What's new

PLAN’s Xia submarine to Pakistan?

oh its just a blog.Why in the world would Pakistan want an SSBN and that too type 92.It would be better that if Pakistan got type 214 and try it to convert into launching cruise missiles just as Israel has done with dolphin class.

It's not just any blog. It's the blog of Xinhui, a defense professional who's blog entries are frequently 'plagarised' by well-known publication.

Why do you think it would be great.

Can your Navy pay a Billion dollar a Sub.Chinese are very secretive at these matters so you think they will just give the sub even Russians only give away for lease but cannot officially sell the N subs to India its against International rules.

Besides N subs are noisy compared to modern non nuclear subs such as Type 214.Only advantage N subs have is endurance but your enemy is not 10,000 miles away its just next to your door step.

Nuclear submarines are also faster and can operate more powerful instruments.

A type-092 has undergone a major refit recently. That could possibly go to Pakistan. Considering that India's AWS sucks (no offence, China's does too, so does Pakistan's), it should have no problem shooting off its missiles, if there is any.

Just my 2 cents.

Han class SSN might be (more) usefull (than SSBN), plus two of those were already retired from PLAN and more are likely to follow as newer SSNs become available to PLAN in greater number.

The Type 092 is an obsolete noisy boomer.

Maybe the Type 094 would be a better option.

94 is probably not gonna be an option, they are relatively new and china is probably still trying to fulfill its own needs(4? maybe) so unless pakistan's land and air nuclear arms are some how rendered completely useless the 94's are gonna stay in china for now.

I dont support an old n.sub.
Better leave it and go for more conventional subs if possiable.
7 subs is wat PN is going to buy and instead of an old shitty n.sub we better buy one or 2 more conventional subs.

Pakistan should develop conventional subs that can launch ICBMs.

Pakistan should develop conventional subs that can launch ICBMs.

We have a triad capability.
N.subs are just for pschye warfare.
If we have to go for a N.sub it should be advanced and all..ive never seen Pakistan go for something thts not even reliable...
And dont think we will.

I'm afraid there's little chance that China will export SSBN. It is the top secret and any action about MDW by China will incur a crazy response from the western.
But I think if Pakistan wants N-sub technology, there's a lot of way to corporation between China and Pakistan, ^皿^

94 is probably not gonna be an option, they are relatively new and china is probably still trying to fulfill its own needs(4? maybe) so unless pakistan's land and air nuclear arms are some how rendered completely useless the 94's are gonna stay in china for now.

The technology of 094 is more than decades. In around 2015-2020, I don't think there would be any problem to sell these technologies to our Pakistani Brothers.

Also, China has already to start to work with the Type 096 which would be far more advanced.

Err... In fact, the problem with 094 was not in the boat, it was in the missile.
The development of SLBM type Julang-2 (JL-2, Julang means "billow in the ocean") was not favoring. Several experiment failed. And the CMC though the most important thing to maintan nuclear deterrence power in those days was enhancing the capacity of land based ICBMs. So the project of JL-2 was not a emergency and it went slow in solving probelms. Now the situation is different, JL-2 was thought to be operatable.

I'm afraid there's little chance that China will export SSBN. It is the top secret and any action about MDW by China will incur a crazy response from the western.
But I think if Pakistan wants N-sub technology, there's a lot of way to corporation between China and Pakistan, ^皿^

Don't give a **** what Western Zionists said. They are the ultimate example of being double standarded.

Do you truly believe that US has the true intention to stop the nuclear profileration? Take a look what Israel has done with more than 200 warheads. Did US do anything about that?

The fate of China and Pakistan have always been tied together. We both need to arm ourselves to in order to face the threat from US and the Western Nations.

After 911, the Bush Adminitration once wanted to bomb Pakistan into Stone Age if the Musharraf govt refused to suport the join operation against the Talibans.

Please, my fellow Chinese compatriots, having some balls to support our Pakistani Brother to enhance their nuclear arsenal, and this is what US has done to support its allies UK and France. The biggest threat for Pakistan is not India, but the bloody warmogering Western Zionist.

:china::pakistan:

Last edited:
Err... In fact, the problem with 094 was not in the boat, it was in the missile.
The development of SLBM type Julang-2 (JL-2, Julang means "billow in the ocean") was not favoring. Several experiment failed. And the CMC though the most important thing to maintan nuclear deterrence power in those days was enhancing the capacity of land based ICBMs. So the project of JL-2 was not a emergency and it went slow in solving probelms. Now the situation is different, JL-2 was thought to be operatable.

Where did you learn the fact that JL-2 has failed? I think some Pseudo Military news from some Taiwanese websites.

It's not just any blog. It's the blog of Xinhui, a defense professional who's blog entries are frequently 'plagarised' by well-known publication.

Nuclear submarines are also faster and can operate more powerful instruments.

A type-092 has undergone a major refit recently. That could possibly go to Pakistan. Considering that India's AWS sucks (no offence, China's does too, so does Pakistan's), it should have no problem shooting off its missiles, if there is any.

Just my 2 cents.

1.IDK maybe you are right.

2.ohhh.We are pooooooooor nation we cannot pay 1 billion dollars for 1 sub.Heck even our Naval budget is not a billion Dollars.Nuclear Submarines are top most secret weapons of countries and besides Russia nobody transfers them.

SSBN or even SSN is not our requirement.Chinese needed it in the past for Soviets and Americans and now they need it for Americans.We don't have an enemy which is 10,000 Miles away our India is next to our door.Conventional Submarines are our requirement they maybe lack in size and endurance but endurance is not our requirement.

Besides N-Subs are Noisy.We can't afford to pay for them.and Chinese are not going to give them us unless we by some accident become completely weak.

1.IDK maybe you are right.

2.ohhh.We are pooooooooor nation we cannot pay 1 billion dollars for 1 sub.Heck even our Naval budget is not a billion Dollars.Nuclear Submarines are top most secret weapons of countries and besides Russia nobody transfers them.

SSBN or even SSN is not our requirement.Chinese needed it in the past for Soviets and Americans and now they need it for Americans.We don't have an enemy which is 10,000 Miles away our India is next to our door.Conventional Submarines are our requirement they maybe lack in size and endurance but endurance is not our requirement.

Besides N-Subs are Noisy.We can't afford to pay for them.and Chinese are not going to give them us unless we by some accident become completely weak.

The Chinese SSBNs don't cost as much to operate compared to the Western SSBNs and Russian SSBNs.

I think they might deliver it once Pakistan has solved its financial problems and grown stronger in its economy.

PS, China has already helped Pakistan to build its nuclear weapons, so this will not be a big deal to help Pakistan to build its second strike capability.

Where did you learn the fact that JL-2 has failed? I think some Pseudo Military news from some Taiwanese.

hoho
Any military news about PLA from Taiwanese can be treat as rubbish.

JL-2 failed at least 3 times in previous experiments during the development, this is not a secrest even in Chinese bbs.
But it succeeded at last, X years ago. (sorry I can't tell you the exact X now, no need to explain:) )

Fail in development is not amazing, the biggiest difference of the China and India about military is that we Chinese can complete a work without any drumbeating, whether fail or success.

Back
Top Bottom