What's new

Picture of the Day

turnoffcapslock.png

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/vdkbxx.jpg/

Munaf Patel knew about the run-out before 3rd umpire..
http://img704.imageshack.us/i/90684508.jpg/

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/1268672459647.jpg/

hey isnt this the same hotel captian price shot imran zakhiev frm in cod4

lol..man.. did u just read my mind.. when i saw these pictures,that was what i thought first...anyways these games r heavily influenced by history ,the documentaries available.
Many Soviet era cities look identical,as they were made during the same time following almost a same model plan.So,I wouldn't be surprised if the city planning as well as building outlooks match to some extent.

wasim_akram(1).jpg

Wasim Akram--One of the finest sportsman and a gentleman, respectable inside the field as well as outside the field....one of my idols

sachin-tendulkar9.jpg

Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar--Pehaps the greatest cricketer the World has ever seen,definitely one of the best.The great humble and gracious personality never fails to impress.....one of my idols

Last edited:
culd u plz explain what r these pics?how all these happened

yeah ,sure..ill try my best...

These pictures r of the city of Pripyat.The city remains almost abandoned till date.All the inhabitants of the city had to be evacuated in order to save them from the nuclear fallout of an accident that occurred in reactor 4 of Chernobyl nuclear power plant.The city has a ghostly appearance without its inhabitants.

Chernobyl_Disaster.jpg

The nuclear reactor after the disaster. Reactor 4 (center). Turbine building (lower left). Reactor 3 (center right).(as in wikipedia)

“In matters nuclear one thing is certain: there is no protection in an iron curtain.” A letter in The Times May 3rd, 1986.

On the 26th of April 1986 shortly after midnight, to be precise, at 1:23 GMT, there occurred near the Ukrainian town of Chornobyl a tremendous explosion at a huge nuclear power plant, followed by a gradual meltdown of the reactor No. 4.

Chornobyl is situated 80 miles north-west of Kiev, the ancient capital of Ukraine and the Soviet Union’s third largest city.

It was by far the worst nuclear reactor accident ever, which immediately sent a radioactive cloud across neighbouring Byelorussia, Poland and the Baltic Republics towards Scandinavia.

Within days, borne by shifting winds, radioactive mists wafted beyond Soviet borders and spread across most of Europe causing anxiety, apprehension and fear.

The most badly affected were the Republics of Ukraine and Byelorussia. They suffered large scale involuntary irradiation, due to extensive secrecy, and great economic damage. Furthermore the contaminated air mass passed over large areas of Poland and also over parts of Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania and Yugoslavia and a number of West European countries.

Till now the land is abandoned, thousands of houses, thousands acres of the land, everything is now stays almost the same as it was 24 years ago.

culd u plz explain what r these pics?how all these happened

dud its papyrat a Russian city after Chernobyl blast ,entire city was evacuated and thousands died(a nuclear reactor melt down caused the blast) wiki may give better answer..

Back
Top Bottom