What's new

PLAAF vs. USAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider USSR and USA were both allies of India, so it is a smart move to not move further.

One on one, China can easily handle India for sure, whether back in 1962 or today.

hahaha they were both allies even in 1962,1 on 1 why r u then waiting for

some of the chines here r arrogantly considering themselves better then americans and now 1 says u retreated back just because of u.s

hahaha they were both allies even in 1962,1 on 1 why r u then waiting for

some of the chines here r arrogantly considering themselves better then americans and now 1 says u retreated back just because of u.s

When did I say China is better than US?

Stronger Land Army =/= Stronger Military Overall

No one denies that US has overwhelming advantages in air force and navy compared to the rest of the world.

When did I say China is better than US?

Stronger Land Army =/= Stronger Military Overall

No one denies that US has overwhelming advantages in air force and navy compared to the rest of the world.

just scroll up and see these is not the the same facts other r claiming here

Consider USSR and USA were both allies of India, so it is a smart move to not move further.

One on one, China can easily handle India for sure, whether back in 1962 or today.

China? even North Korea or Vietnam could handle India properly one on one, let alone China.:D

pla better than u.s army:rofl:

and i saw flying pigs around my window

just a straight comparison,lets go back to the korean war

lets look at the casualities first

chinese casuality
114,000 killed in combat
34,000 non-combat deaths
380,000 wounded
21,400 POW

american casuality
36,516 dead (including 2,830 non-combat deaths)
92,134 wounded
8,176 MIA
7,245 POW

so whose better than whom
and that was in 1953,the gap has only widen

and there r many chinese here who claim they won the war
then have a look at this
Korean War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Wikipedia" written by Indian on US server:azn:

<China has a large army.But no one knows how battle ready and hardened it is.
No offense to chinese members but it reminds me of a sentence from the movie 300
Leonidus tells xerxes
"You have many slaves and few warriors.They fear your whips more than my sword">

Are u talking sh*t?

1950-1953:
North Korea would have been occupied by the Gringos if the Chinese army did not save them.

1962:
India got her *** kick badly in the '60 war. China should not have withdrawn from AP voluntarily.

The Chinese launched simultaneous offensives in Ladakh and across the McMahon Line on 20 October 1962, coinciding with the Cuban Missile Crisis. Chinese troops advanced over Indian forces in both theaters, capturing Rezang la in Chushul in the western theater, as well as Tawang in the eastern theater. The war ended when the Chinese declared a ceasefire on 20 November 1962, and later withdrew from the disputed area.

1969:
In 1969 Soviet and Chinese soldiers fought a bloody battle over Damansky Island which lies in the Ussuri River. The fighting stopped just short of all-out war but it caused a huge military build-up. Since 1984 the tensions have eased and there is now substantial cross-border trade. Damansky and some other islands were transferred back to China in 1991.

1974:
Chinese military recaptured Paracel Islands from South Vietnam.

1979:
Chinese army bloodied North Vietnamese army:
In February 1979 China attacked along virtually the entire Sino-Vietnamese border in a brief, limited campaign that involved ground forces only. The Chinese attack came at dawn on the morning of 17 February 1979, and employed infantry, armor, and artillery. Air power was not employed then or at any time during the war. Within a day, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) had advanced some eight kilometers into Vietnam along a broad front. It then slowed and nearly stalled because of heavy Vietnamese resistance and difficulties within the Chinese supply system. On February 21, the advance resumed against Cao Bang in the far north and against the all-important regional hub of Lang Son. Chinese troops entered Cao Bang on February 27, but the city was not secured completely until March 2. Lang Son fell two days later. On March 5, the Chinese, saying Vietnam had been sufficiently chastised, announced that the campaign was over. Beijing declared its "lesson" finished and the PLA withdrawal was completed on March 16.

1987/1988:
PLA recaptured reefs and rocks from Vietnam.

In late 1987, PRC started to deploy troops to some unoccupied reefs of the Spratly Islands. No sooner than the PLA stormed the Johnson South Reef, did a skirmish began between the Vietnamese troops and PRC landing parties in March 14, 1988. Within a year , the PLA taken over seven reefs and rocks of Spratly Islands.

2001:
EP-3 Aries II spy plane under Chinese custody.

The dispute between the US and China over the downed US spy plane over Chinese territory, and the subsequent detention of the crew by the Chinese (see March 31, 2001, April 4-5, 2001, April 6-7, 2001, and April 8, 2001), is resolved. Chinese officials approve the letter from US officials expressing regret over the incident, and early that morning, the crew members are released into American custody. [CNN, 4/2001] The plane, filled with secret US surveillance equipment, remains in Chinese custody; it will eventually be disassembled on Hainan Island by US crews and returned to American custody in July, 2001.

The US knows better than anyone else how battle hardened our soldiers are.
Against whom? Monks and students? :lol:

That's why they aren't making any sudden moves on the ground.
This indicate you know nothing about the military in general and the army in particular.

We have a 100% volunteer force. Army pay is a bit better than factory worker pay. Unlike the US which has to pay huge cash (well, promise to pay huge cash) for those to join the army China has to turn away most recruits.
So how does that make the US military a conscription force?

But in the US, those who join the army are there for the cash bonuses (many of which are never paid).
Source for this please.

China has a large army.But no one knows how battle ready and hardened it is.
The Chinese know exactly how much RECENT war experience the PLA has: 0

The most productive years anyone can give to a military is at most 30yrs with the second half of that time span increasingly in the training and management role. If there are any combat experienced troops in the PLA from the Sino-Viet border dispute, the last major large scale combat action, they would be either retired or in some kind of training/management/advisory positions to younger troops. What the Chinese members here did was to grossly expand the definition of 'combat experience', no surprise there, to include institutional memory, of which every military has.

Institutional memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Institutional memory is a collective set of facts, concepts, experiences and know-how held by a group of people. As it transcends the individual, it requires the ongoing transmission of these memories between members of this group. Elements of institutional memory may be found in corporations, professional groups, government bodies, religious groups, academic collaborations and by extension in entire cultures.

Institutional memory is what senior and retired soldiers keep for their younger charges -- 'war stories' or 'tall tales' or something as historically significant as Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War' or Clausewitz's 'On War'. Any large organization knows the importance of institutional memory and their preservation and the military is no different. If anything, the military has a greater interests in institutional memory than civilian organizations. But in no way can institutional memory somehow endow younger troops with the combat induced reflexes, insights and instincts of those who truly have been in war and combat.

Right now...The most combat experienced military in the world is the US military -- all branches including National Guards -- with experiences from large scale troop movements to urban warfare to combined arms actions.

Combined arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Combined arms is an approach to warfare which seeks to integrate different arms of a military to achieve mutually complementary effects.
The PLA may have some training experience in combined arms but nothing to the level of the US military when you contrast Desert Storm against the Sino-Viet border clashes. If there is going to be a shooting fight between the PLA and the US Army, the PLA will lose despite its superior manpower. But since no modern military is going to go to war without air power, a shooting fight between the PLA, all branches, against the US military, the PLA will lose even worse.

No problems. Just shut yer trap and I will school you.

Understandable and I can relate to the feeling. I have been up in Canada a few times past and I can see how Americans view Canada as insignificant.

no for real? what about the canadian avro or arrow ??? we out dusted you americans that we had to close it due to ussr invation? remember ? honestely if we dident stop there we would be the first one to have a f 22

gambit remember? in the vietnam war when china told america to not cross the river what happend ? one answer ..... OPEND A NICE CAN OF CHINESE WHOOP ***

^^^ that was korean war, and China at the time had experience from WWII and civil war which ended in 1949

Dude, I can't answer your questions because I have never researched into French Indochina. It goes to show how insignificant that region is to the world. I'm as ignorant as white Americans on the Vietnam War, so don't get all emo on me.

The contemporary Vietnamese students does not know even US history, let alone Canada. Asian and Vietnamese history are rich and long enough for us to study for full 12 years of schooling. Who care about a country from a remote corner of the world, which is a parasite on US.
To Vietnam, economically and politically, Canada is also insignificant, even much less important than Thailand. Check our economic data to confirm.
You can be hatred to us, it is fair enough. I believe few Vietnamese will show love to you. But your insult show your stupidity and arrogance.

and the evidence for PLA being the best fighting unit in the world..?

Dude running tanks over un armed students dont classify exactly as bravery on the battle field..

"running tanks over un armed students " Evidence? Are you talking about June 4th incident? Cuz if that's the case, you are a pure Dumb ***, since that tank did NOT run over that student.

"Wikipedia" written by Indian on US server:azn:

why don't they mention how many south koreans were wiped out lol?

we were outnumbered by the UN and outgunned and still won.

80,000 soldiers could've conquered whole india if it wasn't for USSR and USA backing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom