considering the average lifespan of Indians to be paltry 70 years - below Nepal and Bangladesh and below the world average of 73 years.

Just think; can you marry Elizabeth Holmes who is single and a beautiful billionaire?
What are your odds to achieve this feat based on your probable dreams?

Can you be little practical & pragmatic and not build your castles in the air?

If only daily bread came through dreams - Even Elon Musk would stop working.

I understand your jingoism, but it wont help your country conquer the US or China, even 100 years hereafter.

Dreams?
Get a life my friend.

Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand:

1615309560325.png

I never said they will. But they can. Since they maintain the right on this being an equal partner.

Why the same aforementioned intention is missing on SU-30MKI, BrahMos, Israeli, US and French imported weaponry among others - Turkey and UAE included?

India still imports whopping 65% of its arms as I write. Indigenous?

What is the mathematical probability of India being a superpower on economic ladder which is the crucial part part of being a superpower along with a big territory and technological prowess?

Year 2060:
India would be a 3rd laggard nation after the US & China economically according to a Japanese government projection. Henceforth, from here onwards to 40 more years journey - India has no practical chance of becoming a superpower - unless these two nations (US & China) vaporize into thin air. I understand your jingoism, but it wont help your country conquer the US or China, even 100 years hereafter.
You write a lot of gibberish along with few points of importance. I had to cut through a lot to make any sense.

Russia can technically object. But back to my question, why would they ever will? There are absolutely no reasons. So why waste time pondering over it.

India at this stage needs a good mix of collaboration and indigenous development. Slowly, we are becoming better at our own tech and the import percentage in weapons is coming down. It will not go away in a year or in a decade, but it will come down considerably over time.

All projections for 2060 or beyond say India will be either #2 or #3. So do your math.

When did I say that being a superpower means that you need to conquer China or US.
US remained the sole superpower for many decades. In sometime, it will be a duopoly of China and US.

India will make it a 3 way race after it becomes superpower. By saying that, it does not mean we have to necesarily be antagonistic to the other superpowers. In fact, with US, I think we can always maintain good relations.

You write a lot of gibberish along with few points of importance. I had to cut through a lot to make any sense.

Russia can technically object. But back to my question, why would they ever will? There are absolutely no reasons. So why waste time pondering over it.

India at this stage needs a good mix of collaboration and indigenous development. Slowly, we are becoming better at our own tech and the import percentage in weapons is coming down. It will not go away in a year or in a decade, but it will come down considerably over time.

All projections for 2060 or beyond say India will be either #2 or #3. So do your math.

When did I say that being a superpower means that you need to conquer China or US.
US remained the sole superpower for many decades. In sometime, it will be a duopoly of China and US.

India will make it a 3 way race after it becomes superpower. By saying that, it does not mean we have to necesarily be antagonistic to the other superpowers. In fact, with US, I think we can always maintain good relations.

Russia can technically object
why would they ever
will

If they can, they will - based on their power n prowess to exercise their will when the recipient country does not fit their parameters.

Example of an imaginary scenario:

India and Ukraine are friends, Ukraine is collaborating with India to increase its space heavy lift capability from 4 tonnes to 6 tonnes.. If India wants to export these BrahMos to Ukraine, Russia will oppose.
There could be few more such examples similarly.
What is hard to understand here?

Your paragraph is full of inconsistency and a discrepancy.

Neither did I imply any such sense either that you seem to portray to counter me with your futile attitude.

Being a superpower is a status - not being an outlaw, marauding & a rogue nation out to engage and indulge into periodic warfare.

The difference is stark, for anyone to comprehend with couple of (zig-zagging) neurons - obfuscation apart.

The US is a superpower.
Russia and China = Great powers (UNSC members)
India = A regional power.

Back
Top Bottom