What's new

PLA 20 Years Behind U.S. Military: Chinese DM

You can protect your Gov, but you can not erase the Trust. your gov is Dictator, they love killing the poor Chinese than giving them a better life. You said China is rich, but poor Chinese still poor, and even poorer with High inflation.

Why does not your gov listen to the poor ??if they reduce money for Military spending, they will have more money for the poor bro.

Uhh...doesn't Vietnam currently having problems with its poor also? Along with the so called "human rights" issue? The post wars government of Vietnam after the retirement of Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap has been quite incompetent lately. You make business with China and other countries at first, then suddenly you complain about the arms race? Isn't it a little late for that? Yes the US embargo from the late '70s till mid '90s did damage to the VN economy, but she could still do more with other neighbors around her.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/113891-us-not-coming-ph-aid-vs-china.html and the Philipines are former colonies with an explicit mutual defence pact. How much are they going to care about the viets.

Good post. Let everyone know that only by building up China's military capability can we prevent imperial powers like America from containing China's rise and chipping away at China's territory. China's carrier building program is thus crucial to our national sovereignty. Without military dominance of the South China Sea, we invite foreigners to take advantage of our national inheritance.

p.s. Americans don't care about Vietnamese, but they do care about containing China. That's why Americans are rebuilding the relationship that once brought them hell.

The argument that China should disarm itself because a strong PLA will invite balancing by neighbouring countries is a braindead argument. A helpless China with an overwhelming dominant economy will still be seen as a threat and will invite not only balancing but exploitation aka The Century of Humiliation. The only way for China to secure its heritage is to become overwhelmingly dominant, militarily and economically, in East Asia. That way, no country is able to strong-arm concessions from China. And plenty of countries want a piece of the motherland--Vietnam, Indian, Philippines, not to mention the aggressive and mercurial Russians.

The best example of what I'm talking about is the relation between Cuba and the US. Cuba has the potential to cause a lot of troubles to the US because if its proximity, but because of American dominance in the Caribbean, not even the Soviet Union was able to use Cuba as a missile base. The only way to secure China's security is to become the superpower of East Asia.

Well the early Los Angeless SSNs came out in the mid-1970s and the Type-093 in the mid 2000s. That makes it 30 year gap. I doubt that the Type-093 is only as good as the early Los Angeles class SSNs, I would put them as good as the improved Los Angeles class. The reason is that China has produced SSK's that are maybe only around 10-15 years behind that of the West, and it is illogical to think that it will be 30 years behind in terms of SSNs then. A lot of the technology like quietening tiles and propeller blades are pretty much interchangeable between the SSNs and SSKs. The hardest part for China when it comes to SSNs is the nuclear reactor as it is very hard to make a "quiet" reactor to fit into a submarine.

The Type 093 is split into two batches. The first batch is what you see in most photos (consisting of a couple of boats). The later improved Type 093 supposedly incorporates Type 094 technologies, redesigned hull, and no diving planes. This will improve its acoustic signature. However, we don't have any specs on the Type 093 improved variant, so we can't say anything about it.

A report on the PLA Navy puts the early Type 093s on the same level as the initial production of the Los Angeles class.

SSKs and SSNs rely on different propulsion, and as you know, propulsion is the major deciding factor in the quietness of the submarine. Perfecting a nuclear reactor that will provide low sound will take time.

I expect the Type 095 to be comparable to the Barracuda. I don't know about the Type 096 except for the fact that it may have 24 missile tubes and possibly magnetohydrodynamic propulsion.

Yep, USSR could not run bussines well, coz they kept track on Arm racing with USA, they forgot that USSR citizen were getting poor and tired with High inflation.

USSR always biggest benefactor, they're still help Vn lots, diffrent to China.^^

We did not betray China, we just can not stand the Evil gov, did the students in Tienanmen betray China Gov ??

The inflation rate in Vitnam is 20% in May, the financial market in Vitnam is controlled by the wallstreet. I cannot understand why u feel so confident about the economic in ur country. U can accuse the high inflation rate in Ussar and China, why u cannot look at ur self.

The argument that China should disarm itself because a strong PLA will invite balancing by neighbouring countries is a braindead argument. A helpless China with an overwhelming dominant economy will still be seen as a threat and will invite not only balancing but exploitation aka The Century of Humiliation. The only way for China to secure its heritage is to become overwhelmingly dominant, militarily and economically, in East Asia. That way, no country is able to strong-arm concessions from China. And plenty of countries want a piece of the motherland--Vietnam, Indian, Philippines, not to mention the aggressive and mercurial Russians.

The best example of what I'm talking about is the relation between Cuba and the US. Cuba has the potential to cause a lot of troubles to the US because if its proximity, but because of American dominance in the Caribbean, not even the Soviet Union was able to use Cuba as a missile base. The only way to secure China's security is to become the superpower of East Asia.

Amen to that. Arm none or arm all.

The Type 093 is split into two batches. The first batch is what you see in most photos (consisting of a couple of boats). The later improved Type 093 supposedly incorporates Type 094 technologies, redesigned hull, and no diving planes. This will improve its acoustic signature. However, we don't have any specs on the Type 093 improved variant, so we can't say anything about it.

A report on the PLA Navy puts the early Type 093s on the same level as the initial production of the Los Angeles class.

SSKs and SSNs rely on different propulsion, and as you know, propulsion is the major deciding factor in the quietness of the submarine. Perfecting a nuclear reactor that will provide low sound will take time.

I expect the Type 095 to be comparable to the Barracuda. I don't know about the Type 096 except for the fact that it may have 24 missile tubes and possibly magnetohydrodynamic propulsion.

I also saw that report and not totally convinced about it's accuracy, but we shall never know.

If the Type-095 SSN reaches the level of the upcoming Barrucuda then it will be excellent as the Chinese SSN technology will be getting ever closer to the level of the US SSNs.

I also saw that report and not totally convinced about it's accuracy, but we shall never know.

If the Type-095 SSN reaches the level of the upcoming Barrucuda then it will be excellent as the Chinese SSN technology will be getting ever closer to the level of the US SSNs.

I believe that the report on the Type 093s are more accurate than other reports and blogs that we see.

Nothing is confirmed about the Type 095 until we actually see it.

Yeah, they will need alot, and it will make China's inflation getting Worse when Oil price is increasing.

5 % inflation still the Modest, my God .^^.

havent i told you stop embarrassing youself with economy?`` its just you seriouly lack of very basic knowledge of economy growth and inflations stuffs``:)

Uhh...doesn't Vietnam currently having problems with its poor also? Along with the so called "human rights" issue? The post wars government of Vietnam after the retirement of Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap has been quite incompetent lately. You make business with China and other countries at first, then suddenly you complain about the arms race? Isn't it a little late for that? Yes the US embargo from the late '70s till mid '90s did damage to the VN economy, but she could still do more with other neighbors around her.
VN is still poor, so we will never get in the arms race, and i'm telling about China's arms race here, and I think if they continue, China's inflation will get higher, and finaly Collapsed like USSR.^^

I comlain No thing about that arms race, coz that's China's choice.But I think , it's much better if them stop, coz no country can envade China, and Asia will live in peace.^^

VN is still poor, so we will never get in the arms race, and i'm telling about China's arms race here, and I think if they continue, China's inflation will get higher, and finaly Collapsed like USSR.^^

I comlain No thing about that arms race, coz that's China's choice.But I think , it's much better if them stop, coz no country can envade China, and Asia will live in peace.^^

The inflation rate in ur country is 20% in a month and has been increasing in five months. Are u insane? Arm race with China?

20 years is being kind. The US did Gulf War I 20 years ago, and China still doesn't have that kind of power projection. That said the US had to run a world empire, China doesn't have that need.
Blindly matching U.S. capabilities is at best a waste. Chinese should develop their own standards.

What about PLA capabilities for non-combat operations within China itself? Earthquake relief? Forest-fire suppression? Flood, river, and irrigation management? Aren't all of these part of the PLA's duties as well?

What about PLA capabilities for non-combat operations within China itself? Earthquake relief? Forest-fire suppression? Flood, river, and irrigation management? Aren't all of these part of the PLA's duties as well?

They are arguing that it shouldn't be the case, so they want to form specialized disaster relief forces.

In the US there is also voice on how the US army engineers corps shouldn't be responsible for maintaining the ageing highway network.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom