What's new

PLA 20 Years Behind U.S. Military: Chinese DM

It's funny how a buch of Vietnamese idiots claim how bad the Chinese economy is. It's like Mexico telling United States they're poor, or Zimbabwe giving advice to South Africa. To put it figuretively, a midget calling a giant short. Never go full retard.

As far as the military gap goes, 20 years sounds about right. China hopefully will achieve parity in naval power with United States in the Pacific theatre by 2040. Note that I said Pacific theatre, not the entire USN as a whole. That will take at least another two decades, if ever at all. We're very realistic about our future and realize we're not a match for Americans yet.

If only a certain country would measure their own strength first as well.......

20 years? Bullshit. From the current comparison of their highest level of technology and quantity of that technology (especially in naval areas), I would put the gap at 30 years.

20 years? Bullshit. From the current comparison of their highest level of technology and quantity of that technology (especially in naval areas), I would put the gap at 30 years.

The US of 1980s had better naval platform like Nimitz carrier, but its naval aircraft and a2a/a2g/anti-ship missiles weren't even comparable to those of the modern era.

If you put the US supercarrier battlegroup of 1980s against the modern PLAN, then do you really how much chance their supercarriers battlegroup without the Aegis defence system could stand against today's anti-ship missile shower attack?

The US of 1980s had better naval platform like Nimitz carrier, but its naval aircraft and a2a/a2g/anti-ship missiles weren't even comparable to those of the modern era.

If you put the US supercarrier battlegroup of 1980s against the modern PLAN, then do you really how much chance their supercarriers battlegroup without the Aegis defence system could stand against today's anti-ship missiles shower attack?

Here's the thing. The gap is greater in some areas than others. For examples, in the field of nuclear attack submarines, China is currently 40 years behind the US. However, in laser and guided missile and anti missile technology, China may be only a few years behind (or even ahead in some missile areas).

Here's the thing. The gap is greater in some areas than others. For examples, in the field of nuclear attack submarines, China is currently 40 years behind the US. However, in laser and guided missile and anti missile technology, China may be only a few years behind (or even ahead in some missile areas).

SSBN about 20 years and SSN a bit more.

But lets see how good is Type 095.

Yep, get back into actinon as you want, but your China future is quite Dark, Age threatening comming, having more poor Chinese because of High inflation, same mistake with USSR.

Your choice, stop Arm racing, or collapse in High inflation .

LOL China is growing at 10% a year. China can nuke Vietnam back to the stone age and colonize all of Vietnam.

LOL China is growing at 10% a year. China can nuke Vietnam back to the stone age and colonize all of Vietnam.

lol.. What's the point of colonizing Vietnam once you have nuked it to the stone age? You don't want a colony full of radio active materials.. do you??

lol.. What's the point of colonizing Vietnam once you have nuked it to the stone age? You don't want a colony full of radio active materials.. do you??

Hydrogen bombs dropped on major cities will vaporize most of the Vietnamese, while the country side can be exploited for resources. Silly Indians have no imagination for how thoroughly Vietnam can be crushed if it challenges China's power.

Hydrogen bombs dropped on major cities will vaporize most of the Vietnamese, while the country side can be exploited for resources. Silly Indians have no imagination for how thoroughly Vietnam can be crushed if it challenges China's power.

That would be genocide and we'd be no better then the Americans. China will respond proportionately and this thing won't go beyond a skirmish (if that even happens) once the Vietnamese realizes how isolated they are.

If Vietnam drags Americans into violating China's waters, and if American warships take hostile action, then all options are on the table, including nuclear strikes. China will not be bullied into giving up its waters to an upstart like Vietnam.

& you have the audacity to call indians silly??

& you have the audacity to call indians silly??

And your point is? If it comes down to MAD, you don't think China will be willing to use its nuclear arsenal? I don't put any stock into calls that Indians have low IQ, but you're giving me more and more reason to believe.

The first batch of Type 093s are comparable to the early Los Angeles class. Early 1970s technology.

Well the early Los Angeless SSNs came out in the mid-1970s and the Type-093 in the mid 2000s. That makes it 30 year gap. I doubt that the Type-093 is only as good as the early Los Angeles class SSNs, I would put them as good as the improved Los Angeles class. The reason is that China has produced SSK's that are maybe only around 10-15 years behind that of the West, and it is illogical to think that it will be 30 years behind in terms of SSNs then. A lot of the technology like quietening tiles and propeller blades are pretty much interchangeable between the SSNs and SSKs. The hardest part for China when it comes to SSNs is the nuclear reactor as it is very hard to make a "quiet" reactor to fit into a submarine.

And your point is? If it comes down to MAD, you don't think China will be willing to use its nuclear arsenal? I don't put any stock into calls that Indians have low IQ, but you're giving me more and more reason to believe.

so you think if a war breaks out between china & vietnam, china will be compelled to drop hydrogen bombs on vietnam? donno about the level of indian low IQ, bet tells a lot about your's though!!

If war breaks out between China and Vietnam, and the US threatens China with conventional or nuclear forces, then I will not rule out the use of China's nuclear arsenal. You need to improve your English comprehension skills. Does your English teacher have to spell everything out to you like I have to? Low IQ.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom