What's new

PLA Launches Fourth Type 052d 'chinese Aegis' Destroyer

Hafizzz

Reaction score
Kunming-111509_copy1.jpg

PLA launches fourth Type 052D 'Chinese Aegis' destroyer|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

China's fourth Type 052D guided-missile destroyer — Chengdu — has been launched by the PLA Navy, reports China's Global Times.

The Type 052D is one of the most powerful naval combat systems in PLA Navy service. A modified version of its predecessor, the Type 052C, the Type 052D adds a new 130mm main gun, equipping it with both sea-to-air and sea-to-land attack capabilities. It also has the Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar system.

The Chengdu is the 10th Chinese surface combat vessel to be referred as the "Chinese Aegis." With AESA radar and a 64-cell vertical launching system, the destroyer is comparable to Arleigh Burke-class destroyers in the US Navy. It also boasts advanced weapons systems such as HQ-9 long-range air defense missiles and DH-10 cruise missiles.

The nation's first Type 052D destroyer — Kunming — has completed a test of its propulsion systems in the East China Sea, according to the report.

China is now capable of deploying between two and three advanced surface combat ships while Japan is limited to one. In addition, China is designing a new Type 055 guided-missile destroyer comparable to the US Zumwalt-class. Equipped with a railgun and HQ-26 surface-to-air missiles, the Type 055 will serve as PLA Navy's main surface combat ship between 2020 and 2030.

Not quite yet if “launch” means “floating out”,which is likely for this Dec. or Jan。2014.

The 5th 052D will be launched April or May 2014,by which time the 1st Type 055 should also hopefully find itself on the building berth。

PS 052D uses HQ-9B,not HQ-9。

why they're calling it Chinese Aegis??there is no Aegis comparable system(read missiles) installed in it.one miight compare SM-2 with HQ-9,but where is SM-3 comparable system??or is it that the role of serving as Anti Air warfare system is the reason??

why they're calling it Chinese Aegis??there is no Aegis comparable system(read missiles) installed in it.one miight compare SM-2 with HQ-9,but where is SM-3 comparable system??or is it that the role of serving as Anti Air warfare system is the reason??

Do you even know what you are talking about when you are comparing SM-2 with HQ-9?

You were saying that India's Mars mission is more advance than US projects. Now you are trolling else where. To be honest, I don't know much about HQ-9. And you definitely don't know about either SM-2 nor HQ-9. So share what you know first before make any assertions about others.

Do you even know what you are talking about when you are comparing SM-2 with HQ-9?

again you come here to quote me??told you not to quote me at all...I'd better get no answer than being quoted by you.

any other members please.

This information first came out from the Russian media, but they got wrong.

Chengdu (the place where J-20 was born) will be named after the lead ship of the Type 055, not the fourth ship of the Type 052D.

Any specs ?

The upgraded version of the AESA radars of the Type 052D, and double amount of VLS compared to the Type 052D.

again you come here to quote me??told you not to quote me at all...I'd better get no answer than being quoted by you.

any other members please.

The whole forum need to know that you claimed that THAAD has been failing like NMD. And now you are here to talk about HQ-9. You should not be here or any where talking about crap you don't know about.

The upgraded version of the AESA radars of the Type 052D, and double amount of VLS compared to the Type 052D.

128 VLS??? :o:

even Zumwalt has 80.

The whole forum need to know that you claimed that THAAD has been failing like NMD. And now you are here to talk about HQ-9. You should not be here or any where talking about crap you don't know about.

THAAD->RED->Missile

NMD->BLUE->Whole Defense System

why on earth I'd compare a missile with entire Missile defence System consisting various missiles.

@ChineseTiger1986

could you please get off faithfulguy from my @$$ by giving him some info about American Missile Defence.he got completely confused,and already quoted me atleast dozen times.I even tried to warn him but of no use...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom