What's new

PHOTOS: Indian, US troops set Thar desert on fire!

Well that was a very innocent logic. But I am afraid Armies worldwide dont operate risking there Phsycological redyness in a futile situation wherein beliveing the person with the gun is a terrorist and a person without one is innocent especially in a century where human rights commission is stronger than the Army.

An Answer which I cannot give, but if you can crack it well and good..

I did say its simple logic- which is bound to be innocent-
there is no perfect secret way to confirm who is who until and unless you confiscate them-

thats the thing i pointed out regarding that picture- you cannot be damn sure in the heat of the battle- that the person coming out wearing civilian clothes and hands up is an unarmed innocent hostage- and look the other way-

Don't you remember the scene from batman 2 ?

The terrorist dressed up the hostages as themselves and mingled in

My reference point if asked was the 1996 movie named- Executive Decision-
if some one has watched the movie- he'll know what scenario of hostages uncertainty i was talking about-

there is no perfect secret way to confirm who is who until and unless you confiscate them-

thats the thing i pointed out regarding that picture- you cannot be damn sure in the heat of the battle- that the person coming out wearing civilian clothes and hands up is an unarmed innocent hostage- and look the other way-

Mate let's be honest you are always going to be looking to fault India and her armed forces. We have no way of knowing what is going on outside of the shot, there may be soldiers trained on the people coming out or there maybe soldiers just behind this man but unseen. One photo does not clearly or fairly represent the IA's CI doctrine or capability. The IA is arguably the most experienced and capable army in the world when it comes to CI so I don't think there is much you could teach them or much they don't already know.

IMG_6102.JPG

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6025.JPG

IMG_6131.JPG

IMG_6147.JPG

IMG_6153.JPG

Why BS banter is going on this thread . Dragging in Bollywood and all .

just enjoy the pictures and discuss them in a civilised way . Damn

BTW , is this terrain similar to Afghanistan ? It does look like that . But Afghanistan is a mountainous country is it not ?

Well that was a very innocent logic. But I am afraid Armies worldwide dont operate risking there Phsycological redyness in a futile situation wherein beliveing the person with the gun is a terrorist and a person without one is innocent especially in a century where human rights commission is stronger than the Army.

An Answer which I cannot give, but if you can crack it well and good..

Sir I'd try two from what I have read:

1)If the Intelligence has photos of the terrorists makes the jobs easier.
2)In hijack like situations where speed is the name of the game I'd look at the guys hands rather than his face.

So be it if you think the obvious logic prevails over the scenario. I consider it my failure to make you understand. Well we are at the end I guess...

My God, you scared me. I thought it was for real. :lol:

I am sorry dear that's not the reason why so few muslim's in armed forces . It's more to do with British recruitment policy .British historically use recruit from so called martial tribe that is Sikh's, Rajput's, Maratha's, Pashtun's .

Thats why even though sikh's are only 2% of population they are representation is 12% in army , same with Gurkha's there may be close 40,000 gurkhas in IA.

Now i am not a great supporter of martial race theory, but this set up has worked for as quiet well. The quality of recruits coming from these community are quite good.It is considered as pride to join the army serve the country in these community's.

Same with Pakistan they have good majority of Pashtun's in their ranks, 90% of their officer cadre are Punjabi's. So low representation of Muslims in IA is more may be due to british legacy than anything else

You are true, but after Independence this is not how recruitment work. There are many example that ppl go in different battalian based on there choice than religion.

Sikh regiment is an exception. Shaheed Cpt Manoj pandey (PVC) was not gurkha, but he was leading Gurkha regement. Like wise there are many relative of mine who are brahmin, but they are serving Rajputana rifles.

But again you are right, Due to martial theory there is a trend in some section of society to join army. I have seen many village where at least one from family join Armed forces.

But Indian muslims are not interested in joining armed forces. There participation in Recruitment and SSB is negligible. Indian armed forces is not racist, its not that they don't recruit Muslims. Its simple that Muslim turn out is very-very low (may be one out of 10,000).

Back
Top Bottom