Reaction score
Country
India
arjun+2+1.JPG

arjun+2+2.JPG

Livefist: PHOTOS: Arjun Mk.2 In Desert Trials

http://livefist.blogspot.in/2012/08/indias-arjun-mk2-tank-revealed.html

for more details with ease, members can visit this thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/201380-indias-arjun-mk-2-tank-revealed.html

Holy ****, that looks great!!
Hopefully with every iteration of a platform we get better and cut development times, Arjun MK2 LCA MK2 ect.

^^ this will happen

follow on products, based on existing weapons take less time

Stunning.

But still not sure about the value of putting a mine plow in every unit.

Also, the armor at the front of the turret look asymmetric - the area just to the left of the main gun has sloped armor, while the right side does not.

Stunning.

Also, the armor at the front of the turret look asymmetric - the area just to the left of the main gun has sloped armor, while the right side does not.

Mine ploughs are necessary on all tanks.

One can see holes for fixing something to the left of the main gun - it must have been removed hence the gap.

Stunning.

They will fix it eventually

Looks very nice. Armour looks more stronger than Mk1 version.

Stunning.

AFAIK thats not sloped armor, these are reactive armor bricks.

AFAIK thats not sloped armor, these are reactive armor bricks.

arjun will have both sloped and reactive armour all round its turret and will also have the israeli trophy system plus some other stuff aswell :cheers:

From what I understand this is NOT the Mk.2 rather Mk.1 which has been customised with some of the Mk.2's features. The full spec Mk.2 is around 1 year away until then the many upgrades of the Mk.2 will be tested on different customised Mk.1s for instance another Mk.1 will be used to test the new power plant, another will test the new electronics such as the APS and RCWS etc etc.

We will have to wait a while bottle we see the full-spec Mk.2 the IA have ordered.

& here is the competitor from neighbor ..

0COgC.jpg
:facpalm: NO need for this pal. Inviting trolls like yourself.

Mine ploughs are necessary on all tanks.

One can see holes for fixing something to the left of the main gun - it must have been removed hence the gap.

I'm no expert but I believe the mine plough will be fixed on not all But some tanks in a unit depending on threat levels, mission, unit size -whatever. The leading tanks will have the plough and will clear a path for the others in the unit to follow so,no, not EVERY tank will have a plough- they don't need to.

From what I understand this is NOT the Mk.2 rather Mk.1 which has been customised with some of the Mk.2's features. The full spec Mk.2 is around 1 year away until then the many upgrades of the Mk.2 will be tested on different customised Mk.1s for instance another Mk.1 will be used to test the new power plant, another will test the new electronics such as the APS and RCWS etc etc.

We will have to wait a while bottle we see the full-spec Mk.2 the IA have ordered.

There were news that the trials of MK2 has already started .

Back
Top Bottom